g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Bishop was from last year wasn’t he? I guess I was thinking that and Hunter too but this recruiting cycle has my head spinning like crazy. 

Bishop and Hunter both were in the 2017 class. Got passed up, little chance of seeing playing time. 

Radi did specify a highly rated player from the 2018 class is likely though still undecided. We had 12 players in the top 100 on composite so idk if highly rated is meant to be more specific than that haha... out of those 12, Ford is the only one that makes sense to me.

Bdawg58 likes this

can't stand radi.. just pure crap.. so a highly rated player might transfer, but might not.. so thus the idiotic guesses who it is crap now on uga message boards.. how about not post crap like that a few days before ESD when that is the best info you have.  smh..

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

can't stand radi.. just pure crap.. so a highly rated player might transfer, but might not.. so thus the idiotic guesses who it is crap now on uga message boards.. how about not post crap like that a few days before ESD when that is the best info you have.  smh..

Definitely agree. Radi usually does a really good job but that’s not one of his better moments. 

mike teevee likes this

My guess would be the WR Bush, if anyone. :shrug:

Or Condon or Ericson, as others have already suggested. Ford would make zero sense, unless he's really just homesick. 

Edited by RandomFan

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Definitely agree. Radi usually does a really good job but that’s not one of his better moments. 

radi has done this crap for years.. throws crap out there without having any real info and then later saying see this was who we were talking about nonsense.  he literally started rodney garner leaving rumors for years and years and finally it was right after a decade of him posting that crap.  i can't stand him at all. he is one of the worst things on rivals.  it's a shame because jake, dasher, and trent do a tremendous job imo. 

40 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Ford to me makes no sense, he’d be the guy half next year but definitely the following two 

Playing on Saturdays is only a part of the picture. Some guys get homesick when they’re from Illinois or Massachusetts or something and spend most of the year in Georgia away from their real life.

I don’t know who it is though and none of those guys are guaranteed to transfer out anyway. Like Sac said, it’s pretty crappy that Radi threw something like that out there.

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

radi has done this crap for years.. throws crap out there without having any real info and then later saying see this was who we were talking about nonsense.  he literally started rodney garner leaving rumors for years and years and finally it was right after a decade of him posting that crap.  i can't stand him at all. he is one of the worst things on rivals.  it's a shame because jake, dasher, and trent do a tremendous job imo. 

To be fair though I think Garner started a lot of that crap himself. I’ve heard stories about that guy. No idea how he lasted as long as he did with Richt.

The other guys are definitely a lot better at what they do than he is though, no doubt. 

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Also note, there is one Committed elsewhere player, that’s highly ranked that’s being worked to flip, that IS apart of this “Dawg Chat”

I see nobody else has pointed out and discussed this blurb yet. It got me to wondering...I wonder if it's just Nester who we already know about, or if it's another 5 star that we don't. It made me go check out the rankings and see who might be an unexpected darkhorse. Yes, I know most of these are very longshots, just throwing names out for discussion that we have been involved in at one point, no matter how trivial. 

John Emory 

Wanya Morris

Pappoe

Andrew Booth

Antonio Alfano

Harry Miller

Akeem Dent

George Pickens

Chris Hinton

Nathan Pickering

Justin Eboigbe

That's pretty much everyone, I think, from the composite top 100. Hinton and Pickens are my choices for most likely targets. Maybe Akeem Dent. 

Edited by RandomFan

TFWIW, a friends daughter who goes to UGA is friends with Luke Ford and said that he was back in Illinois and not practicing with the team for bowl practice 

25 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

TFWIW, a friends daughter who goes to UGA is friends with Luke Ford and said that he was back in Illinois and not practicing with the team for bowl practice 

Well, that would fit in with what some have speculated.  That's a shame, if true.

This might explain why we would be looking to give that JUCO TE a spot if Nauta goes pro. Or why we are looking at that grad transfer from Auburn.

Well, that sucks...

Edited by RandomFan

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

This might explain why we would be looking to give that JUCO TE a spot if Nauta goes pro. Or why we are looking at that grad transfer from Auburn.

Well, that sucks...

Well really sucks is to think what recruit might not have an offer now, due to us possibly having to use that ship to fill the Ford void.

Edited by Turkeydawg

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

yep he is homesick and they are giving him some time to stay home and not take part in bowl preparation.. they are trying to convince him to stay.. if nauta does leave early and it sounds like he is then we will take that juco Te.  we are losing 3 TEs if luke does transfer back home. 

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep he is homesick and they are giving him some time to stay home and not take part in bowl preparation.. they are trying to convince him to stay.. if nauta does leave early and it sounds like he is then we will take that juco Te.  we are losing 3 TEs if luke does transfer back home. 

Hopefully he is freezing his arse off and seeing nothing but heavyset, midwestern women.

And hopefully its just the holiday season blues away from family. He would likely be in our 2 deep if he stays. 

I wonder if he just doesn't like Chaneys coaching.

14 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Now I’m seeing that Dean might’ve committed to the coaching staff last night. Wednesday can’t get here quick enough lol

...and where did this rumor originate?

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

...and where did this rumor originate?

DawgVent... a very credible poster said that is what he’s hearing 

g-dawg likes this