g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

That Bama stranglehold on #1 class just got a little looser.

If Dawgs can get commits from Haselwood and beat Bama for Dean, Sanders and Neal - we might go Back-to-Back #1 classes.

Pretty sure I ranted on here not too long ago about how all this Bama *** kissing, guaranteeing they would land all these guys, is completely ridiculous. I didn’t even follow Thibodeaux recruitment closely and figured he was going to Oregon.

Times have changed. Most of the guys who made Bama a recruiting juggernaut are not there anymore. They don’t just get who they want and go to signing day without any worries now. They didn’t sign top classes for so many years just because “we’re Bama,” but that’s the attitude so many of the fans and media people have. Guys like Kirby and Cristobal are elite recruiters. They outwork the competition in recruiting and Kirby for one doesn’t have this “selling ice to eskimos” mentality. Other teams have helicopters now lol

No idea on Sopsher. Dean and Sanders are not going to Bama though and Neal is trending our way now too. At best (for us) Neal might be 50/50. I expect him to sign with Bama, but won’t be surprised if we pull him by Wednesday. We’ll see! Many are expecting Hill to flip back to Michigan too. 

Smallwood’s first wrong pick btw. Trent had predicted Thibodeaux to choose Bama.

I mean I guess he could ultimately still sign with Bama and then his prediction would be correct lol but more than likely he takes the L on this one. Really good track record though. Not bad if you only have one wrong. We’ll see how the rest works out. 

He currently has us closing with Sanders, Dean, Haselwood, Stevenson, Elam as of 12/12. He will probably remove Elam imo. Has said if he had to predict Wright and Neal now it would be UT and Bama, respectively, but info is hectic now and UGA is really making a push so he doesn’t have a final prediction on those 2 yet.

@Carter it’s hard to picture Sam Pittman going Ofer 2 on Neal/Wright even if he is starting a little late and having a high school coach in the tank for one.

I don’t know which one we get but if Wright doesn’t get talked into committing early and we miss on Neal - I bet Pittman closes on Wright.

Hopefully we just get Neal and be done with it.

Carter likes this

Trent has Sopsher predicted for LSU. 

Bama missing on Thibodeaux, Sanders, Dean, Neal, Sopsher, with Hill flipping back to Michigan.... would be an epic meltdown. 

Funniest comment I’ve seen on a Bama board is “why can’t we close anymore?” as they relentlessly talk about how Kirby is trash.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Trent has Sopsher predicted for LSU. 

Bama missing on Thibodeaux, Sanders, Dean, Neal, Sopsher, with Hill flipping back to Michigan.... would be an epic meltdown. 

Funniest comment I’ve seen on a Bama board is “why can’t we close anymore?” as they relentlessly talk about how Kirby is trash.

No coincidence that Bama’s lack of closing skill and Kirby being gone happened at same time.

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

@Carter it’s hard to picture Sam Pittman going Ofer 2 on Neal/Wright even if he is starting a little late and having a high school coach in the tank for one.

I don’t know which one we get but if Wright doesn’t get talked into committing early and we miss on Neal - I bet Pittman closes on Wright.

Hopefully we just get Neal and be done with it.

Hard to picture but entirely possible. We will know on Neal soon. If he goes to Bama as most expect then we have to hope Wright doesn’t fall for the pressure of signing early with his coach pushing him so hard to UT.

Ohio State commit OG Doug Nester is a potential flip. One to watch.

Just saw someone else claim Bulldog Bob said Sanders to UGA is a done deal? I must have missed this, did anyone else see it? 

I know several others like LG1 and Americus have said that, just hadn't seen it from BB also. 

95Dawg and g-dawg like this

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Just saw someone else claim Bulldog Bob said Sanders to UGA is a done deal? I must have missed this, did anyone else see it? 

I know several others like LG1 and Americus have said that, just hadn't seen it from BB also. 

LG1, Americus & Bulldog Bob  = Father, Son & Holy Ghost

4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

If Bulldog Bob said that then I missed it. Last post he made I believe was after last weekend, he said it was a great success and we made a lot of progress but the hay is not in the barn yet. Then said we will sign Webb. That was before Webb committed. 

RandomFan likes this

With all the wide receiver things he does great what I like the most is his willingness to block down field. You come out already willing to do the dirty stuff straight from high school you have already placed yourself in my good books

Edited by oztin
Carter and mike teevee like this

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Bulldog Bob basically told a guy on the Vault to take a bet that Sanders would go to Texas. I believe he’s confident that Sanders is all dawg

Edited by Bdawg58
RandomFan and Wardog357 like this

Not 2019 recruiting but Radi on Rivals is saying a member of 2018 class will transfer and it’s not Fields.  Anyone heard anything?

38 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Not 2019 recruiting but Radi on Rivals is saying a member of 2018 class will transfer and it’s not Fields.  Anyone heard anything?

Ugh!

Wasn't there a rumour about Luke Ford transferring?

8 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Ugh!

Wasn't there a rumour about Luke Ford transferring?

Not sure why he would.  Played 9th most snaps among freshmen.  Harris is gone, and most likely Nauta.  That leaves Woerner, Ford, Fitzpatrick and Goede.  

Edited by Turkeydawg
sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

I don’t feel comfortable saying what he said in the article who might transfer but i can say it’s not Luke Ford. He meantioned 2 2018 players and neither really played this year and if they did maybe in a blowout game or 2. Neither would be a huge loss considering what we have coming in with this class

LG1

• LG1
  •  
  • (655)
  • 85 months
  •  
29 minutes agovia Mobile

If this all comes together, give Nolan the credit as he is spearheading a group chat, that includes who’s who among 5 stars Dawg targets.

He has Really gotten Sanders and Neal to buy-in to the idea to continue being teammates in college. He’s our secret weapon behind the scenes that recruiting rules can’t touch.

Nolan, Sanders, Neal, Haselwood, Stevenson And Dean.

Epic!!!!

Not saying we will get all 4 of these none committed 5 Stars, but we already got a DGD 5 star that’s not even enrolled yet helping us fight this fight.

We will get our share, let’s see how many media guys start talking about the “Dawg Chat” as they are calling it

Also note, there is one Committed elsewhere player, that’s highly ranked that’s being worked to flip, that IS apart of this “Dawg Chat”

Kirby has these guys seeing that we are right at the mountain top, ready to burst thru, where Bama has already peaked and will be falling over the next several years.

Go Dawgs

4 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

I don’t feel comfortable saying what he said in the article who might transfer but i can say it’s not Luke Ford. He meantioned 2 2018 players and neither really played this year and if they did maybe in a blowout game or 2. Neither would be a huge loss considering what we have coming in with this class

Ericcson and Condon come to mind

With Hill pretty established at center, Salyer and others probably higher on the depth chart, and the #1 center now in town, he'll have a tough shot seeing the field. He was always only a take anyway because of Hill not wanting to play center, and us having to take one.

Condon, same thing; looking really rough for him to get out there. They asked him to greyshirt for a reason

Condon maybe and Ericsson given that condon prob never see the field or Ericsson give hill and Webb maybe to me that’d be the probably best case on teansfer 

Radi didn’t say anyone from the 2018 class is transferring. He said a few guys like Jaden Hunter and Tray Bishop are expected to and said a few guys in the freshman class are considering it, with one of the highly rated recruits from that class likely to go but still undecided. 

20 pages of wild speculation ensued. 

Luke Ford makes sense. He’s an out of state guy who committed to a coach that left for a big raise at a different school after he signed. It’s speculation though. 

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Radi didn’t say anyone from the 2018 class is transferring. He said a few guys like Jaden Hunter and Tray Bishop are expected to and said a few guys in the freshman class are considering it, with one of the highly rated recruits from that class likely to go but still undecided. 

20 pages of wild speculation ensued. 

Luke Ford makes sense. He’s an out of state guy who committed to a coach that left for a big raise at a different school after he signed. It’s speculation though. 

Bishop was from last year wasn’t he? I guess I was thinking that and Hunter too but this recruiting cycle has my head spinning like crazy.