g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

What the crap is up with all this UT love lately. That team hasn't done jack crap in a long time. So go to a team based on what exactly? Or go to a team that is on the trajectory of being a legitimate threat to a dynasty? It can't be the God forsaken school colors. SMH

UT’s pitch is come play big boy SEC ball and ball out and you could start as a Freshman.

You sell what you have on the shelf.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

I can’t speak to Pappoe’s ability to play ILB vs Star/Safety and/or how he compares to Roquan.  As far as size though, Roquan was 6’1”, 205lbs as a Freshman and Pappoe is 6’0”, 210lbs.

Roquan was special and probably possessed skills Pappoe doesn’t but the starting size is virtually the same.

Not the same at all

It's not about "starting size" Sorry, but I've seen many people post this for some time and it's wrong. 

Roquan had the frame to add on the additional build. Pappoe does not. He's just never going to have an adequate build to play LB

Pappoe's ranking and position classification was based on his freshman season and the assumption that he would continue to grow, both in height/weight/build, and in skill, but that just never happened

10 hours ago, Carter said:

Official visits this weekend:

Jadon Haselwood
DJ Williams
Zion Logue
Dominick Blaylock
Ryland Goede
Rian Davis
Trezman Marshall
Warren McClendon

I believe that Nolan Smith is also in town again.

Carter posted this one earlier

6 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Yea I saw just meant no Neal or Wright? 

Neal was on OV I wanna say last weekend and Wright cancelled for the umpteenth time. I wanna say he's back at UT this weekend on an unofficial.

Carter likes this

Saw on SECRant in UGA section that UGA decorating Haselwood’s hotel room had some type of tribute poster or something with Jadon and his friend that was killed.

Seems a weird thing to do.

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Saw on SECRant in UGA section that UGA decorating Haselwood’s hotel room had some type of tribute poster or something with Jadon and his friend that was killed.

It’s pretty special. He wore his friend’s number in the state championship game. Think Jadon will probably hold onto that forever. He seemed to really appreciate it. 

95Dawg and sdogg like this

39 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

Neal was on OV I wanna say last weekend and Wright cancelled for the umpteenth time. I wanna say he's back at UT this weekend on an unofficial.

Yeah Wright’s coach took him back to Knoxville this weekend. 

As long as he doesn’t sign early we have a chance.

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s pretty special. He wore his friend’s number in the state championship game. Think Jadon will probably hold onto that forever. He seemed to really appreciate it. 

Well Jadon will probably love it , but he will either love it or hate it and there won’t be any in between.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Well Jadon will probably love it , but he will either love it or hate it and there won’t be any in between.

It's amazing that people think they can guess someone else's feelings... I'm quite sure he can be anywhere in between... But most likely he'll love it. He's said all through the process that he wanted to feel like he was taking these trips 'with his friend'... This is  what doing your homework looks like...

RandomFan likes this

3 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

It's amazing that people think they can guess someone else's feelings... I'm quite sure he can be anywhere in between... But most likely he'll love it. He's said all through the process that he wanted to feel like he was taking these trips 'with his friend'... This is  what doing your homework looks like...

I am not claiming to know which way he will feel - I made that very clear. Sheesh

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

How?

23 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

How?

Thinks Dawgs recruiting department has a high tech graphics design department with ability to take photos from internet and transpose them onto a poster.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Thinks Dawgs recruiting department has a high tech graphics design department with ability to take photos from internet and transpose them onto a poster.

You can see the poster. It's well done.

g-dawg likes this

Andrew Bone (Rivals Bama writer) now calls UGA “the team to beat” for Sanders. 

He also finally acknowledges that Dean’s mom is pushing for him to go to UGA and if not UGA (other family members want Bama or Ole Miss due to distance) then Ole Miss. Mama doesn’t want her son at Bama.

I will say here that if Texas fans tell you they are getting Sanders or LSU fans tell you they are getting Dean... you should laugh at them. Just laugh and laugh and then pray for them.

Nations #2 overall prospect and #2 DE Kayvon Thibodeaux announcing between Bama, Oregon, FSU or Florida any minute now - supposed to be 3:30pm at halftime of Utah State/North Texas.   Most think it’s Bama with Oregon with outside chance.  

Would be a glorious Bama melt if he picked anyone but Bama.   Not expecting it - supposedly Kayvon started following a lot of Bama prospects and commits.

9 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Please pick Oregon, so we can watch half the Bama fan base meltdown and the other half say, "well he wasn't that good anyway" n

Two minutes away

sdogg likes this