g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Greed is overwhelming, want dean Stephenson haselwood sanders and one of the two 5* ot, nothing less is ok lol

Well, according to someone in the know, it’s around a 98% chance of Dean, Stephenson, Hazelwood and Sanders. 50/50 on Neal. I think we get Wright if we don’t get Neal

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Well, according to someone in the know, it’s around a 98% chance of Dean, Stephenson, Haselwood and Sanders. 50/50 on Neal. I think we get Wright if we don’t get Neal

98% on Dean, Stevenson, Hazelwood and Sanders :lol:

You should stay away from Vegas.

I do believe we are favorite for all 4 - but nowhere near 98% certain.

sdogg likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

Wright is actually higher rated, right?

Yeah but based on potential. He's viewed as a project that could turn into a really special player. Pretty sure Pittman could get the most out of him. Friend won't have any clue what to do with that lol

30 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

98% on Dean, Stevenson, Hazelwood and Sanders :lol:

You should stay away from Vegas.

I do believe we are favorite for all 4 - but nowhere near 98% certain.

Yeah at this point I think 100% we land all 4 actually. I might dip to 98% with him just because I don't know what is going on with Sanders and Texas, but it's hard for me to see a top RB choosing Texas over UGA now.

Saw earlier that Toneil Carter is transferring out of Texas btw. I didn't see a destination though, just that he is leaving.

No idea what happens between Wright and Neal. Very possible we don't land either one. Wright has spent a ton of time at UT and has a coach that is pushing him hard to UT. If they try to push him into signing early just so he doesn't visit UGA then that could blow up in their face... but idk if it will. Neal has strong relationships with staff at Bama. Really don't feel good about landing either one to be honest.

Would rather get Neal just to take another one from Bama... their message boards have been completely obsessed with UGA and talking mad trash on Kirby. It's kind of beautiful.

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

Whole bunch of CBs coming in for him to Bama. OSU insider flipped his too, said it was a done deal on the flip and that his recruitment is over. 

Yeah I'm not doubting it, I just didn't see that it was happening.

There is also chatter about recently flipped Daxton Hill flipping BACK to Michigan.

Well it looks like my previous statement about Trezman Marshall may have been premature. There's an article up now with quotes from the committed LB saying he's "not done yet." <_<

Trezman will be in Athens this weekend for his official visit. Says he will go back home afterward and figure it out. Says he's sure he will talk to the UT and UGA coaches a lot before signing day.

What the **** does committed even mean anymore... "hold my spot" more like it. <_<

25 minutes ago, Carter said:

Well it looks like my previous statement about Trezman Marshall may have been premature. There's an article up now with quotes from the committed LB saying he's "not done yet." <_<

Trezman will be in Athens this weekend for his official visit. Says he will go back home afterward and figure it out. Says he's sure he will talk to the UT and UGA coaches a lot before signing day.

What the **** does committed even mean anymore... "hold my spot" more like it. <_<

Yeah, I was curious why you were so confident?  Other than wearing UGA gloves in State Championship game, Trezman has done nothing I have seen to give me confidence he’s a lock to Dawgs.  

60% Dawgs - 40% VOLS

Carter likes this

9 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, I was curious why you were so confident?  Other than wearing UGA gloves in State Championship game, Trezman has done nothing I have seen to give me confidence he’s a lock to Dawgs.  

60% Dawgs - 40% VOLS

Appears I may have bitten on some sunshine pumping by certain insiders. :lol: 

g-dawg likes this

13 minutes ago, Carter said:

Bro don't send me to a website with that much orange again. :lol: 

If we lose Trez, it will be similar to player/coach - Webb/Pittman.

Kevin Sherrer recruited Trezman for three years at UGA before going to UT staff - sounds like they are thicker than thieves.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

If we lose Trez, it will be similar to player/coach - Webb/Pittman.

Kevin Sherrer recruited Trezman for three years at UGA before going to UT staff - sounds like they are thicker than thieves.

Yeah I get it. Was concerned for a while that Trezman was trending away from us but a few of the insiders I trust came out with some vague stuff on what I posted earlier and said he's all Dawg. Obviously things can change. 17/18 year old kids can change their minds on a commitment (to anything) for far less meaningful reasons than a father figure taking a job at a different school.

g-dawg likes this

On a separate note, I don't know how yall handle posting on SEC Rant. The actual board software is terrible and there are sooooo many terrible fans on there. :lol: 

I haven't really checked out the UGA board yet.

fibonaccisquared likes this

Just now, Carter said:

On a separate note, I don't know how yall handle posting on SEC Rant. The actual board software is terrible and there are sooooo many terrible fans on there. :lol: 

I haven't really checked out the UGA board yet.

It's a cesspool, but it's just one of the several sites I hit trying to glean any info I can get. 

There was some talk at one point that Pappoe might eventually reconsider the Dawgs - but it was a long time ago.  Any updates, one way or another?

8 minutes ago, Cockybrit said:

There was some talk at one point that Pappoe might eventually reconsider the Dawgs - but it was a long time ago.  Any updates, one way or another?

He reaffirmed his commitment to Auburn not too long ago. I haven't seen anything about us still trying to flip him. If anything he might flip to Tennessee.

Official visits this weekend:

Jadon Haselwood
DJ Williams
Zion Logue
Dominick Blaylock
Ryland Goede
Rian Davis
Trezman Marshall
Warren McClendon

I believe that Nolan Smith is also in town again.

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

He reaffirmed his commitment to Auburn not too long ago. I haven't seen anything about us still trying to flip him. If anything he might flip to Tennessee.

What the crap is up with all this UT love lately. That team hasn't done jack crap in a long time. So go to a team based on what exactly? Or go to a team that is on the trajectory of being a legitimate threat to a dynasty? It can't be the God forsaken school colors. SMH

Carter likes this

1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

What the crap is up with all this UT love lately. That team hasn't done jack crap in a long time. So go to a team based on what exactly? Or go to a team that is on the trajectory of being a legitimate threat to a dynasty? It can't be the God forsaken school colors. SMH

Well in Pappoe’s case he’s actually not being heavily pursued by the heavyweights, hasn’t been for a while now. He wasn’t all that impressive this year and he’s really more of a tweener at the next level. Not big/bulky enough to really fill in for LB and there are better prospects at safety. Auburn and Tennessee just want to add more talent.

We started off pitching him on a Roquan type of ILB role but then re-evaluated him and the coaches felt he would only come in at star, the hybrid nickel LB/safety position. He wasn’t too hot on that idea.

I'm not sure he has a true position in college.

Wardog357 likes this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Well in Pappoe’s case he’s actually not being heavily pursued by the heavyweights, hasn’t been for a while now. He wasn’t all that impressive this year and he’s really more of a tweener at the next level. Not big/bulky enough to really fill in for LB and there are better prospects at safety. Auburn and Tennessee just want to add more talent.

We started off pitching him on a Roquan type of ILB role but then re-evaluated him and the coaches felt he would only come in at star, the hybrid nickel LB/safety position. He wasn’t too hot on that idea.

I'm not sure he has a true position in college.

I can’t speak to Pappoe’s ability to play ILB vs Star/Safety and/or how he compares to Roquan.  As far as size though, Roquan was 6’1”, 205lbs as a Freshman and Pappoe is 6’0”, 210lbs.

Roquan was special and probably possessed skills Pappoe doesn’t but the starting size is virtually the same.