g-dawg

December Recruiting Thread - let’s close the gap!!!

2,010 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't see anyway that bama doesn't win the #1 recruiting class.. their class is just nasty..  they took 2 of the best dbs in the nation.. they signing like 28 or 29 guys.. looks like they are getting sopher and thideboux (spelling).. to go with possibly sanders, neal, and a few other bigtimers.. 

It’s gonna be close but they do have a numbers advantage. I think they probably stick at #1 but our class will be so close on points the difference will really be negligible. 

Gonna be interesting for sure. I’m even more glued to recruiting info through this stretch before signing day than I was last year.

#1 is possible if things fall perfectly for us. More than likely I think #2. 

Texas A&M has a nasty class themselves. 

fibonaccisquared likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't see anyway that bama doesn't win the #1 recruiting class.. their class is just nasty..  they took 2 of the best dbs in the nation.. they signing like 28 or 29 guys.. looks like they are getting sopher and thideboux (spelling).. to go with possibly sanders, neal, and a few other bigtimers.. 

The 28/29 thing really won't matter *that* much. I ran the math on this before, you get a really low portion of credit for guys beyond 25. It "helps" but not that much when you think about the fact that it's the bottom 3-4 guys in their class that then have the modifier applied. The reality is they just have a very good target class... if we can land Dean, Sanders, and Wright, we'll make it interesting to say the least. If we also took Neal, we'll probably land #1 (with a chance to do what people are projecting for Bama and topping UF's 324.xx best class ever).

Carter and Wardog357 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Carter said:

Was wondering the same. I have no idea. 

Usually I would almost for sure say YES, but if so, seems we would know about it by now.

Carter likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

The 28/29 thing really won't matter *that* much. I ran the math on this before, you get a really low portion of credit for guys beyond 25. It "helps" but not that much when you think about the fact that it's the bottom 3-4 guys in their class that then have the modifier applied. The reality is they just have a very good target class... if we can land Dean, Sanders, and Wright, we'll make it interesting to say the least. If we also took Neal, we'll probably land #1 (with a chance to do what people are projecting for Bama and topping UF's 324.xx best class ever).

247’s bell curve and Rivals only counting the top 20 in a class for team rankings is going to negate them back counting. We should have a pretty near equal class in terms of points for team rankings when the dust settles imo.

We will probably blow everyone away with the 2020 class though. We’re already in with most of the top 15 I think it is lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just as silly to just decide that Alabama is getting everyone they want, and is unreachable, as it is to decide we're getting everyone we want

Recruiting just isn't that simple

I mean, for goodness sake, we just took Webb today; Alabama isn't getting all their top targets. They just aren't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

It's just as silly to just decide that Alabama is getting everyone they want, and is unreachable, as it is to decide we're getting everyone we want

Recruiting just isn't that simple

I mean, for goodness sake, we just took Webb today; Alabama isn't getting all their top targets. They just aren't.

I’m stoked for this class already. Keep what we have and everything else is icing on the cake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Wiltfong CB for Cain to PSU

Hopefully that means Sanders to UGA 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't see anyway that bama doesn't win the #1 recruiting class.. their class is just nasty..  they took 2 of the best dbs in the nation.. they signing like 28 or 29 guys.. looks like they are getting sopher and thideboux (spelling).. to go with possibly sanders, neal, and a few other bigtimers.. 

There is a way, but it won't be easy. They are also counting a lot of chickens before they hatch. Such as they are convinced they are getting Nakobe Dean. And Sanders, and Neal, and Thibodeaux, along with others. They are so crazy they are talking on the rant about possibly having room for 31 signees by exploiting loopholes. Apparently one of their "insiders" is stoking that fire. You can't help but laugh at em, and then they strut around and have the audacity to complain about UGA fans being arrogant. Frick Bammer!

fibonaccisquared likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

Are you saying Thibodeaux? Tib-O-Doe is how that's pronounced. Izzzzzzzzzz  live in Cajun country. :lol:

I lived in New Orleans and I would intentionally pronounce it Thib - O - Dex for a reaction from the locals.  Those were the good old days. 

Wardog357 and ncgodawgs like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Plumlee just got a cb to ol miss? 

We aren’t really trying to hold onto him. He wants to play QB and baseball and it sounds like our coaches are ok with him doing that elsewhere if he’s so inclined. OM is recruiting him as an athlete, not specifically a QB. 

He may flip and then we either use that spot for best player available or a different QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carter said:

247’s bell curve and Rivals only counting the top 20 in a class for team rankings is going to negate them back counting. We should have a pretty near equal class in terms of points for team rankings when the dust settles imo.

We will probably blow everyone away with the 2020 class though. We’re already in with most of the top 15 I think it is lol

From what I’ve been told Tate Ratledge is a big Georgia lean too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Good job getting Webb. Pretty big win to go into Alabama territory and take a guy. 

The cherry on top to getting Clay Webb is this is just a dream of a great kid.  This is the kind of guy that you hope your daughter meets when she goes away to college - not drunk frat guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't look now but seeing multiple sources, one more legit than the rest, saying Trey Sanders is a done deal to the good guys. And it's not based on the Sanders+Nolan tweets. It was reported the last few days that our staff had given him a Tuesday deadline for letting us know if he was on board; apparently that answer came tonight. 

But as always, take it with a grain of salt. 

Edited by RandomFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Don't look now but seeing multiple sources, one more legit than the rest, saying Trey Sanders is a done deal to the good guys. And it's not based on the Sanders+Nolan tweets. It was reported the last few days that our staff had given him a Tuesday deadline for letting us know if he was on board; apparently that answer came tonight. 

But as always, take it with a grain of salt. 

I saw some of that chatter too. Trying to keep the excitement down till I hear it from him.

 

giphy.gif

95Dawg and RandomFan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

I saw some of that chatter too. Trying to keep the excitement down till I hear it from him.

Of course the Gumps are saying he is in the bag for them too :D

We'll know for sure soon enough.

mike teevee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok bear with me here lol. Heard some more info and details regarding Dean. Conflicting info or what would be perceived as misinformation is surrounding this guy pretty thick and I want to be clear that this is my take on it based on info from articles, staffers and multiple reliably connected dudes. Obviously I’m biased. I try not to be with this stuff but it is what it is.

Dean’s mom loves UGA, loves Kirby, loves Schumann. Dean himself is reportedly very comfortable with UGA. Mama Dean blessed off on it a while ago now. UGA seems to be Dean’s leader. Multiple guys saying Bama is a distant THIRD for Nakobe. And the conflicting info seems to be coming from family members that want him to go somewhere closer to home... as in they are telling him they will have to drive through Alabama to get to Athens so why not just go to Bama. I saw that actually quoted.

Ole Miss has the family connection and is a real potential landing spot no matter what our opinions of their team might be. I think Ole Miss would be the compromise with his family’s wishes, but mama is the one who really counts and she’s all good with UGA. So we’ll see but I think he takes mom’s blessing and makes his choice for himself. I think the Bama noise is coming from staffers and insiders reaching out for sources in the community - or his family directly - and picking up that distance is a factor and they think he will or should just go to Bama. The info isn’t necessarily wrong, it’s just not coming from Dean. It’s coming from folks close to him that want him closer to home.

Anyway, I suppose that could be totally wrong. There could be some other details of course that we’re not aware of. The family angle makes perfect sense to me though for why there is such conflicting info and this seems to me like a realistic bigger picture on Dean. 

Guess we’ll see. Go Dawgs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys be prepared for Plumlee to flip. Not sure if we will bring in another QB but it looks like we’re trying to take advantage of getting in good with some guys we weren’t sure we would be in with. Cain also wanted to commit to us and he’s going to Penn State now. Take from it what you will I guess. Probably gonna be a lot of movement this week before we get settled in on who we finish with next Wednesday. 

Not sure what the word is on Sanders at this time. If we don’t get his commitment then expect DJ Williams to be in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be one those where I’ll read optimistically and say that’s a good tip we landing Sanders, cause I know we are impressed with DJ but can’t imagine he would be a take over Cain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now