TRUju2111

Watching Georgia choke..as fans we are cursed

201 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I don't think he would have been harassed for not playing Fields. Kirby and company aren't using Fields the way they should. Everybody and their brother knew what Fields was going to do when he entered the game for the three or four plays that he did. Kirby and company tried fake punts three times this year that I remember and all three failed miserably. I think that they thought with putting Fields in it would be a better chance to make the play. Wrong. They should have played Field more this year and when Fromm started to fizzle in the second half, he could have brought a different skill set to the game. Fromm fizzled out like he did last year once Saban made adjustments. Fields should have never been put in that situation, they should have called timeout when they saw Alabama was not input formation. Fields or Fromm was not to blame for that debacle last night, Kirby and the coaches are. The three fake punts lost us two games against LSU and Alabama. It changed the momentum in the LSU game. 

I just hope Fields is the starter next year. Fromm missed an easy first down to Ridley that would have put us in prime position for a td. He threw wide, next play Blankenchump missed the chip shot and our offense was done after that. I watched Fromm slide short twice, one costing us a key 1st down going to the plus side of the 50 later in the 4th. He has no heart, he lost all my respect last night

FalconinPA and Halcon-1 like this

26 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I just hope Fields is the starter next year. Fromm missed an easy first down to Ridley that would have put us in prime position for a td. He threw wide, next play Blankenchump missed the chip shot and our offense was done after that. I watched Fromm slide short twice, one costing us a key 1st down going to the plus side of the 50 later in the 4th. He has no heart, he lost all my respect last night

No offence, but I think this is silly. Fields has shown next to nothing and Fromm was dropping dimes. A few missed throws and stare downs, but he played incredible for most of the game. It’s not his fault the play calling got worse in the second half. Anytime Fields came in, nothing happened and we lost momentum. 

sdogg likes this

2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

As a Tech alumnae, watching UGA choke for the 2nd straight was more glorious than winning the title ourselves! Love it!

Because you'll never get close to winning one yourself. Wake up, you're tech. You think a new coach will change that? You'll still be 7-5 and playing in bowl games in December. 

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Having Fields around this year was more of a torture than a blessing as many fans felt he should be in while Fromm should be out and vice versa.  Fields is a high-quality prospect, however, not an established superstar while Fromm is at least a certainty that did very well for 3 quarters last night.

Kirby knew if he did not have Fields play at least a few plays in the game last night, he would probably be harassed harder than if he just simply lost the game.  He would not even have considered the fake punt if Fields had not been around.  UGA was more interested in having the #1 prospect last year than having the #1 title.

Well you could say the same thing about Tua last year if that’s the case who Kirby didn’t gameplan for. Should have taken a page out of Saban’s book and took a risk. Plus Kirby misused Fields all season on some bs run plays. Fields threw a 60 yard dime to a wide open receiver and the receiver dropped it. Guess what happened next. Fields was taken out and Fromm was put back in and threw an int on that same series. Then used Fields again on a dam run play in the same game the rest of the game. 

You can’t tell me that Kirby didn’t ignore the tape on that. He never went back to that play the rest of the season for Fields.

Edited by ICUH8N

1 hour ago, Maximum The Hormone said:

How about all the fumbles Alabama had that they recovered themselves. One ended up being a td

Any other team would have had it but because it's Georgia team .. it's a negative smh

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

I agree, I hope Fields starts next year as well. People are saying Fromm had a great game. I say he had a great half, just like last year. When Alabama made adjustments Fromm was lost. 

ICUH8N likes this

1 hour ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

Because you'll never get close to winning one yourself. Wake up, you're tech. You think a new coach will change that? You'll still be 7-5 and playing in bowl games in December. 

And I will keep enjoying my education level all along the way new coach and all.

I love watching UGA fans suffer, especially all the fans that have never been to Athens or have any relation to the university.

Im ruthless, and I remember having the most recent and more NCs....oops...

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
TNFalcon1 and Halcon-1 like this

4 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Tech has little room to gloat right now after losing to UGA the week before and now not even having a coach around in a few weeks.  It will be years before Tech even thinks again of a conference title.

When it comes to titles, if it’s not an NC, we are all the same losers, so I’m in the same boat as every other UGA fan...sitting on the outside looking in....

I love watching UGA fans suffer, especially all the fans that have never been to Athens or have any relation to the university.

4 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

And I will keep enjoying my education level all along the way new coach and all.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

4 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Ya and in every loss all it would took is 1 bad play to go our way..SB all the deflection that ended up being completions or hitting the ground..Yesterday all the fumbles that bama recoverd, one being a touch back reversed for a td. I mean list goes on..but **** can't we just get something to go our way

Exactly i was like tf with all these fumbles and we cant get one?! It always happens just **** always goes the other teams way in important games 

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Same here. Boom! I think it is assumed that Falcons MB means all UGA as well. There are Ga Tech, Ga Southern, Florida State, Tennessee, Bama (Roll Tide), Florida, Clemson, Miami, Ohio State, and more fans here. WE are not cursed. I have a healthy amount of satisfaction cheering my college team.

It's fairly easy to be a Bama fan. UGA is also my school, my alma mater. I was born into and chose the darkness. Which is why when we burn this ************** to the ground, I dont wanna hear **** about it.

9 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

It's fairly easy to be a Bama fan. UGA is also my school, my alma mater. I was born into and chose the darkness. Which is why when we burn this ************** to the ground, I dont wanna hear **** about it.

Lifelong fan. Wasn’t always easy man

10 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

I am happy for Bama fans.

Not this guy.  I'm sorry, but I'm just not.  They've had more than enough opportunities to celebrate championships, to the point that most of the Tide fans I know feel like it's just owed to them and have reached a level of smugness that rivals the infinitely obnoxious fan base in Green Bay.  They've got reason enough to be happy without anybody being happy for them.

No Talent *** Clown likes this

On 12/1/2018 at 5:55 PM, TRUju2111 said:

Any team in Georgia is cursed. First the shank then Fromm sliding short. Another choke..oh joy

agree

1 hour ago, bfarmer1980 said:

Not this guy.  I'm sorry, but I'm just not.  They've had more than enough opportunities to celebrate championships, to the point that most of the Tide fans I know feel like it's just owed to them and have reached a level of smugness that rivals the infinitely obnoxious fan base in Green Bay.  They've got reason enough to be happy without anybody being happy for them.

To each there own I guess.

On 12/1/2018 at 7:52 PM, FalconinPA said:

That dumb fake punt has to be the worst play call in Georgia history. What was he thinking? 

What is more sad about that decision is bama was in a defensive set, not a punt return defense. You take a timeout and and get your f*** ing offense out there wtf.  Kirby smart is so stupid after doing something that dumb. Looks like hes gonna be another mark richt , a coach who cant win the big games :( 

FalconinPA likes this

2 minutes ago, falconsrsuper said:

What is more sad about that decision is bama was in a defensive set, not a punt return defense. You take a timeout and and get your f*** ing offense out there wtf.  Kirby smart is so stupid after doing something that dumb. Looks like hes gonna be another mark richt , a coach who cant win the big games :( 

Exactly, why they let that play continue is beyond me. I am so pissed at Kirby and company

falconsrsuper likes this

On 12/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, mqg96 said:

People forget this Georgia team had 65% freshmen and sophomores on the roster, the most of ANY SEC team and the 15th youngest overall team in the country. This Georgia team wasn't as good as last year's team, and this Bama team is a lot better than last season, and we still almost had Bama. 2020 is Georgia's window to get the championship. I'm still sticking by that. We're in the Sugar Bowl this year so I'll take it. 

Dont get your hopes up. I agree georgia will be scary good with talent and youth for the next 2 years but the coaches dont know how to utilize them and will do stupid crap. Its like the coaching staff will always fu ck something up, especially in big games that matter. Seen it to many times over the last 20-30 years. I have no faith in any of the coaching staffs for both georgia and the falcons right now. 

mqg96 likes this

7 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

When it comes to titles, if it’s not an NC, we are all the same losers, so I’m in the same boat as every other UGA fan...sitting on the outside looking in....

I hate seeing dumb comments like this and you posted it twice :rolleyes:

Doesnt surprise me coming from a tech fan. How about a kid in high school ,So since hes never been to athens or never been an alumni he cant be a fan of the dogs? :huh:

7 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Most recent? I thought that was awarded to the Buffaloes? ?

18 minutes ago, falconsrsuper said:

I hate seeing dumb comments like this and you posted it twice :rolleyes:

Doesnt surprise me coming from a tech fan. How about a kid in high school ,So since hes never been to athens or never been an alumni he cant be a fan of the dogs? :huh:

You don’t get it, but that’s fine. Not sure what makes the comment dumb. It’s an opinionated statement geared towards a general fan base, but that’s fine. Call it dumb, doesn’t change the fact it is enjoyable to me watching UGA lose a 4th quarter lead in the N.C. game last year and the SEC game this year...or the Aaron Murray pass just short a couple years back. And that WVU Pate White Sugar Bowl, that was a good one too