TRUju2111

Watching Georgia choke..as fans we are cursed

201 posts in this topic

This is setting up for one of the most epic moments of our lives. It wont be this year....but that moment is coming. You can't lose like this, this many times, before it's all worth it. Come Atlanta, we stop suffering. 

Spliff likes this

30 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

This is setting up for one of the most epic moments of our lives. It wont be this year....but that moment is coming. You can't lose like this, this many times, before it's all worth it. Come Atlanta, we stop suffering. 

Atl/Ga teams can and will lose like this without getting any retribution. We've been doing this for decades. UGA and the Falcons will not get revenge they will continue to lose in the spotlight. The Hawks will always suck and the Braves will choke as well. Untied will also probably lose just to keep the choke tradition alive in the state.

We will never get another championship in any sport and being a fan here will always lead to disappointment.

Lots of "woe is me" talk in here. Alabama has been the number one team all season for a reason. The Bulldogs aren't cursed, they're in the best conference in college football. 

Moaning and complaining wont fix the problem and it won't make you feel better. 

3 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I'm not cursed. I'm a lifelong Bama (and Falcon) fan.

The Falcons had terrible injury luck, didn't figure out fast enough that they needed to get some help, and lost a season. But they'll be fine.

Same here. Boom! I think it is assumed that Falcons MB means all UGA as well. There are Ga Tech, Ga Southern, Florida State, Tennessee, Bama (Roll Tide), Florida, Clemson, Miami, Ohio State, and more fans here. WE are not cursed. I have a healthy amount of satisfaction cheering my college team.

1 hour ago, Internetallstar said:

Lots of "woe is me" talk in here. Alabama has been the number one team all season for a reason. The Bulldogs aren't cursed, they're in the best conference in college football. 

Moaning and complaining wont fix the problem and it won't make you feel better. 

In the last two games Georgia has played against Alabama, there have been 290 plays run. Alabama has led for only 9 of those plays, for a total of 61 seconds, and they've beaten Georgia both times.

We. Are. Cursed.

11 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Any team in Georgia is cursed. First the shank then Fromm sliding short. Another choke..oh joy

Common Thread: 

No star-talent on D-Line.

They continue to aquired great talents as LB, RB, WR, - to - Prop-up their "great QB talent".

UGA seems to geared for a lot of let-downs. It seems like they will win more Heisman awards at QB nd RB than Championships. Take one of those RBs or QBs, and make him a pass-rusher!

Their OC becomes too conservative late in big games.

No trophies or rings can get into a "tight-fist".

The Braves have won a Championship. Could they have won more? Yes.

Yet, The Braves are better at building a team based on fundamentals than The Falcons, UGA, Hawks.

Pitching. Defense first.

They continue to draft pitchers in the first round (even though Cox traded for Smotlz and they signed Maddux as a free agent).

21 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

UGA and Bama totaled 290 plays over the previous 2 meetings.  Bama has led for a total of 9 plays yet won both games.

Tough pill to swallow.

UGA blew both games, no other way to say it. We are Saban's b****

11 hours ago, isproab said:

Kirby did his team no favors with the 4th and 11 fake punt. No words when I saw that. The Georgia offense went to sleep in the 2nd half. 

Because Chaney did the same ish he did in the Natty--stopped letting Fromm throw. The kid was throwing dimes and once again the OC took him out of his rhythm. I'm like "where's the playaction, they need to put this game away NOW" when it was 28-14. Like, this is Alabama we're talking about. They're like the New England Patriots of college football--give them enough opportunities and they will make you pay for it.

They played not to lose (again) in the second half and lost in literally almost the exact same fashion as the natty--starting Alabama QB comes out of the game in the 4th quarter and backup wins it.

Can't make this ish up. 

Vandy and Dungeon Family like this

11 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

Some stupid Georgia fans are blaming Fields for that fake punt, that is on the sorry *** coaches. He should have never been put in that position.

If anything Kirby should have learned his lesson from last year and put the #1 recruit Fields in and taken Fromm out once he stopped producing. He let his pride get the best of him. But instead of doing that he put Fields in only on running plays. The Bama defense knew it every time. Kirby didn’t keep the Bama defense off balance in the 2nd half and ran that bonehead 4th and 11 play. That’s not on Fields one bit. Kirby doesn’t deserve the last name SMART. He will be known as Kirby DUMB until he proves it otherwise. 

Edited by ICUH8N
FalconinPA likes this

41 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

If anything Kirby should have learned his lesson from last year and put the #1 recruit Fields in and taken Fromm out once he stopped producing. He let his pride get the best of him. But instead of doing that he put Fields in only on running plays. The Bama defense knew it every time. Kirby didn’t keep the Bama defense off balance in the 2nd half and ran that bonehead 4th and 11 play. That’s not on Fields one bit. Kirby doesn’t deserve the last name SMART. He will be known as Kirby DUMB until he proves it otherwise. 

Fromm wasn't producing because Chaney stopped calling pass plays. He took the ball out of Fromm's hands. He got wayyy too conservative (again) in the second half. Everybody and their momma knows Bama was gearing up to stop the run. They were pretty much daring UGA to beat them passing and the worst thing about that is they could. I said it last year too, if UGA beats Bama, it's going to be because of the arm of Jake Fromm. 

The dude threw for 300+ yards, 3 TDs averaging like 10 YPA with no turnovers and Chaney still keeps babying him. It's so frustrating (and laughable at this point) to watch almost the exact same scenario play out the same way.

sdogg likes this

49 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

Good post. I agree 100% percent

28 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

As a Tech alumnae, watching UGA choke for the 2nd straight was more glorious than winning the title ourselves! Love it!

Tech has little room to gloat right now after losing to UGA the week before and now not even having a coach around in a few weeks.  It will be years before Tech even thinks again of a conference title.

sdogg likes this

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Same here. Boom! I think it is assumed that Falcons MB means all UGA as well. There are Ga Tech, Ga Southern, Florida State, Tennessee, Bama (Roll Tide), Florida, Clemson, Miami, Ohio State, and more fans here. WE are not cursed. I have a healthy amount of satisfaction cheering my college team.

I am happy for Bama fans. You guys are coached the right way. Kirby is stubborn to a fault and it kills us every time. Kirby and his staff lost both of these games for us. 

putnam6 likes this

51 minutes ago, ICUH8N said:

Having Fields around this year was more of a torture than a blessing as many fans felt he should be in while Fromm should be out and vice versa.  Fields is a high-quality prospect, however, not an established superstar while Fromm is at least a certainty that did very well for 3 quarters last night.

Kirby knew if he did not have Fields play at least a few plays in the game last night, he would probably be harassed harder than if he just simply lost the game.  He would not even have considered the fake punt if Fields had not been around.  UGA was more interested in having the #1 prospect last year than having the #1 title.

15 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Any team in Georgia is cursed. First the shank then Fromm sliding short. Another choke..oh joy

The choking goes much further than the Falcons my friend..its just disheartening watching the game and just waiting for **** to unravel and sure enough it always does.whether its a dumb*** coach going for a fake punt at midfield or not just running the ball to win the biggest game of your life..constant heartbreak and disappointment.thats georgia sports.

Edited by RoddyWhite84

4 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

The choking goes much further than the Falcons my friend..its just disheartening watching the game and just waiting for **** to unravel and sure enough it always does.whether its a dumb*** coach going for a fake punt at midfield or not just running the ball to win the biggest game of your life..constant heartbreak and disappointment.thats georgia sports.

Ya and in every loss all it would took is 1 bad play to go our way..SB all the deflection that ended up being completions or hitting the ground..Yesterday all the fumbles that bama recoverd, one being a touch back reversed for a td. I mean list goes on..but **** can't we just get something to go our way

RoddyWhite84 likes this

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Having Fields around this year was more of a torture than a blessing as many fans felt he should be in while Fromm should be out and vice versa.  Fields is a high-quality prospect, however, not an established superstar while Fromm is at least a certainty that did very well for 3 quarters last night.

Kirby knew if he did not have Fields play at least a few plays in the game last night, he would probably be harassed harder than if he just simply lost the game.  He would not even have considered the fake punt if Fields had not been around.  UGA was more interested in having the #1 prospect last year than having the #1 title.

I don't think he would have been harassed for not playing Fields. Kirby and company aren't using Fields the way they should. Everybody and their brother knew what Fields was going to do when he entered the game for the three or four plays that he did. Kirby and company tried fake punts three times this year that I remember and all three failed miserably. I think that they thought with putting Fields in it would be a better chance to make the play. Wrong. They should have played Field more this year and when Fromm started to fizzle in the second half, he could have brought a different skill set to the game. Fromm fizzled out like he did last year once Saban made adjustments. Fields should have never been put in that situation, they should have called timeout when they saw Alabama was not input formation. Fields or Fromm was not to blame for that debacle last night, Kirby and the coaches are. The three fake punts lost us two games against LSU and Alabama. It changed the momentum in the LSU game.