Falcons Fan MVP

Should we sign Kareem Hunt next year?

108 posts in this topic

The Chiefs just released Kareem Hunt. He has a 6 game suspension and whoever signs him will have to deal with that. But with our running back situation Freeman being a ? And Tevin Coleman not necessarily being a dominant back we would definitely benefit from having Kareem Hunt on our team. I know a lot of people don't like him now but I want my E

I want my team to win a championship and Kareem Hunt would help give us a good chance to do that. I know we probably won't, but should we sign Kareem Hunt? It would be a bad PR move but I think Kareem Hunt would be on his best behavior after what happened and would get along with everybody. He's still on his rookie contract I hope like he!! we sign him. I want to win and I think Hunt would help us.

FalconinPA likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I doubt it.

I know we probably won't but I think the chances of us winning a SB would increase tremendously if we signed him. That would fix our running game.

4 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

Sure. He's going to need to bulk up to play DE or OG though. 

We can draft linemen. But if we can get Hunt that would fix our running game.

Doubt any team will sign him in the immediate future. Things are going to have to blow over before any team will touch him. Hunt will have to become an advocate against jumping on women and repair his image before making a comeback no earlier than 2020 in my opinion. I just don't see him playing for quite some time.

He will get a second chance eventually if he stays far away from more trouble and proves that he isn't that same guy on that tape anymore.......

........just not with the Falcons.

I don't get why the original team feels compelled to release him (I know it's basically for show) when they know somebody else can and will sign them. It's about the right 'optics' I suppose.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I want my team to win a championship and Kareem Hunt would help give us a good chance to do that. I know we probably won't, but should we sign Kareem Hunt? It would be a bad PR move but I think Kareem Hunt would be on his best behavior after what happened and would get along with everybody. He's still on his rookie contract I hope like he!! we sign him. I want to win and I think Hunt would help us.

He is better than anything we have so yes I would sign him also. Granted there is a chance. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Some of you care more about winning than morality and that's just sad. The reason Hunt even got to play this year was because he lied to the Chiefs and NFL about what happened and the police wouldn't release the video until TMZ did it for them. That's why Hunt was immediately released without there even being a debate about it. Sorry, but I don't want to be forced into a situation where I have to root for women beaters. I will never root for a known woman beater. I'd quit supporting the Falcons and the NFL prior to rooting for one. That goes for anyone. I don't know how Bengal fans live with themselves and openly root for Joe Mixon. I just can't do it. My conscious won't let me.

cnst and Ergo Proxy like this

57 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Some of you care more about winning than morality and that's just sad. The reason Hunt even got to play this year was because he lied to the Chiefs and NFL about what happened and the police wouldn't release the video until TMZ did it for them. That's why Hunt was immediately released without there even being a debate about it. Sorry, but I don't want to be forced into a situation where I have to root for women beaters. I will never root for a known woman beater. I'd quit supporting the Falcons and the NFL prior to rooting for one. That goes for anyone. I don't know how Bengal fans live with themselves and openly root for Joe Mixon. I just can't do it. My conscious won't let me.

I don't think he'd be a distraction in the locker room. I think he'll straighten up after that. I'm tired of people complaining about us not winning a Championship. I think we need to be smart aggressive.

18 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I don't think he'd be a distraction in the locker room. I think he'll straighten up after that. I'm tired of people complaining about us not winning a Championship. I think we need to be smart aggressive.

Has nothing to do with him being a distraction in the locker room and everything to do with him being a slimy SOB who I can't make myself root for. I will never support women beaters.

30 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Has nothing to do with him being a distraction in the locker room and everything to do with him being a slimy SOB who I can't make myself root for. I will never support women beaters.

After what we've been through I just want to give us the best chance to win a Championship. We fans have had our hearts broken so many times. I'm sure we have players on our team that have done bad things at some point. But that's just me. Of course I'd rather see D Freeman, Tevin Coleman and Itto Smith give us what we need so we don't have to want a Kareem Hunt.

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

After what we've been through I just want to give us the best chance to win a Championship. We fans have had our hearts broken so many times. I'm sure we have players on our team that have done bad things at some point. But that's just me. Of course I'd rather see D Freeman, Tevin Coleman and Itto Smith give us what we need so we don't have to want a Kareem Hunt.

Winning isn't worth throwing morality away. Winning will never be that important to me.