Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconer89

Saints Won't Win the SB This Season

36 posts in this topic

I realize our season has gone down the drain. But the Aints wont make the SB. Hopefully that will make some feel better. Oh yeah, I take Ryan over Brees any day of the week. This season I mean. Ryan has done more with less protection.

Won’t make anyone who cares as much feel any better until it becomes a reality. The thought alone truly crushes some souls around here. You saying they won’t make it doesn’t change that because if they do make it the only thing you’ll say is they won’t win it. Then if they turn around and win it you’ll really feel sick to your stomach 

Scott1988 and papachaz like this

I don't give a rip who wins the SB or where they win it. We aren't gonna be in it. I just want to win one, I don't care what town host it. Why is it so important just because we host it this year?! Alot of teams,not called the Saints, have won SBs in New Orleans. **** we may end up winning one there. Won't mean no more to me than anywhere else. Just want to win one. Don't be like the obsessed moronic Saints fans peeing their pants about getting to win one here. What does it matter. We will probably host a bunch of SBs here now and we probably won't win none of them. Just how it is.

ya_boi_j likes this

What's funny is that in 2009 the year they won the Super Bowl, they had losses to the Bucs and Cowboys, and this year the Bucs and Cowboys are their only losses. They haven't played the Panthers yet tho this year so we'll have to see. 

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

What's funny is that in 2009 the year they won the Super Bowl, they had losses to the Bucs and Cowboys, and this year the Bucs and Cowboys are their only losses. They haven't played the Panthers yet tho this year so we'll have to see. 

And conveniently 2019 is ten years from 2009 which they won the SB 31-17. They just beat us this year by the *same exact score* 31-17.  All our key players get hurt, and the SB is in Atlanta this year. Man, something stinks more than those streets in Nola and it smells like voodoo lmao 

7 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

They will win it all now that you posted this. Thanks a lot, now BAN THIS FOOL

Yea after our sb collapse when that one dude posted about us winning im pretty sure this board is cursed. Congrats OP you just sealed your banishment in February 

papachaz and DirtybyrdGA like this

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Yea after our sb collapse when that one dude posted about us winning im pretty sure this board is cursed. Congrats OP you just sealed your banishment in February 

Yeah I remember that thread. Said thread did not age well. When will these folks learn?! 

Just now, D.B.N. said:

And conveniently 2019 is ten years from 2009 which they won the SB 31-17. They just beat us this year by the *same exact score* 31-17.  All our key players get hurt, and the SB is in Atlanta this year. Man, something stinks more than those streets in Nola and it smells like voodoo lmao 

2018 is 9 years do the math LOL, and I'm talking about the actual season not the calendar year the postseason occurs. 

2009 + 9 = 2018 for the Saints (9+9=18). In the first year of Drew Brees and Sean Payton, they won the division in 2006 playing the AFC North and NFC East, and this year they play the AFC North and NFC East. They won the Super Bowl in 2009 playing the AFC East and NFC East. 

2008 + 8 = 2016 for us (8+8=16) although we were in the Super Bowl in 1998 too and we played the AFC West in 2008 and 2016. 

9 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I don't give a rip who wins the SB or where they win it. We aren't gonna be in it. I just want to win one, I don't care what town host it. Why is it so important just because we host it this year?! Alot of teams,not called the Saints, have won SBs in New Orleans. **** we may end up winning one there. Won't mean no more to me than anywhere else. Just want to win one. Don't be like the obsessed moronic Saints fans peeing their pants about getting to win one here. What does it matter. We will probably host a bunch of SBs here now and we probably won't win none of them. Just how it is.

You may not understand, and that’s cool.... but Believe me, a lot of us do care. There’s Genuine hate between us falcons-aints old timers, for them to win in our home would be our biggest nightmare. 

rounz, falconsd56, D.B.N. and 1 other like this

Just now, mqg96 said:

2018 is 9 years do the math LOL, and I'm talking about the actual season not the calendar year the postseason occurs. 

2009 + 9 = 2018 for the Saints (9+9=18). In the first year of Drew Brees and Sean Payton, they won the division in 2006 playing the AFC North and NFC East, and this year they play the AFC North and NFC East. They won the Super Bowl in 2009 playing the AFC East and NFC East. 

2008 + 8 = 2016 for us (8+8=16) although we were in the Super Bowl in 1998 too and we played the AFC West in 2008 and 2016. 

They’re technically playing in Feb 2019 though ;) from the 2009 season. JUST GO WITH IT lmao 

Just now, mqg96 said:

Blah blah blah Warriors blew 3-1. Never forget

:D

falconsd56 likes this

Gents- if we thought 28-3 was bad, man the Aints and StainFace hoisting their 2nd trophy in “our house” would really be a kick below the belt for sure! We would literally have nothing to say to them 

rounz likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Blah blah blah Warriors blew 3-1. Never forget

:D

Warriors won the championship in 1975. Broke their 40 year drought in 2015 when Steph Curry came out. After blowing 3-1 in 2016 and having 73 wins, they grabbed Kevin Durant and have been on the most dominant dynasty in NBA history since then. So that's not comparable to our failures at all. At least the Warriors have championships. People talk about the Seahawks messing up at the 1 yard line against the Patriots in the Super Bowl, but they still won the Super Bowl over the Broncos the year before. It's different when you haven't won anything like us. I pray that Atlanta United doesn't blow it against Portland.

There has NOT been a parade by a major sports team from the state of Georgia since 1995. I repeat, there has NOT been a parade by a major sports team with a huge fanbase from the state of Georgia since 1995! That is sad! 23 seasons WITHOUT a parade. South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, and Louisiana have all had more recent parades from major sports teams than us in the past 23 seasons. That's ridiculous!

Just now, mqg96 said:

Warriors won the championship in 1975. Broke their 40 year drought in 2015 when Steph Curry came out. After blowing 3-1 in 2016 and having 73 wins, they grabbed Kevin Durant and have been on the most dominant dynasty in NBA history since then. So that's not comparable to our failures at all. At least the Warriors have championships. People talk about the Seahawks messing up at the 1 yard line against the Patriots in the Super Bowl, but they still won the Super Bowl over the Broncos the year before. It's different when you haven't won anything like us. I pray that Atlanta United doesn't blow it against Portland.

There has NOT been a parade by a major sports team from the state of Georgia since 1995. I repeat, there has NOT been a parade by a major sports team with a huge fanbase from the state of Georgia since 1995! That is sad! 23 seasons WITHOUT a parade. South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, and Louisiana have all had more recent parades from major sports teams than us in the past 23 seasons. That's ridiculous!

I didn’t read all of this. I’ll just reply by saying you missed the emoji. It was a joke

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I didn’t read all of this. I’ll just reply by saying you missed the emoji. It was a joke

I can tell by how quickly you replied that. You need to read the 2nd paragraph tho, very important and means a lot to me and how this state has been suffering. 

Just now, mqg96 said:

I can tell by how quickly you replied that. You need to read the 2nd paragraph tho, very important and means a lot to me and how this state has been suffering. 

I glanced but I’ll be honest. I can’t get with it because there’s only one team in GA that I truly care about and want to win. I understand where you’re coming from though. I’ve just grown to accept fate when it comes to that one team and pray they get at least one title before I die. 

mqg96 likes this

Yeah not like the saints defense held zeke too 3.3 ypc , and 76 yards rushing. What did we do ??? Not like they held that team to 13 points, the same team that drove up and down the field on us ?? Man some of yall are goofy as h3ll. They have a great defense and one off day on offense doesnt change anything for me

D.B.N. likes this

12 minutes ago, caponine said:

Yeah not like the saints defense held zeke too 3.3 ypc , and 76 yards rushing. What did we do ??? Not like they held that team to 13 points, the same team that drove up and down the field on us ?? Man some of yall are goofy as h3ll. They have a great defense and one off day on offense doesnt change anything for me

Saints D has some pretty big holes in it that finally were exposed. 

falconsd56 likes this

We have an outside chance of fooling everyone. (Maybe?) We can finish this season winning.

AJC - If the Falcons can win the five remaining games to finish 9-7, chances are pretty good they’ll be right in the mix for one of the wild card spots because their competitors have stiff schedules remaining.

Current seventh seed Seahawks’ remaining slate: San Francisco, Minnesota, at San Francisco, Kansas City, Arizona.

Eighth seed Panthers: at Tampa Bay, at Cleveland, New Orleans, Atlanta, at New Orleans.

Ninth seed Eagles: Washington, at Dallas, at L.A. Rams, Houston and at Washington. 

10th seed Packers: Arizona, Atlanta, at Chicago, at N.Y. Jets, Detroit.

The Buccaneers and the Lions are also 4-7.

I'm not going to waste a moment of time worrying about the Saints. I actually expect the Saints to win it all this year, as I really don't see a team that is as good on both sides of the ball like they are. It is what it is. 

4 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

hey, I'm in the 'why wait' crowd....like the nike commercials used to say, "Just DO IT"  ;)

D.B.N. likes this