Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconsIn2012

Kareem Hunt = Ray Rice

255 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And if you did get shot your health care wouldn’t cost you anything and you could get high legally.

Meanwhile racism runs rampant down here

It’s so weird that MJ is legal. We have goody good middle class parents throwing weed brownie parties up here now it’s hilarious. 

Hunt will get another shot he’s 23 and people have short memories especially when it comes to winning. 

What Kareem did was wrong and stupid but comparing this to Ray Rice going full Tyson ? 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

I was raised differently I guess...I have a sister...and was raised by my grandmother and mother...I would never put my hands on a woman unless its life threatening...there is no excuse...it doesn't matter what she called him...it was wrong...If any man pushed my daughter down and kicked her....and with the rage in which he was acting....

I can guarantee he would not have been able to walk...

roguebeaver, ya_boi_j, Vandy and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I was raised differently I guess...I have a sister...and was raised by my grandmother and mother...I would never put my hands on a woman unless its life threatening...there is no excuse...it doesn't matter what she called him...it was wrong...If any man pushed my daughter down and kicked her....and with the rage in which he was acting....

Agreed, it’s what I was saying earlier. Folks weak attempts of trying to justify reasons when it’s okay to do so is not a good look. At all. 

RING OF HONOR and roguebeaver like this

2 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

I don't know if people are defending him or not, but(and I guess I'll join the band of defenders) what he did wasn't right all the same sitting here saying no man should ever put his hands on a woman that I call ******** on. The type of domestic violence you speaking about vs this video is world of difference. Obviously I can tell you take this extremely serious, and that is your right, but that stance of "no man should ever put his hands on a female no matter what" is considered bunk to me at this point. From stuff like the Bus Driver being hit by the woman etc. Seen countless examples now that things are different even most guys starting to understand this now.

Maybe I'm different disagree with me if you must, but K. Hunt what he did wasn't the best decision he should have handled that better, but women aren't no angels that's some **** that needs to go all the way the **** away.

Hunt should have “handled it better”? 

LOL man, you are way off base on this. Doesn’t matter how the woman acted or provoked, the bigger issue is how we as men should conduct ourselves in given situations. And how we shouldn’t get ourselves in those situations in the first place. 

This bus driver thingy you keep pointing to is a one in a thousand circumstance. Has absolutely nothing at all to do with Hunt’s situation/actions. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

11 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

You were raised properly.  These other jokers are honestly making me ashamed of being a Falcons fan

RING OF HONOR and Vandy like this

13 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Not that I am justifying it.

But if your daughter was getting in the face of someone and pushing them whilst racially abusing them, how would you react if when she subsequently gets pushed away?

4 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

But if your daughter was getting in the face of someone and pushing them whilst racially abusing them, how would you react if when she subsequently gets pushed away?

So you are saying he should be ok with a professional athlete punting his subdued daughter.  

You are kinda justifying it.  And she was kicked out for refusing to **** a member of Hunt’s pose 

roguebeaver and Vandy like this

3 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Im not getting pulled into a debate about this...I said what I meant and meant what I said...I dont hit women....and if someone hits a woman in my family...he obviously doesn't know me....and if he doesn't know me....he will soon

18 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Hunt will get another shot he’s 23 and people have short memories especially when it comes to winning. 

What Kareem did was wrong and stupid but comparing this to Ray Rice going full Tyson ? 

I think he gets another shot as well. I feel it’s disingenuous for anyone to compare the levels of violence between his incident and Rice’s. They are vastly different. I also think it’s irresponsible for the title to use the world “brutalized” in its title as well as the captions they used. It’s sensationalism and it’s used to get views, but I that’s a different conversation. Hunt did a dumb thing and I feel he should be punished.  

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Im not getting pulled into a debate about this...I said what I meant and meant what I said...I dont hit women....and if someone hits a woman in my family...he obviously doesn't know me....and if he doesn't know me....he will soon

Old codger rules. 

Younger codgers too like  @ya_boi_j + @Falconsin2012

We Outchea..

10 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Boss

Vandy likes this

18 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

So you are saying he should be ok with a professional athlete punting his subdued daughter.  

You are kinda justifying it.  And she was kicked out for refusing to **** a member of Hunt’s pose 

Saying that he “punted” her is inaccurate. The kick had no force behind it. He still shouldn’t have done it, it’s still bad optics and unnecessary.

Based on the body cam footage of her statement she never mentioned her being thrown out for that reason. I’m not dismissing it, it could very well be the case. 

What I think happened is that his boys went out and picked up drunk girls from the bar expecting to get laid. Brought them back to the room where Hunt was (and I think his girlfriend (not confirmed). They were kicked out for whatever reason (no sex or underage drinking) and things escalated from there. 

Based on the circumstances of the encounter Hunt shouldn’t have let it escalate that to the extent that he did. It was pi$$ poor judgment on his part and he’ll ultimately pay the biggest price. 

That being said, on a separate topic altogether there are ”buttons” every person has. And when those are pushed the individual typically flys off the handle. I understand that being called the n-word is a button for many black people, this is a common button that a majority of black people share and understandably so. I understand that the likelihood of something bad happening increases exponentially if I push a button. And if you knowingly push a button you run the risk of bad things happening. This doesn’t excuse Hunt or his actions but it’s something to think about.

Kareem Hunt deserves to suffer the consequences of his poor behavior.

He made very poor choices for himself & it has cost him.  Unfortunately his poor choices will also have a detrimental affect on his team mates, coaches & team owners.  

I hope he will become a better person moving forward. 

There are no excuses for his bad behavior & nothing justifies those poor choices. He put himself in that situation & is 100% responsible for his own actions.

Everything else is just secondary,  peripheral chatter.

11 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

God, you're stupid. 

I never said what he did was OK. I just thought it'd be way worse, considering the video was titled "Kareem Hunt Brutalizes Woman".

Also, funny you mention things being "OK" in a certain country. Yours is going down the tubes, while the worst thing I have to deal with is the Prime Minister changing the national anthem to something more gender neutral. I can deal with that... at least I don't have to worry about being shot to death.

Greatest country in world, you dolt! When is the last time ur sorry country did ANYTHING that bettered the world?! Wow, you are pathetic, pretending to be a citizen of this country, wanting to be, and interjecting yourself in the Great USA, American way!

Dream on dreamer! 

Skate away in good health!

Props to the Chiefs. I know it had to be tough for them to do,  especially considering the trajectory of their team,  but they proved to be class acts with their handling of the situation. 

19 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Greatest country in world, you dolt! When is the last time ur sorry country did ANYTHING that bettered the world?! Wow, you are pathetic, pretending to be a citizen of this country, wanting to be, and interjecting yourself in the Great USA, American way!

Dream on dreamer! 

Skate away in good health!

Lmfao. 

Did I mention self-awareness in my last post?

You can’t just exclaim something and make it true. I can’t just be like “I’m the greatest love-maker in the world!” and, poof, I’m Johnny Sins. 

Chiefs are going to regret this. Suspend him for the rest of the year and let people forget. The Pats or Cowboys will pick this guy up and that'll be that.

Big Ben raped someone. Stallworth killed a guy driving drunk and is now preaching social justice on twitter. Vick ran a dog ring.

All worse than what Hunt did and they all had people forget of their past. 

8 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Lmfao. 

Did I mention self-awareness in my last post?

Hey bud...was born in St Catherines, Ontario.  Moved to Marietta, Ga at 13.  You won’t win this debate.  Canada is a wonderful country.  So many great things in Canada.  But the United Stated is also a wonderful place to experience life.  Like every country, there are improvements to be made.  The fundamentalists/radicals on the left and right give the majority who live in the middle a bad reputation.  

But pulling  our ***** out to say what country is better is an exercise in futility.  Growing up in Canada I know you got a good education.  You know this.

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

While I appreciate the emotion surrounding this discussion, you guys gotta have to stop attacking each other. It just isn’t necessary to argue your position.

Good use of your authority, bud.  It was time to step in.

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Hey bud...was born in St Catherines, Ontario.  Moved to Marietta, Ga at 13.  You won’t win this debate.  Canada is a wonderful country.  So many great things in Canada.  But the United Stated is also a wonderful place to experience like.  Like every country, there are improvements to be made.  The fundamentalists/radicals on the left and right give the majority who live in the middle a bad reputation.  

But pulling  our ***** out to say what country is better is an exercise in futility.  Growing up in Canada I know you got a good education.  You know this.

I suggest you dig a little further back and have a look at what started the ‘country’ debate. You’ll notice I am debating one of said radicals. I also don’t think Canada is the greatest country in the world, hence the self-awareness piece.