Falconsin2012

Kareem Hunt = Ray Rice

255 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

Lot of black eyes for everyone.  Hunt should not have gone out there and owns this.  That young lady obviously was escalating as well.  NFL had to know all this so they once again find themselves mansplaining inaction for another beaten woman.  Oddly enough I think the only folks who got it right are the police.  When you have a bunch of folks brawling and strangers in a misunderstanding, I think you separate, restore order, get the stories and write the report, no need haul people off unless there are serious injuries or a clear aggressor or ongoing threat.

The hotel told the NFL investigators that they could only turn the footage over to law enforcement so this was most likely their first time seeing the video. The police couldn’t press charges because they couldn’t determine who was telling the truth. Hunt and his party said he never touched her and that she got violent after being asked to leave while screaming out slurs. No sound in the video but clearly Hunts party lied.   

Had the police got this video, Hunt and the woman are in trouble and at minimum locked up that same night. 

isproab, Vandy and KCFalcon22 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s funny to keep saying this is no big deal because they were drunk. Smfh. If you guys truly feel that way then honestly **** each and every single one of you that do. I grew up in a household with drunken violence that was inflicted onto my mother from my father so this is a big ****in deal and something that shouldn’t be accepted or tolerated. I don’t care what the situation is, no man should ever put his hands on a female in a violent manner. So **** each and every single person in this thread who thinks it’s not a big deal and **** the racist as well. And no I don’t give a **** if I get banned. You “men” ****in disgust me. Makes no ******* sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s funny to keep saying this is no big deal because they were drunk. Smfh. If you guys truly feel that way then honestly **** each and every single one of you that do. I grew up in a household with drunken violence that was inflicted onto my mother from my father so this is a big ****in deal and something that shouldn’t be accepted or tolerated. I don’t care what the situation is, no man should ever put his hands on a female in a violent manner. So **** each and every single person in this thread who thinks it’s not a big deal and **** the racist as well. And no I don’t give a **** if I get banned. You “men” ****in disgust me. Makes no ******* sense. 

I don't know if people are defending him or not, but(and I guess I'll join the band of defenders) what he did wasn't right all the same sitting here saying no man should ever put his hands on a woman that I call ******** on. The type of domestic violence you speaking about vs this video is world of difference. Obviously I can tell you take this extremely serious, and that is your right, but that stance of "no man should ever put his hands on a female no matter what" is considered bunk to me at this point. From stuff like the Bus Driver being hit by the woman etc. Seen countless examples now that things are different even most guys starting to understand this now.

 

Maybe I'm different disagree with me if you must, but K. Hunt what he did wasn't the best decision he should have handled that better, but women aren't no angels that's some **** that needs to go all the way the **** away.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all agree that he shouldn't have done it, or should have handled it better. However, I'm not going to tell anyone how to act when racial slurs are being thrown at them, I can understand how easily someone could get emotional and make poor decisions, throw in any alcohol or drugs and it's likely not the smartest outcome. On top of the fact that Ray Rice was much worse in comparison, and the headlines of saying he brutalized her are completely over the top. 

At the end of the day I think the kid will get signed by someone, he doesn't deserve to have his career taken away from him. By the time summer rolls around no one will care about this and will be on to whatever the next big thing in the news is with how short the attention span of the general public has been as of late. Let's not forget that turd Ben is still in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living here in KC you should hear some of the ppls thoughts on this situation.  One person wrote that it was due to salary cap reasons so they had to do something (saying they can’t pay Hill, Ford, Kelce, and others.  It’s really divided on if they think he is wrong or not, but the truth is he lied to them when talking about what happened (he lied about the details).

Edited by KCFalcon22
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Compared to Ray Rice, Joe Mixon, T Hill, this is nothing.  Yeah he kicked her and that was bad but it wasn't full force or close to it.  That kick was nothing compared to what these other guys did.  T Hill beat up a preggo lady and her fetus,yet he is killing the league. 

Honest question here.  If his “friends” were not there to restrain him, how much more damage would he have done?  If this was in an empty elevator, It would have been bad....just a hypothetical.  Not facts, I know.

I’m seeing far too many people say Hunt shouldn’t have done it, but, but, but....leave the but out.  He shouldn’t have done it.  Period.

Kind of disappointing actually.

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Honest question here?  If his “friends” were not there to restrain him, how much more damage would he have done?  If this was in an empty elevator, It would have been bad....just a hypothetical.  Not facts, I know.

I’m seeing far too many people say Hunt shouldn’t have done it, but....

Agreed his friends and ppl in that hallway saved his butt.  

Falconsin2012 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

I don't know if people are defending him or not, but(and I guess I'll join the band of defenders) what he did wasn't right all the same sitting here saying no man should ever put his hands on a woman that I call ******** on. The type of domestic violence you speaking about vs this video is world of difference. Obviously I can tell you take this extremely serious, and that is your right, but that stance of "no man should ever put his hands on a female no matter what" is considered bunk to me at this point. From stuff like the Bus Driver being hit by the woman etc. Seen countless examples now that things are different even most guys starting to understand this now.

 

Maybe I'm different disagree with me if you must, but K. Hunt what he did wasn't the best decision he should have handled that better, but women aren't no angels that's some **** that needs to go all the way the **** away.

 

I agree. I believe that when the stance of “no man should ever put his hands on a woman, no matter the circumstance.” Is presented then there are never any nuanced/specific situations (For instance Evie Amati who attacked a man at 7-11 with an axe). This also leaves the man in the wrong 100% of the time in the event that he has to put his hands on a woman. 

Personally I think that you shouldn’t inflict violence on anyone regardless of gender, but that’s just me. But there are circumstances when ya warranted. I really think the title of the video is very misleading and the captions going around paint a worse picture that what actually went down. He still should have never touched her, it was really dumb on his part and he’ll pay the price. I doubt he’ll be banned for life but I think he’s done next season. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon
IA Falcon07 and Zone#7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

I don't know if people are defending him or not, but(and I guess I'll join the band of defenders) what he did wasn't right all the same sitting here saying no man should ever put his hands on a woman that I call ******** on. The type of domestic violence you speaking about vs this video is world of difference. Obviously I can tell you take this extremely serious, and that is your right, but that stance of "no man should ever put his hands on a female no matter what" is considered bunk to me at this point. From stuff like the Bus Driver being hit by the woman etc. Seen countless examples now that things are different even most guys starting to understand this now.

 

Maybe I'm different disagree with me if you must, but K. Hunt what he did wasn't the best decision he should have handled that better, but women aren't no angels that's some **** that needs to go all the way the **** away.

 

5 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

 

I agree. I believe that when the stance of “no man should ever put his hands on a woman, no matter the circumstance.” Is presented then there are never any nuanced/specific situations (For instance Evie Amati who attacked a man at 7-11 with an axe). This also leaves the man in the wrong 100% of the time in the event that he has to put his hands on a woman. 

Personally I think that you shouldn’t inflict violence on anyone regardless of gender, but that’s just me. I really think the title of the video is very misleading and the captions going around paint a worse picture that what actually went down. He still should have never touched her, it was really dumb on his part and he’ll pay the price. I doubt he’ll be banned for life but I think he’s done next season. 

99.999% of the time, No man should ever put his hands on a woman. Period. Hunt’s situation is obviously not one of the .001% exceptions.

Edited by Vandy
isproab, 1989Fan and Falconsin2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

 

No man should ever put his hands on a woman. Period. 

Sorry but if ANYONE is going to attack me with a deadly weapon. I’m putting my hands on them. Period. 

cnst likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

 

99.999% of the time, No man should ever put his hands on a woman. Period. Hunt’s situation is obviously not one of the .001% exceptions.

A proper edit...

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

See my edit.

I did. Like I said. Situations should be handled on a case by case basis. A blanketed rule is blind of circumstance and I’m just not down with that. Not to mention there are nuances to cases of violence. 

When I taught BJJ we ran through scenarios with the kids that if someone attacks you, your primary goal is to get away safe. And given the circumstance we give set escalation/situation levels to take it to.

In a one on one encounter (ie school fight) if someone attacks you and you can’t get away, your “restrain and detain”. So we taught them a rudimentary blocking technique to knee tap takedown to knee in belly position/mount then wait until a teacher got there. We taught that just because you have the power to hurt someone, doesn’t give you the right. And it’s your responsibility to control yourself. We taught that it’s not ok to intensify if the situation did not dictate it. That should be the situation for every attack, regardless of gender.

Hunt was definitely not in the right given the circumstance. He was in no real threat of danger or being hurt. The situation was under control. He could have called the front desk to get security, etc. There were plenty of options that would have de-escalated the situation other than going out there and confronting the woman. It’s never a good look for a professional athlete to lay hands on anyone, let alone a drunk woman. 

Zone#7, Vandy and Falconsin2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

This video is about to make me piss some people off. I don't agree with a man putting his hands on a woman, but I can clearly see what this is turning into. She's acting like she's terrified to the police, when she did not attempt to run. Now she's playing that innocent role, and pretending not to know his name. He's about to be profiled.

not pissed, I understand

Faithful Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I did. Like I said. Situations should be handled on a case by case basis. A blanketed rule is blind of circumstance and I’m just not down with that. Not to mention there are nuances to cases of violence. 

When I taught BJJ we ran through scenarios with the kids that if someone attacks you, your primary goal is to get away safe. And given the circumstance we give set escalation/situation levels to take it to.

In a one on one encounter (ie school fight) if someone attacks you and you can’t get away, your “restrain and detain”. So we taught them a rudimentary blocking technique to knee tap takedown to knee in belly position/mount then wait until a teacher got there. We taught that just because you have the power to hurt someone, doesn’t give you the right. And it’s your responsibility to control yourself. We taught that it’s not ok to intensify if the situation did not dictate it. That should be the situation for every attack, regardless of gender.

Hunt was definitely not in the right given the circumstance. He was in no real threat of danger or being hurt. The situation was under control. He could have called the front desk to get security, etc. There were plenty of options that would have de-escalated the situation other than going out there and confronting the woman. It’s never a good look for a professional athlete to lay hands on anyone, let alone a drunk woman. 

Great post, sidecar. It’s awesome you helped teach kids how to act in those situations. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vandy said:

Great post, sidecar. It’s awesome you helped teach kids how to act in those situations. 

Thank you. I really enjoyed doing it and plan on getting back into it one day.

I think majority of people feel this way (or at least I hope so) in terms of defending themselves. The situation is unfortunate because it involves two young people (at least to me) 23 & 19. Both were drunk (I believe) and let their emotions take over. Both escalated the situation and both should be punished. I think everyone can agree with that. 

 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His career is not over and we gotta stop counting this guys out. If Big Ben can rape and still play with no suspension if feel the same can be had for Mr. Hunt. All these woman weren't raised right and thats part of the problem. Newflash ladies NFL players don't invite you into a room to watch film sweetheart, use better decision making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lju713 said:

His career is not over and we gotta stop counting this guys out. If Big Ben can rape and still play with no suspension if feel the same can be had for Mr. Hunt. All these woman weren't raised right and thats part of the problem. Newflash ladies NFL players don't invite you into a room to watch film sweetheart, use better decision making.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25420168/kareem-hunt-kansas-city-chiefs-placed-commissioner-exempt-list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lju713 said:

His career is not over and we gotta stop counting this guys out. If Big Ben can rape and still play with no suspension if feel the same can be had for Mr. Hunt. All these woman weren't raised right and thats part of the problem. Newflash ladies NFL players don't invite you into a room to watch film sweetheart, use better decision making.

+1 good post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lju713 said:

His career is not over and we gotta stop counting this guys out. If Big Ben can rape and still play with no suspension if feel the same can be had for Mr. Hunt. All these woman weren't raised right and thats part of the problem. Newflash ladies NFL players don't invite you into a room to watch film sweetheart, use better decision making.

Too Ignorant, Didn’t Read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, shc said:

Pretty sure you didn't say anything factual, just opinion. Saying America is going down the tubes isn't backed up by our crime statistics. The fact that Americans arm themselves has more to do with us not relying on gov't to take care of us. 

A little self-awareness would do the states a great deal of good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now