Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconsIn2012

Kareem Hunt = Ray Rice

255 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Not sure if his career is over, but it wouldn't shock me. I'd say he's done at least through next year, and even then it would take a lot of rehabilitating his image, doing outreach for domestic violence awareness groups, etc. And let's not forget he had another incident where he punched a man. 

No clue how some in this thread really thought nothing would happen. What world/year are you living in?

The move the Chiefs should have made was suspend him the rest of the year and let the NFL suspend him another year.

Vick did worse and would have stayed if he didn't lie to Blank's face.He went on to revitalize his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

It seems as though he is being released moreso for lying to the Chiefs about what happened.

The footage really isn't that bad.

It's not on the same level as the Ray Rice footage, but I think you'll find a lot of people in the public who disagree that this isn't that bad. There's no way the Chiefs could have weathered the public outcry and retained him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

It seems as though he is being releas lying to the Chiefs about what happened.

The footage really isn't that bad.

You're right, their owner just confirmed that in a statement. Jalen Collins with Dimitroff, Vick with Blank, Hunt with the Chiefs etc...these teams do not like being lied to..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Let me start off by saying that the entire situation is dumb as he!l. Despite what was said to whom Kareem needs to be smarter than this. When you’re famous, and have money, people will intentionally try to push your buttons to get a pay day. I don’t agree that he should have acted in that manner but people react differently based on the circumstances. 

That being said, based on what I saw of the video and the subsequent body cam footage, I don’t buy the woman’s story. From what I gather I think that they picked these drunk girls up from somewhere, probably in hopes to get some action. Hunt found out they were underage drinking and kicked them out. They created a ruckus when they left and things escalated afterwards. 

Not defending either side just basing my opinion on the evidence presented so far. Regardless it was an extremely dumb thing for Kareem to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

It's not on the same level as the Ray Rice footage, but I think you'll find a lot of people in the public who disagree that this isn't that bad. There's no way the Chiefs could have weathered the public outcry and retained him. 

No where near the same level, but it doesn't help when all the articles and video titles call it a "brutal attack" or whatever.

Most people won't even watch it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, quotemokc said:

No where near the same level, but it doesn't help when all the articles and video titles call it a "brutal attack" or whatever.

Most people won't even watch it.

In 2018, you can't be caught on video pushing and kicking a woman. This should be a no-brainer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shc said:

Question for everyone treating him like a pariah. Does your opinion change if that was a dude?

Excellent question. I was talking about this very scenario with one of my friends earlier. If the woman in this situation were a man, it wouldn’t be an issue. I think the overarching issue should be violence in general rather than violence against a specific gender, but that’s a different topic altogether.

I fully understand why the NFL’s stance on violence against women is highly important. In the past players got away with a lot and nothing was done. I definitely think that violence should be subject to a hefty fine and extended suspension. 

To answer your question it wouldn’t be nearly as serious if he attacked another man, although it should be. 

shc likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Excellent question. I was talking about this very scenario with one of my friends earlier. If the woman in this situationwere a man, it wouldn’t be an issue. I think the overarching issue should be violence in general rather than violence against a specific gender, but that’s a different topic altogether.

I fully understand why the NFL’s stance on violence against women is highly important. In the past players got away with a lot and nothing was done. I definitely think that violence should be subject to a hefty fine and extended suspension. 

To answer your question it wouldn’t be nearly as serious if he attacked another man, although it should be. 

He still got away with it. You or I would be in jail. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He still got away with it. You or I would be in jail. 

I agree. Unfortunately nowadays people with a lot of money can usually avoid punishment the average person can’t. But that’s a separate issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Except there is a major physical difference between a man and a woman....especially a professional athlete.

i never understood the people who try to say it’s even remotely similar. Sounds like something that someone who would hit a woman would say.

not pointing a finger at you, speaking in general terms.

I understand what you’re saying and I agree. However there as so many mitigating factors when you speak in terms of “physical difference”. 

For instance would the situation be different if the woman was 6 feet tall and 230 pounds? Would the situation be different if it were a 5’8” 130lbs man? I’ve met several women that would literally kick the $hit out of majority of guys (myself included). 

My point is that It would be much effective for the NFL to punish all violence. Especially if their goal is to have their image be a “clean” one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Not that bad. Probs deserves a 1 game suspension for being an idiot, but truly not that bad.

Yep in Canada it okay to hit and kick a female. Glad We see things differently in the States, where laws matter. 

Freaking oh Canada! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yo_Lover said:

No it's not.

Thanks for your reply! You really believe I think it’s okay in Canada for this to happen! Or, do you think I was responding specifically to falconut, about his comment? ...just curious about your reply, that’s all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Not defending Hunt here, but that video is nowhere near as brutal as the Ray Rice video. I doubt anything will come of this, simply because it does not appear that anyone was truly hurt. However, you should never hit or kick a woman. If anything, Hunt should have called security to get the woman out of there. Looks like drunk shennanigans to me.

Agreed. He's getting whacked because 1) he lied and 2) he did this post Ray Rice and teams (and the NFL) are being cautious overall. Career definitely not over as one of the reclamation project type teams (Bengals, Skins, etc.) will snap him up next summer. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roguebeaver said:

Thanks for your reply! You really believe I think it’s okay in Canada for this to happen! Or, do you think I was responding specifically to falconut, about his comment? ...just curious about your reply, that’s all! 

I think you're being an *** and trying to start something with @Falcanuck by coming at his country for whatever reason. Just because he doesn't think this incident is that bad doesn't mean you can **** on Canada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

 

Let me start off by saying that the entire situation is dumb as he!l. Despite what was said to whom Kareem needs to be smarter than this. When you’re famous, and have money, people will intentionally try to push your buttons to get a pay day. I don’t agree that he should have acted in that manner but people react differently based on the circumstances. 

That being said, based on what I saw of the video and the subsequent body cam footage, I don’t buy the woman’s story. From what I gather I think that they picked these drunk girls up from somewhere, probably in hopes to get some action. Hunt found out they were underage drinking and kicked them out. They created a ruckus when they left and things escalated afterwards. 

Not defending either side just basing my opinion on the evidence presented so far. Regardless it was an extremely dumb thing for Kareem to do. 

This video is about to make me piss some people off. I don't agree with a man putting his hands on a woman, but I can clearly see what this is turning into. She's acting like she's terrified to the police, when she did not attempt to run. Now she's playing that innocent role, and pretending not to know his name. He's about to be profiled.

FalconinPA and Sidecar Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I think you're being an *** and trying to start something with @Falcanuck by coming at his country for whatever reason. Just because he doesn't think this incident is that bad doesn't mean you can **** on Canada. 

Sure I can! Who says I can’t and have it mean anything ace?! Certainly not you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

This video is about to make me piss some people off. I don't agree with a man putting his hands on a woman, but I can clearly see what this is turning into. She's acting like she's terrified to the police, when she did not attempt to run. Now she's playing that innocent role, and pretending not to know his name. He's about to be profiled.

I can see where you’re coming from. I agree he shouldn’t have gotten physical with her. I see what you’re saying about her. Her response to the cops ranged from hysterical, to dramatic, to clear and concise then back to dramatic. Now this can be a product of the mitigating circumstances of everything that went on that night, but it definitely is suspect. Kareem should have walked away and not laid his hands on anyone. It was a dumb move on his part. He has way more to lose. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

I can see where you’re coming from. I agree he shouldn’t have gotten physical with her. I see what you’re saying about her. Her response to the cops ranged from hysterical, to dramatic, to clear and concise then back to dramatic. Now this can be a product of the mitigating circumstances of everything that went on that night, but it definitely is suspect. Kareem should have walked away and not laid his hands on anyone. It was a dumb move on his part. He has way more to lose. 

True. I think the cops figured that she was lying from the rip though. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Borat said:

Agreed. He's getting whacked because 1) he lied and 2) he did this post Ray Rice and teams (and the NFL) are being cautious overall. Career definitely not over as one of the reclamation project type teams (Bengals, Skins, etc.) will snap him up next summer. 

I agree that it wasn’t as bad as the video title made it out to be. Comparatively speaking, it was less violent than the Rice altercation. I don’t believe his career is over but I do think he’ll be suspended for an entire year. 

Borat likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

True. I think the cops figured that she was lying from the rip though. 

It’s unfortunate to see events like this transpire. Especially when it was avoidable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Excellent question. I was talking about this very scenario with one of my friends earlier. If the woman in this situation were a man, it wouldn’t be an issue. I think the overarching issue should be violence in general rather than violence against a specific gender, but that’s a different topic altogether.

I fully understand why the NFL’s stance on violence against women is highly important. In the past players got away with a lot and nothing was done. I definitely think that violence should be subject to a hefty fine and extended suspension. 

To answer your question it wouldn’t be nearly as serious if he attacked another man, although it should be. 

Agreed. The irony here is treating it differently than if it was a dude makes it sexist. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites