Falconsin2012

Kareem Hunt = Ray Rice

255 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I don't know Vandy,  I think we need to be sending the right message to both men and women.  Bad behavior is genderless and we are not going to get better outcomes if we don't have higher standards for both men and women. 

That being said I 100% agree with you that the time to be reasonable is before you make the choices that lead you into stressful shouting matches that can easily turn into far more.  Biologically speaking all of us are subject to the amygdala hijack and will find it difficult to reason, access our morals and at some point we do not see gender, social relationships or much of anything else in that state.

Oh for sure, the lady was an idiot too. But Hunt was the bigger one with the most to lose. And then made it 100X worse. 

I feel this is pertinent to the conversation. There were a lot of apologists for Greg Hardy who did a considerable amount worse than Hunt did. Don't want either on this team but I have seen the comparisons made between the two.

Edited by Sidecar Falcon
Vandy likes this

9 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I feel this is pertinent to the conversation. There were a lot of apologists for Greg Hardy who did a considerable amount worse than Hunt did. Don't want either on this team but I have seen the comparisons made between the two.

Agree, Hardy was Much worse. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You guys keep supporting males who feel the need to be the aggressor when it comes to females. 

That's the rub people are having with you in this argument. That you are making the leap that people saying it wasn't brutalizing a woman is someone saying the behavior is ok. 

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agree, Hardy was Much worse. 

I’m struggling as to what was different about Hardy? Why were so many posters onboard with us signing him? Especially given the things he got charged with. People label Mixon and Rice as “wife beaters” but even as egregious as their incidents were it doesn’t hold a candle to him.

Edited by Sidecar Falcon
Vandy likes this

10 minutes ago, shc said:

That's the rub people are having with you in this argument. That you are making the leap that people saying it wasn't brutalizing a woman is someone saying the behavior is ok. 

Check out the Greg Hardy posts I supplied. There seems to be a huge pass given to him by members on this board as opposed to Hunt. I’m still struggling to see why. Especially given the mitigating circumstances 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

26 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I have no issue answering this question. Anyone who knows me knows I was struggling with my own demons years ago, including those times. Had no care in the world about nothing and almost lost my wife because of my actions. Heck the super bowl year I even left this message board for a very long time because I had to get my life together. I won’t throw too much of my business out but I was a horrible person, especially to people I loved from around 2012 til August of 2017. Long time huh.

This is just a reminder of the complete moron and *** hole I used to be. I’m much older and more knowledgeable at this age and I think back to how my dad used to do my mom and things like this leave a scar on my heart now a days. **** I have 2 daughters to go along with it. I’ve learned a lot about myself and corrected myself and still have a very very long ways to go

12 minutes ago, shc said:

I don’t know if words can explain why this bothers me so much. I can’t apologize for anything I’ve said in this thread though. A real anger just came over me

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I have no issue answering this question. Anyone who knows me knows I was struggling with my own demons years ago, including those times. Had no care in the world about nothing and almost lost my wife because of my actions. Heck the super bowl year I even left this message board for a very long time because I had to get my life together. I won’t throw too much of my business out but I was a horrible person, especially to people I loved from around 2012 til August of 2017. Long time huh.

This is just a reminder of the complete moron and *** hole I used to be. I’m much older and more knowledgeable at this age and I think back to how my dad used to do my mom and things like this leave a scar on my heart now a days. **** I have 2 daughters to go along with it. I’ve learned a lot about myself and corrected myself and still have a very very long ways to go

I appreciate your candid and honest response. I’m truly sorry that you had to go through things like that. Demons have a way of getting to even the best of us at times. I think that’s one of the reasons why I empathize with certain people that make terrible mistakes. I think we all wish we could take back dumb/bad things we have done in our lives. I think we all wished for forgiveness during those times as well. 

ya_boi_j likes this

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don’t know if words can explain why this bothers me so much. I can’t apologize for anything I’ve said in this thread though. A real anger just came over me

There’s an old saying that some people can’t see the forest through the trees. Some people are hit a lot harder with news like this given their own personal history. I honestly don’t think anyone was condoning Hunt’s actions (or at least I hope they weren’t). Given your history I can understand why you reacted the way you did. 

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I appreciate your candid and honest response. I’m truly sorry that you had to go through things like that. Demons have a way of getting to even the best of us at times. I think that’s one of the reasons why I empathize with certain people that make terrible mistakes. I think we all wish we could take back dumb/bad things we have done in our lives. I think we all wished for forgiveness during those times as well. 

I found out the hard way that forgiveness is something that’s earned like respect and takes a very long time for people to fully trust you again. If I could rewind to that time I can assure you I would have never encountered those issues knowing what I know now and I would hope that goes for anyone. Some things I look over but things like putting hands on females I can’t overlook anymore. Like I said my dad used to abuse the **** out of my mom when I was a child when he was drunk. 

For a long time I didn’t care what happened to who. Not even my wife. And I’m not talking about just violence. Just anything that would harm a person including feelings or what another person was struggling with. That is why I stay away from topics I know will turn bad now. I’ll get emotional about certain things, as you witnessed in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

There’s an old saying that some people can’t see the forest through the trees. Some people are hit a lot harder with news like this given their own personal history. I honestly don’t think anyone was condoning Hunt’s actions (or at least I hope they weren’t). Given your history I can understand why you reacted the way you did. 

I can’t even lie, my eyes watered reading this. If you only knew man

29 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I’m struggling as to what was different about Hardy? Why were so many posters onboard with us signing him? Especially given the things he got charged with. People label Mixon and Rice as “wife beaters” but even as egregious as their incidents were it doesn’t hold a candle to him.

Believe me, I know. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I found out the hard way that forgiveness is something that’s earned like respect and takes a very long time for people to fully trust you again. If I could rewind to that time I can assure you I would have never encountered those issues knowing what I know now and I would hope that goes for anyone. Some things I look over but things like putting hands on females I can’t overlook anymore. Like I said my dad used to abuse the **** out of my mom when I was a child when he was drunk. 

For a long time I didn’t care what happened to who. Not even my wife. And I’m not talking about just violence. Just anything that would harm a person including feelings or what another person was struggling with. That is why I stay away from topics I know will turn bad now. I’ll get emotional about certain things, as you witnessed in this thread. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I can’t even lie, my eyes watered reading this. If you only knew man

I agree. I think that forgiveness is something that should be earned back. In cases like yours where domestic violence was part of your upbringing, you have a very different, and much more intimate view on the subject. Even the best of us fall, struggle, and fall down sometimes. Tough times don’t last but tough people do. I respect that you were able to overcome your demons and become a better man/father/husband to your family. 

ya_boi_j likes this

8 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I agree. I think that forgiveness is something that should be earned back. In cases like yours where domestic violence was part of your upbringing, you have a very different, and much more intimate view on the subject. Even the best of us fall, struggle, and fall down sometimes. Tough times don’t last but tough people do. I respect that you were able to overcome your demons and become a better man/father/husband to your family. 

***** a struggle. But you live and ya learn. It’s up to the individual how they make their second chances work out. 

46 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I get it. Everyone is, or at least should be, allowed personal growth. And your actions in the past should not forever define who you are. But part of that personal growth means acknowledging other people might not be as far along on their journey. And how we treat them can either help or hurt their journey. Personally, a few years ago, I probably would have responded similarly due to thinking women needed men to care for and protect them. Not realizing that doesn't help their situation either.  

Edited by shc
ya_boi_j and Sidecar Falcon like this

3 minutes ago, shc said:

I get it. Everyone is, or at least should be, allowed personal growth. And your actions in the past should forever define who you are. But part of that personal growth means acknowledging other people might not be as far along on their journey. And how we treat them can either help or hurt their journey. Personally, a few years ago, I probably would have responded similarly due to thinking women needed men to care for and protect them. Not realizing that doesn't help their situation either.  

Perhaps I jumped the gun in judging the situation. He’s young and most likely he’s gonna learn from it unless it’s simply in him. As far as I know this is the first time he’s been involved in anything like this. 

shc and Sidecar Falcon like this

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Simple back then it was still fresh I forgot when the Ray Rice thing happen(2014?), but now with all the #MeToo and just in general all these accusations of anything related to DV, SA, or Rape everyone loses their minds because propaganda has told us this is how it needs to be.

Also to note GH was defensive player, and at that time we definitely needed it. Kind of like right now all these players getting let go we'll take anyone when we were 1-4, but at 8-0 you won't hear anything. Heck even as we speak I'm willing to bet someone will make a thread about getting Kareem Hunt and letting Colemen walk.

10 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Simple back then it was still fresh I forgot when the Ray Rice thing happen(2014?), but now with all the #MeToo and just in general all these accusations of anything related to DV, SA, or Rape everyone loses their minds because propaganda has told us this is how it needs to be.

Also to note GH was defensive player, and at that time we definitely needed it. Kind of like right now all these players getting let go we'll take anyone when we were 1-4, but at 8-0 you won't hear anything. Heck even as we speak I'm willing to bet someone will make a thread about getting Kareem Hunt and letting Colemen walk.

Excellent analysis. I agree. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Excellent analysis. I agree. 

Propaganda is a helluva drug man there are even books about how pervasive it really is. I'll stop short of saying this, but there was a book out there about how to get people to accept LGBT, and it was made back in the 80's or 90's, but let's just say it worked.

I'll stop right there with the tin foil hat stuff lol.

23 hours ago, stizz said:

BINGO. I'm glad the MeToo mess has blown over. Athletes and celebs were the only targets. Randy at Home Depot is not getting MeToo'd because there's no story in that.

This whole movement should have started after Brock Turner got 3 months instead of being thrown under the jail.

If you have any type of assets, watch yourself.

U know **** is getting messed up when staying broke is a defense mechanism. Hashtag that, Twitter :lol:

46 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

Propaganda is a helluva drug man there are even books about how pervasive it really is. I'll stop short of saying this, but there was a book out there about how to get people to accept LGBT, and it was made back in the 80's or 90's, but let's just say it worked.

I'll stop right there with the tin foil hat stuff lol.

People are too lazy to think for themselves. When you blend an element of that AND social acceptance, well, good luck standing up to the tidal wave of nonsense.

Zone#7 likes this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

***** a struggle. But you live and ya learn. It’s up to the individual how they make their second chances work out. 

If they get one. Some lessons pack a finality you can't sidestep.

19 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

U know **** is getting messed up when staying broke is a defense mechanism. Hashtag that, Twitter :lol:

Sometimes I wonder if staying broke is the way to go.