• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There was a draft for QBs. That's it. Everything else about the rosters is based on a set of different things. They took the top 30 colleges at producing NFL talent and gave each team 3 schools each based on geographic location. Then they looked at players and which NFL teams they had been associated with (if any) and assigned players based on that. If a player didn't fit either one of those then it was a first come, first served based on signing players. Each player signed a 3 year contract for a set amount of money. Each player gets scholarship bonuses for continuing their education as well. I may be wrong, but I think I also read where there's a retirement fund as well.

also their 3 year contract has an  NFL out clause--ie if an NFL team wants to sign a AAF player he's free to go

ALSO TOTALLY UNVERIFIED

I heard (somewhere) that every player made 250K ---anybody got the true skinny?

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it's time to let Aaron Murray start!! Matt Simms is straight garbage!! It's what I tried to tell everyone when folks wanted him as Matt Ryan's backup! Guy is a bum!!

Tell me about it, this team isn't going to win a game until they do. It's like we're watching the Falcons play right now. Lol...

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it's time to let Aaron Murray start!! Matt Simms is straight garbage!! It's what I tried to tell everyone when folks wanted him as Matt Ryan's backup! Guy is a bum!!

Why isn't Murray starting???

What does Simms have outside of his last name that made him the starting QB in the first place? Murray has accomplished more to date than Simms has.

58 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Why do Georgia teams have such bad luck?

Need to try and get a decent former HC from the NFL or college ranks that needs a fresh start.

Maybe Urban Meyer could try his hand in the AAF if he decides to return to coaching.

Wouldn't hurt.

9 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Need to try and get a decent former HC from the NFL or college ranks that needs a fresh start.

Maybe Urban Meyer could try his hand in the AAF if he decides to return to coaching.

Wouldn't he make way more money going back to college ball

10 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Myer can coach at almost any college program whenever he wants. No need to take sports minimum wage from AAF.