wartownfalcon

Atlanta Legends?

442 posts in this topic

Good stuff to keep us occupied before the draft. If I'm not mistaken they already have a partnership with the NFL so I hope it becomes an NFL minor league. You grow it to 16 teams and then youd have two NFL teams assigned to each club to stash their UDFAs or draft picks that didn't play much during the season. 

I live in Orlando and there is a decent buzz going on about the league. The no full screen commercials is a genius idea as it'll keep fans tuned in and advertisers dont have to worry about fans changing channels during commercials. 

The Pacific Pro Football league is gonna recruit high school players:  Tom Brady's agent started this league:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Pro_Football

The league would only hire non-NFL eligible players, thus focused on high school graduates not going to college nor out of school for over three years. Average pay would be $50,000 plus optional community college tuition and books for a year.  Benefits would also be a part of compensation, including career-ending injury coverage. A set of programs and internships, academic and vocational, would be made available through the league. The players, as professionals, would be able to enter into sponsorship deals. The league would train the players in pro-style play. All players would get playing time, with players assigned to the team closest to their high school.

Image result for tom brady and his agent

Edited by slickgadawg
datboilando likes this

17 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Its a road game.  

We should be able to watch it on CBS. The AAF game info was changed to Atlanta vs Orlando.

30 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Heard joe Hawley is up to be the Legends’ OL coach, with James Stone his assistant. 

I heard that they gonna kick the field goal when they get into field goal range and can seal the game by doing so...

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I heard that they gonna kick the field goal when they get into field goal range and can seal the game by doing so...

Ouchie.

Oh man... it would be priceless to see the Legends kick a FG to put the game out of reach, and then post-game hear him say:

"Yeah... we knew the right thing to do there was just run the ball 3 times and kick the FG"

Bonus points if he looks directly at the camera and winks after saying it.

Edited by TheUsualStuff

2 hours ago, Nereek said:

We should be able to watch it on CBS. The AAF game info was changed to Atlanta vs Orlando.

There's no blackout rules with this game. Everyone in the south is getting the Atlanta vs. Orlando game. Everyone else is getting the San Diego vs. San Antonio game.

Faithful Falcon likes this

Have you guys looked up the rules for this league? I love the OT rules. I love the 4th and 12 in place of an onside kick. I love having to go for 2 after all touchdowns.

I guess this will serve as the game thread. 

The potential of this league is there. Imagine if it became a legit developmental league for the NFL. Guys who were inactive or UDFAs, or underachievers would get a chance to shine. I'd be locked in every week to see what guys like Benkert, Saubert and Brian Hill could do.

AreJayDubya likes this

16 minutes ago, Nereek said:

The Aaf app is out btw... another way to watch the game live.

You can't watch it on the app anyway. You can get a free trial from http://swooptv.com 3 days, no credit card required. All local markets available, so you can alternate between both games.

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

You can't watch it on the app anyway. You can get a free trial from http://swooptv.com 3 days, no credit card required. All local markets available, so you can alternate between both games.

Yes you can, just click on live.

Faithful Falcon likes this