wartownfalcon

Atlanta Legends?

442 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It is, but Myer would also be a candidate for NFL positions likely. Don’t see it happening, but I guess you never know.

AAF would be a good start for an nfl career.

11 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Why do Georgia teams have such bad luck?

Need to try and get a decent former HC from the NFL or college ranks that needs a fresh start.

Maybe Urban Meyer could try his hand in the AAF if he decides to return to coaching.

1 hour ago, TheHeartless said:

Wouldn't he make way more money going back to college ball

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Myer can coach at almost any college program whenever he wants. No need to take sports minimum wage from AAF.

28 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Unless he wants more of a challenge. It's a different ballgame from college.

21 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It is, but Myer would also be a candidate for NFL positions likely. Don’t see it happening, but I guess you never know.

Does Meyer even have any NFL experience at all? The reason I ask this is because all the head coaches that were hired initially have NFL experience of some kind, many former NFL head coaches, but the others were at least NFL assistants at some point. They did that because they want these players to get NFL style coaching since so many players get little to no NFL style coaching in college these days.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Does Meyer even have any NFL experience at all? The reason I ask this is because all the head coaches that were hired initially have NFL experience of some kind, many former NFL head coaches, but the others were at least NFL assistants at some point. They did that because they want these players to get NFL style coaching since so many players get little to no NFL style coaching in college these days.

I dont think so, which is another good reason for the AAF... giving coaches a chance to show their stuff for the nfl.

3 hours ago, TheHeartless said:

Wouldn't he make way more money going back to college ball

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Myer can coach at almost any college program whenever he wants. No need to take sports minimum wage from AAF.

I'm pretty sure that Meyer could get paid really good in AAF. They have billionaire investors backing the league.

People will also tune in to watch him because he is a huge name and the league could build on his back as a face of the league.

Urban Meyer would be someone the AAF would love to get to try and add some legitimacy to their league in the eyes of the public along with Steve Spurrier, who I doubt is coaching in the AAF just for peanuts.

31 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

They really made this AAF to compete with XFL.  Vince Mcmahon, it's going to be a tough road for you

They made this league to shut down the new Pacific Pro League that Tom Brady's agent is starting.  That league will allow high school players to jump straight into it.  THAT has the NFL and the colleges nervous.   A few months after his agent announced the league, the NFL announced THEIR league...

On 2/18/2019 at 11:43 AM, R_The_Great said:

They really made this AAF to compete with XFL.  Vince Mcmahon, it's going to be a tough road for you

If I were McMahon I would throw money at Urban's feet to coach in my new XFL league. He already has Bob Stoops as the HC for his Dallas team.

Urban would bring instant headlines and could help recruit good college and pro players to want to come and play in the league.

dirtybird2k5 likes this

9 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

They made this league to shut down the new Pacific Pro League that Tom Brady's agent is starting.  That league will allow high school players to jump straight into it.  THAT has the NFL and the colleges nervous.   A few months after his agent announced the league, the NFL announced THEIR league...

Yep, it would allow players fresh out of high school to make a lot of money instantly without adding extra wear and tear to their bodies within the college ranks. 

That could be a game changer in professional football.

slickgadawg likes this

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yep, it would allow players fresh out of high school to make a lot of money instantly without adding extra wear and tear to their bodies within the college ranks. 

That could be a game changer in professional football.

Yeap.  I read a article that said that at MARKET RATE  that EVERY college baskeball and football player is worth $500,000 to $1 million over the course of a 4 year college career.  The colleges are getting over big time.   The Pacific Pro League will give them a salary, health insurance, 401k, lifetime health benefits for major injury, PLUS a community college scholarship, PRO FOOTBALL TEACHING,  life skills, etc.  Just the things that they should have been getting in college the whole time.    The colleges dunk them a fitty hat and a bag of chips after the bowl game and brag about it...

Edited by slickgadawg
DawnOfThemBirds likes this

17 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

If I were McMahon I would throw money at Urban's feet to coach in my new XFL league. He already had Bob Stoops as the HC for his Dallas team.

Urban would bring instant headlined and could help recruit good college and pro players to want to come and play in the league.

Urban Lier picks and chooses his jobs very carefully... He's not going to take a job in the AAF or XFL where he runs the risk of tarnishing his reputation if he isn't successful. He will wait for another college job where he knows he can recruit before his health problems go away and he comes back.

Wow. Found out the league could not meet payroll for the first two weeks and got bailed out today by a new investor...:(

Edited by slickgadawg

On 2/19/2019 at 7:11 PM, slickgadawg said:

Wow. Found out the league could not meet payroll for the first two weeks and got bailed out today by a new investor...:(

Not surprised since it's a new league.

On 2/18/2019 at 0:13 PM, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I'm pretty sure that Meyer could get paid really good in AAF. They have billionaire investors backing the league.

People will also tune in to watch him because he is a huge name and the league could build on his back as a face of the league.

Urban Meyer would be someone the AAF would love to get to try and add some legitimacy to their league in the eyes of the public along with Steve Spurrier, who I doubt is coaching in the AAF just for peanuts.

I'm thinking Meyer is the exact opposite of what this league needs. They need coaches that can help players develop for the NFL. Meyer has a hand full of QBs they were garbage in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Drew4719 said:

This is the worst redzone offense ever lol. Forget any previous falcons team.

3rd game of the season, and we've only scored 1 TD. Dan Quinn pisses me off a lot with the Birds, but this coach here is a piece of poop.

1 hour ago, Drew4719 said:

This is the worst redzone offense ever lol. Forget any previous falcons team.

Cant tell the difference.