wartownfalcon

Atlanta Legends?

442 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2019 at 9:15 PM, Nereek said:

Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 million to play in Alliance. Lol. 

That was something that a media outlet made up. 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There was a draft for QBs. That's it. Everything else about the rosters is based on a set of different things. They took the top 30 colleges at producing NFL talent and gave each team 3 schools each based on geographic location. Then they looked at players and which NFL teams they had been associated with (if any) and assigned players based on that. If a player didn't fit either one of those then it was a first come, first served based on signing players. Each player signed a 3 year contract for a set amount of money. Each player gets scholarship bonuses for continuing their education as well. I may be wrong, but I think I also read where there's a retirement fund as well.

also their 3 year contract has an  NFL out clause--ie if an NFL team wants to sign a AAF player he's free to go

ALSO TOTALLY UNVERIFIED

I heard (somewhere) that every player made 250K ---anybody got the true skinny?

9 minutes ago, delaigle said:

also their 3 year contract has an  NFL out clause--ie if an NFL team wants to sign a AAF player he's free to go

ALSO TOTALLY UNVERIFIED

I heard (somewhere) that every player made 250K ---anybody got the true skinny?

Yeah, pretty sure that's the number I saw as well.

19 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Media outlets and making up something goes hand in hand.

Keep in mind who runs them. The same people running professional and college sports.

19 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Keep in mind who runs them. The same people running professional and college sports.

The way I see it, Journalism is dead.

1 minute ago, Nereek said:

The way I see it, Journalism is dead.

There is still good journalism. The government, and large corporations runs the media, and sports.

9 minutes ago, Romfal said:

this early game is pretty **** good

Orlando down 29-17 and came back to win 37-29. The fun and gun is back!! They scored 40 in week 1 and 37 today!

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it's time to let Aaron Murray start!! Matt Simms is straight garbage!! It's what I tried to tell everyone when folks wanted him as Matt Ryan's backup! Guy is a bum!!

Tell me about it, this team isn't going to win a game until they do. It's like we're watching the Falcons play right now. Lol...

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it's time to let Aaron Murray start!! Matt Simms is straight garbage!! It's what I tried to tell everyone when folks wanted him as Matt Ryan's backup! Guy is a bum!!

Why isn't Murray starting???

What does Simms have outside of his last name that made him the starting QB in the first place? Murray has accomplished more to date than Simms has.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Why isn't Murray starting???

What does Simms have outside of his last name that made him the starting QB in the first place? Murray has accomplished more to date than Simms has.

got a idiotic head coach. Lol.

15 minutes ago, Nereek said:

got a idiotic head coach. Lol.

Why do Georgia teams have such bad luck?

Need to try and get a decent former HC from the NFL or college ranks that needs a fresh start.

Maybe Urban Meyer could try his hand in the AAF if he decides to return to coaching.

58 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Need to try and get a decent former HC from the NFL or college ranks that needs a fresh start.

Maybe Urban Meyer could try his hand in the AAF if he decides to return to coaching.

Wouldn't hurt.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

9 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Wouldn't he make way more money going back to college ball

10 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Myer can coach at almost any college program whenever he wants. No need to take sports minimum wage from AAF.

37 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Myer can coach at almost any college program whenever he wants. No need to take sports minimum wage from AAF.

Unless he wants more of a challenge. It's a different ballgame from college.

6 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Unless he wants more of a challenge. It's a different ballgame from college.

It is, but Myer would also be a candidate for NFL positions likely. Don’t see it happening, but I guess you never know.