wartownfalcon

Atlanta Legends?

442 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

We currently have no OC

yeah but the teams looked polished.  it had the look and feel of an NFL game.  I hope it doesnt get cancelled too soon.  The news was saying the XFL got an 8.9 rating or something around there, and was cancelled shortly..

9 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

yeah but the teams looked polished.  it had the look and feel of an NFL game.  I hope it doesnt get cancelled too soon.  The news was saying the XFL got an 8.9 rating or something around there, and was cancelled shortly..

It's all about support. We support the NFL for nothing more than the love of football. It been pretty boring as of late. I've always loved the high school and college games more. The popularity this is annoying. 

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's all about support. We support the NFL for nothing more than the love of football. It been pretty boring as of late. I've always loved the high school and college games more. The popularity this is annoying. 

its funny how support leans to the winning team.  my college team is down, so i really have no vested interest in the college game for the past couple years like i had been.  That being said i personally like the NFL game better.  Maybe its the TV production.  You can actually see players and look at matchups.  In ESPNs college coverage the camera appears to be zoomed out too far.  Either that or i need a bigger TV!

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

its funny how support leans to the winning team.  my college team is down, so i really have no vested interest in the college game for the past couple years like i had been.  That being said i personally like the NFL game better.  Maybe its the TV production.  You can actually see players and look at matchups.  In ESPNs college coverage the camera appears to be zoomed out too far.  Either that or i need a bigger TV!

Probably regulations. When I college player is hurt, he's really hurt. NFL has a bunch of actors. I really don't care for the big college games as much either. I'd prefer the FCS. 

21 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Yea, but the XFL had a bevy of issues that hopefully the AAF will continue to avoid. For one the league was rushed and teams had not been together save for a few weeks before games began so the play on the field was pathetic. Secondly the marketing was waaay over the top and they tried to sell it like a WWF version of football and it was just a misguided focus that didn't satisfy either fanbase. AAF seems like it's a more serious league that is focusing a little more on the product than the packaging, and is coming along at a time when a lot of fans are not completely satisfied with the NFL product due to rule changes and the politicizing, so I think it has a legitimate shot at sticking around.

VTCrunkler likes this

47 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yea, but the XFL had a bevy of issues that hopefully the AAF will continue to avoid. For one the league was rushed and teams had not been together save for a few weeks before games began so the play on the field was pathetic. Secondly the marketing was waaay over the top and they tried to sell it like a WWF version of football and it was just a misguided focus that didn't satisfy either fanbase. AAF seems like it's a more serious league that is focusing a little more on the product than the packaging, and is coming along at a time when a lot of fans are not completely satisfied with the NFL product due to rule changes and the politicizing, so I think it has a legitimate shot at sticking around.

I hope it does stick around. Radio talking heads say it might not last due to low overall ratings. But they say it was the same ratings as the nba or college b-ball in the same time slot. I enjoyed seeing football again. And ATL has a team. Awesome. Xfl was wwf on the field. I need to rewatch. 

here's to hoping the Legends suck up all the football bad karma on Badstreet USA and The Falcons have a good run of good luck for a while!

Does the NFL have a stake in the AAF? 

I ask because the NFL Network is televising AAF games (at least it did last night) which makes me think the NFL doesn't see the AAF as competition, and might want it to end up being their developmental league.

Edited by brewman

Just now, brewman said:

I ask because the NFL Network is televising AAF games (at least it did last night) which makes me think the NFL doesn't see the AAF as competition, and might want it to end up being their developmental league.

Yes!! It's supposed to be a developmental league. That's the only reason it was created. That's why former NFL players like Hines Ward and Jared Allen are involved in running the league.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, slickgadawg said:

Singletary's teams still suck...:(

Of course they do. 

I remember well, back when probably 45% of this board screamed to hire Singletary, when we ended up with Mike Smith.  I lived in terror for weeks, afraid that the Falcons would bring in that ex-Bear dunderhead.   Thank god wisdom prevailed. 

slickgadawg and Falconsfan567 like this

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Of course they do. 

I remember well, back when probably 45% of this board screamed to hire Singletary, when we ended up with Mike Smith.  I lived in terror for weeks, afraid that the Falcons would bring in that ex-Bear dunderhead.   Thank god wisdom prevailed. 

Singletary thinks he still plays for the Bears  Too many knocks to the head...:(

Image result for mike singletary gif

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Is there a AAF draft? 

I mean, there must be, seeing as how the 'Legends' went full-tank mode at halftime of Game One.  

There was a draft for QBs. That's it. Everything else about the rosters is based on a set of different things. They took the top 30 colleges at producing NFL talent and gave each team 3 schools each based on geographic location. Then they looked at players and which NFL teams they had been associated with (if any) and assigned players based on that. If a player didn't fit either one of those then it was a first come, first served based on signing players. Each player signed a 3 year contract for a set amount of money. Each player gets scholarship bonuses for continuing their education as well. I may be wrong, but I think I also read where there's a retirement fund as well.

1 hour ago, brewman said:

The NFL created this league to jump ahead of the Pacific Coast League that Tom Brady's agent is trying to start.  That league will allow high school players to jump directly into it. The NFL is trying to crush that league before it gets off the ground...:(

Edited by slickgadawg