wartownfalcon

Atlanta Legends?

442 posts in this topic

Just now, octoslash said:

I have a few things with that logo still, one of 'em being a huge black coffee mug I use as a toothbrush holder...for some reason.  I like that jacket though,  sharp.

I didn't even live in Atlanta. I have no idea how my parents even got it. Over the last few years I've picked up some early 80s McDonald's glasses with bartkowski, Andrews and the gang on them at random yard sales.

octoslash likes this

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I hope this league gets some better QB's guys from highschool that skip college or something.

Or some QBs who can run and make plays.

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Or some QBs who can run and make plays.

Anyone but these NFL rejects. If they were younger sure. But these 30 year olds? They are who they are. They're not gonna turn it on all of a sudden.

10 minutes ago, Nereek said:

That was posted before Vick was out as OC. But the league could help coaches reach back into the nfl, or get in the nfl for the first time.

please catch me up on why he was out...

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

please catch me up on why he was out...

Really no clue... he is still with the team. But no longer OC.

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Anyone but these NFL rejects. If they were younger sure. But these 30 year olds? They are who they are. They're not gonna turn it on all of a sudden.

If this league takes off you might see guys young guys go here after failing in the NFL early. They don't have the money like the USFL or the goofiness of the XFL, so who knows.

Ovie_Lover likes this

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

LOL you harsh bro. They're all chasing the dream, but yeah Simms should not be starting over Murray. They better make that switch pretty quick if they want to sell more tix for their season opener.

Ovie_Lover likes this

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

If this league takes off you might see guys young guys go here after failing in the NFL early. They don't have the money like the USFL or the goofiness of the XFL, so who knows.

They have resources I have never seen a startup have. Three major broadcasting partners and social media for free publicity is the major difference than what USFL and XFL had. They aren't trying to hide what they are either. They want to be a minor league of sorts for the NFL. If this season is a success, it's also a success for fans and players looking for a shot because the NFL would pour money into it.

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

LOL you harsh bro. They're all chasing the dream, but yeah Simms should not be starting over Murray. They better make that switch pretty quick if they want to sell more tix for their season opener.

They are not gonna sell anything anyway.

Whose bright idea was it to have them playing home games on the same day as Atlanta United?

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Simms living off his daddy's name. Needs to get the **** out.

Just now, Forever Julian said:

They are not gonna sell anything anyway.

Whose bright idea was it to have them playing home games on the same day as Atlanta United?

It's not a home game for Atlanta genius. It's in Orlando.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

It's not a home game for Atlanta genius. It's in Orlando.

Im talking about when they get to the city.

Atlanta United plays FC Cincinnati the same day they play Memphis at GA State stadium

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

Simms living off his daddy's name. Needs to get the **** out.

Wow!  I did not know that.  He looks nothing like Billy Simms.

How Billy Sims became a football star, and how he's using ...

Just now, stizz said:

They have resources I have never seen a startup have. Three major broadcasting partners and social media for free publicity is the major difference than what USFL and XFL had. They aren't trying to hide what they are either. They want to be a minor league of sorts for the NFL. If this season is a success, it's also a success for fans and players looking for a shot because the NFL would pour money into it.

The USFL did have a serious draft tho. They were able to get guys like Jim Kelly, Hershel Walker, and Reggie White before they went to the NFL. If they could steal NFL players watch out. The NFL won't let that happen of course.

1 minute ago, Forever Julian said:

Im talking about when they get to the city.

Atlanta United plays FC Cincinnati the same day they play Memphis at GA State stadium

Oh **** my bad

1 minute ago, Yo_Lover said:

Oh **** my bad

Also they play in the same city the next week on the 17th of march too. Its bad planning.

Especially with how much this city loves United now.

Edited by Forever Julian
jas82487 likes this