Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctor Kildare

Wonder if Dimitroff, Quinn and Blank learned something tonight?

58 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah they learned the need another WR and CB.

These ******* are hopeless

I don't like the pick either but I think the pick was BPA. I would rather do that than reach for another Jamal Anderson going for needs...smh

14 hours ago, IA Falcon07 said:

If it was just $15 million it wouldn't be the end of the world.  Taking away Beasley's 5th year option is $12.8m back instantly so it'd only be an additional ~$2m.  I'd do that in a heartbeat, obviously the impact beyond the first year may be more significant though and that's assuming it's only $15m.

Folks better worry more about paying Grady 1st and foremost. That’s not a sure thing at this point.

Draft a pass rusher early in draft, don’t overpay for another team’s overpriced FA at expense of keeping your best homegrown players. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Folks better worry more about paying Grady 1st and foremost. That’s not a sure thing at this point.

Draft a pass rusher early in draft, don’t overpay for another team’s overpriced FA at expense of keeping your best homegrown players. 

Oh I agree with you there that’s why I mentioned beyond the first year it’s a different story. If it was just $15m yearly and the FO was planning to keep Beasley at anything close to $13m beyond next year then I’d definitely pay the additional $2m per year more for Clowney. Obviously that scenario is completely over simplified though.

Vandy likes this

On 11/30/2018 at 0:12 PM, virginiafalcon said:

We held the Saints to 13 points, intercepted Brees 5 times, and sacked him once on 11/29/2012.

Our starting D was:

DL - Kroy Biermann, Corey Peters, Jonathan Babineaux, John Abraham

LB - Stephen Nicholas, Akeem Dent, Sean Weatherspoon

DB - Dunta Robinson, Chris Owens, Robert McClain, Thomas DeCoud, William Moore

Are you arguing that we had a "strong middle" with "power players" in that game?

Babineaux and Peters combined for 0 qb hits, 0 tackles, and 1 pass deflection. Our leading tackler on the d-line was backup Cliff Matthews.

Sometimes your defense just plays inspired football, especially at home, and Brees does lay an egg once every year or two.

They did well that night. Complex scheme, excellent performance by the Falcon players and John Abraham making Brees uncomfortable did the trick. But that has been a rare occurance. A stout line makes games like that more the rule instead of an aberration.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:30 PM, Doctor Kildare said:

Power football based on a strong middle of the lines beats the Aints and other good teams in games like this. Good thing for the Cowboys that they think power players are worth being a priority. Meanwhile the Falcons have spent a decade striving for the perfect set of cornerbacks and safetys.

No. Because they saw the same thing happne last year about this time.

They might draft another 4th round DT that is a "Grady Jarrett Prototype", or someone from West Montana State.

They might draft another WR or TE for Matt Ryan to be mentioned among the elite QBs.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:39 AM, Power I said:

I agree, but to play Devil's Advocate, they were 3-4 before Amari Cooper and 4-1 since including a 4 game win streak. 

That's comes to show before Cooper there was no passing threat so every team they played would load the box... Now with Cooper they have to respect him in some way of form not exactly as an elite but a all-star. So now Dallas running game is open.