Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctor Kildare

Wonder if Dimitroff, Quinn and Blank learned something tonight?

58 posts in this topic

Power football based on a strong middle of the lines beats the Aints and other good teams in games like this. Good thing for the Cowboys that they think power players are worth being a priority. Meanwhile the Falcons have spent a decade striving for the perfect set of cornerbacks and safetys.

We know how to beat the taints......since 2014 we are dead even with them.

We swept them in 14.....they swept in 15...we swept in 16....we split last year......and they swept this year.

Anne we were missing out 2best safety both times we played them this year...and our pro bowl linebacker.....and our pro bowl running back...and our starting guard's...........

DogIsYourName, Emmitt, vel and 4 others like this

1 minute ago, Doctor Kildare said:

When was the last time our finesse football held the Aints to 10 points and made life miserable for Brees?

Didn't hold them to 10 But we put a lot of pressure on brees last year and we hit him a good deal in 2016

Pretty sure Blank learned that his mls team was hosting the MLS cup in their own stadium which will break every attendance record there is. Blank was on stage in NY holding a trophy tonight. Doubt he took time to check up on the saints.

28-3 and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Power football based on a strong middle of the lines beats the Aints and other good teams in games like this. Good thing for the Cowboys that they think power players are worth being a priority. Meanwhile the Falcons have spent a decade striving for the perfect set of cornerbacks and safetys.

This is a good post.  An aggressive defensive style, competent Oline, and a DANG PUSH UP THE MIDDLE (*cough* Senat scratched!?? *cough*) doomed the Saints offense tonite

1 hour ago, Doctor Kildare said:

Lol Dallas haven't won anything in a decade they've been to the playoffs once or twice in that time but now there doing the right thing are they Hahahahaha wake me up.

Power football what a load of ****e.

Theyve done nothing as of yet but all of a sudden the last decade they get a mulligan.

Meanwhile the Falcons have nie on won the SB 2 years ago and have been to the playoffs 6 times in the mentioned decade.

Screw the **** Cowboys there nothing.

10 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

This is a good post.  An aggressive defensive style, competent Oline, and a DANG PUSH UP THE MIDDLE (*cough* Senat scratched!?? *cough*) doomed the Saints offense tonite

Yep, the Cowgirls defense won that game tonight!!!  When you get a big push up the middle like they did, Breesus just ain't fast enough to compensate!  Dallas kept trying to give the Aints the game on offense, with all those stupid penalties, but they finally prevailed.  I was one happy camper, too, 'cause I HATE the Taints!!!  

Looks to me like Dallas just decided that they really really wanted this game. And played a lot harder than normal for it.

That's not really sustainable and is a hallmark of a mediocre team.

(Still a far sight better than our team this season, I'll admit that).

Geaux_Falcons likes this

2 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

When was the last time our finesse football held the Aints to 10 points and made life miserable for Brees?

Are you seriously trying to paint the Cowboy's defense as elite?  Games like this happen, did you just start watching football?

Look, I hate to defend the Stains, I really do, but tonight, Brees was the problem more than the Cowboys.  They had 2 sacks and 1 garbage time interception. Their defense played as well as they played all season, but the common thread was the Saint's play-calling and execution, which was horrid.  If you want to look at this game as some referendum on the Falcons personnel strategy, then I present the following Cowboys 1st team front 7:

Lawrence - Certifiable stud, no explanation needed

Crawford - 7th year pro, never more than 5 sacks a season

Woods - 2nd year as a pro (didn't play 2018...) 1.5 sacks total

Taco - 2nd year pro, 4 sacks total

Wilson - 4th year pro, .75 sacks a year

Smith - 2nd year pro (I'm not even going to count the 1st year because of the nerve issues) - 4 sacks this year

Lee - It's not even fair to discuss QB pressures with him, though in 8 seasons he has 3 sacks.  When healthy he roams the field and makes tackles, but when does that happen consistently?

*Also, let's include Vender Esch, since he killed it tonight, but general stats are: rookie, 0 sacks, 77 tackles, 0 sacks

I dare anyone to say that front 7 is better than the Falcons...

The Cowboys overwhelmingly controlled clock and time possession. Ezekiel Elliott leads the league in scrimmage yards and the Cowboys have a good defense this year so combine those factors together then they were able to keep the ball away from Drew Brees. That's how they won. Cowboys should have won 13-3 if it wasn't for the Saints having their only TD off boneheaded Cowboys penalties. The Falcons meanwhile, don't have the linemen up front like the Cowboys and we have a running back who leads the league in negative plays. 

Edited by mqg96

3 hours ago, mqg96 said:

The Cowboys overwhelmingly controlled clock and time possession. Ezekiel Elliott leads the league in scrimmage yards and the Cowboys have a good defense this year so combine those factors together then they were able to keep the ball away from Drew Brees. That's how they won. Cowboys should have won 13-3 if it wasn't for the Saints having their only TD off boneheaded Cowboys penalties. The Falcons meanwhile, don't have the linemen up front like the Cowboys and we have a running back who leads the league in negative plays. 

They also tackled the Saints players well. Even when they missed tackles, someone else came in the clean up. Kamara and Ingram were getting hit hard. They usually try to dish out the punishment, but it was the other way around. Jaylon Smith is the beast that we all knew he would be. 

Flying Falcon, vitaman and mqg96 like this

5 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Looks to me like Dallas just decided that they really really wanted this game. And played a lot harder than normal for it.

That's not really sustainable and is a hallmark of a mediocre team.

(Still a far sight better than our team this season, I'll admit that).

5 hour energy! :)