What if?

18 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

What if the Stanks win the SB in the ATL?

You guys think it will hurt the team?

How will you feel about it?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say the world keeps spinning and all your bills will still be due.

After the Superchoke something like that won’t sting at all.

I'll be perfectly honest and blunt... the thought of the Saints using OUR locker room (the NFC is the designated home team this year, which means the NFC team will be using the Falcon locker room) and winning a second Lombardi in our stadium WILL hurt as much as the LI loss.  Life will go on, but the part of me that loves football will die just a little bit more...again.  And as a regular on a certain rivals forum, I will likely have to leave football messageboarding altogether... I mean, what will every conversation ultimately boil down to???  Yep, you guessed it...

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OK that made me chuckle.

I do believe you are a tanker though. Are you?

I hate a tanker.

There’s a difference in wanting the team to lose and thinking they’re too flawed to win.

They’re going to need at least 2 OL and 2 DL and solid guys. They can probably get 2 of those guys in FA but No bargain basement.

They’re not going to tank but they’re not going to be able to get into the playoffs without a few miracles.

Rams need to win out, and then let's see how the NFC Championship goes between the Saints and Rams in LA and that would be a rematch from the regular season game in New Orleans. You know since 2003 when the NFC South has played the NFC East once every 3 years, the NFC South winner has always gone to the NFC Championship game. 2003 Panthers were in the Super Bowl. 2006 Saints were in the NFC Championship. 2009 Saints (blasphemy), 2012 Falcons were in the NFC Championship, 2015 Panthers were in the Super Bowl, and now let's see what the 2018 Saints will do. 

I don't want to see the Saints win anything but if they do, there's nothing I can do about it.  They're a great team this year.  That's just the way it is. 

I really don't care if they win it here, or wherever. 

At least whichever teams that make it to the super bowl, their fans will contribute lots of moolah to the local economy.

57 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I don't want to see the Saints win anything but if they do, there's nothing I can do about it.  They're a great team this year.  That's just the way it is. 

I really don't care if they win it here, or wherever. 

At least whichever teams that make it to the super bowl, their fans will contribute lots of moolah to the local economy.

On the assumption it sure as heck won't  be the Falcons playing in the Super Bowl, I am not totally disgusted if a team from our division wins it.  I respect what they have done this year, rivals or not.  They had a good year, we did not.

20 hours ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

What if the Stanks win the SB in the ATL?

You guys think it will hurt the team?

How will you feel about it?

I'd be more worried about the affect it would have on the saints. I really don't want them having fond memories in our house and drawing strength from them. Won't matter when we win our ring though