Faithful Falcon

Atlanta United

123 posts in this topic

I hope that this is the football game that our coaches are watching. I know that these are two different sports, with the same name in most countries. They do pretty much have the same concept. Wanna see good Coaching? Watch this. Anyone that has been watching this team knows that they can score, and fast. Coach came into this game, and made it about not letting his opponent score. This is how you play chess.

Martino has been blasted in the past for refusing to change his style of play which has cost some of his teams championships. 

That was the complaint again last year (not the first time) when the United got ousted early in the playoffs.

This year though.... he completely adjusted the style of play and beat the team they hadn't beat through 4 matches over the course of two seasons.

See? Sometimes you have to modify what you do when confronted with new circumstances. Coaches coach when they adapt to what they have and the situation they are in instead of doggedly hanging on to a style that obviously you don't have the personnel to run, and isn't working.

Just now, TheUsualStuff said:

Martino has been blasted in the past for refusing to change his style of play which has cost some of his teams championships. 

That was the complaint again last year (not the first time) when the United got ousted early in the playoffs.

This year though.... he completely adjusted the style of play and beat the team they hadn't beat through 4 matches over the course of two seasons.

See? Sometimes you have to modify what you do when confronted with new circumstances. Coaches coach when they adapt to what they have and the situation they are in instead of doggedly hanging on to a style that obviously you don't have the personnel to run, and isn't working.

Well said

TheUsualStuff likes this

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I hope that this is the football game that our coaches are watching. I know that these are two different sports, with the same name in most countries. They do pretty much have the same concept. Wanna see good Coaching? Watch this. Anyone that has been watching this team knows that they can score, and fast. Coach came into this game, and made it about not letting his opponent score. This is how you play chess.

Dan Quinn and Manuel are so confused by this post?

Chess? Soccer?

Dirtybird3 likes this

That was far from a snoozefest. 

Soccer is like a sword fight with parrying, attacks and defense... and yeah.. scoring even once can be deadly. The beauty and strategy of the game is in the back and forth play on the pitch.

People that say soccer is a snoozefest know nothing about the game.

Zone#7, AF89, dawgsfan426 and 7 others like this

1 minute ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Soccer is like a sword fight with parrying, attacks and defense... and yeah.. scoring even once can be deadly. The beauty and strategy of the game is in the back and forth play on the pitch.

They should attend a united game if they want a real sports experience, the only snoozefest going on lately is Falcon games. But hey everyone’s a critic these days

I don’t know anything about their season, but since this is atlanta they’re doomed to lose the title game - most likely in embarrassing fashion by blowing a 3-0 lead at the 75th minute.

Edited by WiscoFalcon
PHALCONABERNATHY likes this

1 minute ago, WiscoFalcon said:

I don’t know anything about their season, but since this is atlanta they’re doomed to lose the title game - most likely in embarrassing fashion by blowing a 3-0 lead at the 75th minute.

Seeing as how its at MBS anything is possible.. however United are very strong at home and we could see 83,000 attend this game. 

TheUsualStuff and hotlanta like this

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Seeing as how its at MBS anything is possible.. however United are very strong at home and we could see 83,000 attend this game. 

The only attendance limitation for the final at MBS will be what the fire marshall says it will be. 

19 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I enjoyed every minute...Im actually late for work....and I dont care...lol

4 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

..and they will actually be in their seats, paying attention to the game, and screaming like mad..

...instead of checking out the sculptures in the lobby and chatting over mimosas.

20 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Dan Quinn and Manuel are so confused by this post?

Chess? Soccer?

Most are. This age of Fantasy Football is killing the knowledge of the game.

2 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Thank you for pointing this out having played the games, actually the sport the game is no snoozefest, and **** it all they are more entertaining then anything we have in Georgia besides UGA.

hotlanta and TheUsualStuff like this

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

1 hour ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Well said! Rumor has it Martino is leaving after the season to coach a National team (Mexico), wants to coach in another World Cup... Hopefully we win it all this season!