Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattyicefalcon

Official = Saints @ Cowboys Game Day Thread

286 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Fk a tank. You play the game to win. We aint dead til we dead bro. 

Get hot 2010 GB or 2011 NYG style. Rattle off nine straight. Get rest. On Northside Drive.

All these watered down flag football teams look beatable to me. NO, NE, LAR, PIT, MIN and KC.

It's over and it's too late. The hawks, boys, rams, saints, and panthers are sure shots. So are the Vikings. We are as dead and worthless pretenders as we have always been. 

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

It's over and it's too late. The hawks, boys, rams, saints, and panthers are sure shots. So are the Vikings. We are as dead and worthless pretenders as we have always been. 

Vikings are anything but a sure shot. Have you looked at their schedule?

• at Patriots
  • at Seahawks
  • vs. Dolphins
  • at Lions
  • vs. Bears

They could easily lose 4 of those games and find themselves sitting at home come January.

25 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well not as dire.

We have a good core in place 

We have a franchise left tackle....which is a huge building block.Mack is still a good center even if he is not a great one anymore...and we can win with one of the current guards in placew....so we really just need a RT and RG....and there are a few guys that I am eye balling for those spots.

On defense

Vic and Takk while  both have struggled both still have talent and ability. It does not help that imo we are not using them to their full ability.

Grady needs to be resigned but he is a good player..and Crawford is a good reserve...Senate has promise...but he needs to be on the field.

So there are some decent building blocks that are still young

Now compare that to the four teams that will likely end up in the two Championship games. Big difference. Troffed.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

• at Patriots
  • at Seahawks
  • vs. Dolphins
  • at Lions
  • vs. Bears

They could easily lose 4 of those games and find themselves sitting at home come January.

Don't matter who ever wins the NFC north has a sure fire ticket regardless of record. This means we will need to beat out the panthers and seahawks. Yeah that's not going to happen and I have no faith that DQ won't muck up a cup of coffee at this point. Let's just hope for a high first round pick.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

• at Patriots
  • at Seahawks
  • vs. Dolphins
  • at Lions
  • vs. Bears

3 losses vs Patriots, Hawks & Bears highly probable 

Falconsfan567 likes this

10 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Don't matter who ever wins the NFC north has a sure fire ticket regardless of record. This means we will need to beat out the panthers and seahawks. Yeah that's not going to happen and I have no faith that DQ won't muck up a cup of coffee at this point. Let's just hope for a high first round pick.

Bears are going to win the NFC North. Falcons can indeed beat the Panthers and/or Seahawks for a WC spot. This right here could happen where the Falcons and Panthers both finish at 9-7 and the Falcons win the tiebreaker over the Panthers because of the HTH sweep.

Link

Although, they'd get absolutely murdered in the playoffs in the scenario playing at Chicago.

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Now compare that to the four teams that will likely end up in the two Championship games. Big difference. Troffed.

Those teams also are not missing 5 key starters including 3 pro bowlers  and 2 guys who have played at near pro bowl levels

9 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

3 losses vs Patriots, Hawks & Bears highly probable 

Yep, and I think the Dolphins or Lions could get them. Dolphins and Lions are the two most inconsistent teams in football, they could win or lose any game.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Bears are going to win the NFC North. Falcons can indeed beat the Panthers and/or Seahawks for a WC spot. This right here could happen where the Falcons and Panthers both finish at 9-7 and the Falcons win the tiebreaker over the Panthers because of the HTH sweep.

Link

Although, they'd get absolutely murdered in the playoffs in the scenario playing at Chicago.

Bears, Rams, saints, boys are all sure shots. We ain't beating the panthers in their home and the Hawks have a weak schedule. It's too late to go on a run and we certainly ain't doing it with the way Quinn mismanages games.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Those teams also are not missing 5 key starters including 3 pro bowlers  and 2 guys who have played at near pro bowl levels

What three Pro Bowlers? You mean one Pro Bowler and two alternates right? And yall wanna get rid of the Pro Bowler.

Panthers play us 1x and the Saints twice. That's enough to make up in the race. Also gotta compete with the Eagles though. We really couldn't afford a 3 game losing streak. Even one more win would be massive lol.

57 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well not as dire.

We have a good core in place 

We have a franchise left tackle....which is a huge building block.Mack is still a good center even if he is not a great one anymore...and we can win with one of the current guards in placew....so we really just need a RT and RG....and there are a few guys that I am eye balling for those spots.

On defense

Vic and Takk while  both have struggled both still have talent and ability. It does not help that imo we are not using them to their full ability.

Grady needs to be resigned but he is a good player..and Crawford is a good reserve...Senate has promise...but he needs to be on the field.

So there are some decent building blocks that are still young

They have a good core but they HAVE to build on it.

They need an upgrade at guard and RT.  Technically both guard spots but let’s be realistic.  Starting anything more than one rookie on the oline will be a disaster.

They need a solid pass rusher and Takk and Beasley haven’t been those guys.  Need a replacement for Reed and that’s assuming they keep Beasley. Irving might be a solid piece if they keep him.

They need another solid DT to rotate in with Crawford, Grady, & Senat.

So 2 OL and DL are needed and they can’t be bargain basement guys like Steven Means either.  Go FA with the Ol and double dip on the DL in the Draft.

13 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Panthers play us 1x and the Saints twice. That's enough to make up in the race. Also gotta compete with the Eagles though. We really couldn't afford a 3 game losing streak. Even one more win would be massive lol.

Not worried about the Eagles. They've got locker room issues that are affecting their play. None of this means nothing if the Falcons don't take care of their own business.

Just for the heIl of it, I wanted to see what it would take for the Falcons to make the playoffs at 8-8 and it's possible if about 1000 different things happen. This is what it would look like, Falcons and Panthers both make the playoffs at 8-8 with the Eagles, Seahawks at 7-9 and theVikings and Packers at 7-8-1 and missing the playoffs. That's with the loss being to the Panthers. If they beat the Panthers and lose to the Packers they can still make it. Again, similar situation, they'd need a million different things to go right. There's also a scenario where the Packers and Vikings can both make it at 8-7-1. It's crazy. Basically, 1 more loss eliminates the Falcons.

Link

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

They have a good core but they HAVE to build on it.

They need an upgrade at guard and RT.  Technically both guard spots but let’s be realistic.  Starting anything more than one rookie on the oline will be a disaster.

They need a solid pass rusher and Takk and Beasley haven’t been those guys.  Need a replacement for Reed and that’s assuming they keep Beasley. Irving might be a solid piece if they keep him.

They need another solid DT to rotate in with Crawford, Grady, & Senat.

So 2 OL and DL are needed and they can’t be bargain basement guys like Steven Means either.  Go FA with the Ol and double dip on the DL in the Draft.

4 players are pretty easy to fill.

You mentioned 2013.....the next year they drafted Matthews and Hageman and sign Asomoah(sp), Tyson Jackson, and Paul Soliai.

Unfortunately injuries detailed Asomaoh  and Jackson and Soliai were horribly mismanaged by Nolan.

But the last time we had this kind of issue it was attacked hard

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

4 players are pretty easy to fill.

You mentioned 2013.....the next year they drafted Matthews and Hageman and sign Asomoah(sp), Tyson Jackson, and Paul Soliai.

Unfortunately injuries detailed Asomaoh  and Jackson and Soliai were horribly mismanaged by Nolan.

But the last time we had this kind of issue it was attacked hard

Oh they can address it but in the 2013 offseason they screwed up and didn’t get pass rushers.

And holy crap did they have injury problems on the oline in 2014.

Lost the LT, C, RG, RT.  Now the starting RG was also the backup center and there was another guy in there somewhere.  Was it Johnson and was he a backup guard?

Amazingly enough the pass offense was close to what it is now with that **** show on the oline.

3 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Oh they can address it but in the 2013 offseason they screwed up and didn’t get pass rushers.

And holy crap did they have injury problems on the oline in 2014.

Lost the LT, C, RG, RT.  Now the starting RG was also the backup center and there was another guy in there somewhere.  Was it Johnson and was he a backup guard?

Amazingly enough the pass offense was close to what it is now with that **** show on the oline.

Both 13 and 14 saw the online get crushed with injuries...2014 was when we had to put in Toilolo at RT because we literally ran out of linemen.

I am pretty sure we had every guy miss at least one start...and guys like Matthews and Blalock played through pain.....it was brutal.

13 and 14 were  just historically had in terms of injury

But yeah ...looking to this off-season i see a few guys who are upgrades....and the pass rushing FA are legit.....it is just a matter of who actually makes to FA.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Both 13 and 14 saw the online get crushed with injuries...2014 was when we had to put in Toilolo at RT because we literally ran out of linemen.

I am pretty sure we had every guy miss at least one start...and guys like Matthews and Blalock played through pain.....it was brutal.

13 and 14 were  just historically had in terms of injury

But yeah ...looking to this off-season i see a few guys who are upgrades....and the pass rushing FA are legit.....it is just a matter of who actually makes to FA.

I don’t recall 2013 having that many injuries other than Bakers typical problems.  That dude couldn’t stay healthy.

The problem was the Holmes and Konz just sucked.  Total swing and miss by everyone.  

One thing that puzzled me was Schrader was on the roster but didn’t get any regular season snaps until Holmes was lost for the season in 14.

Guess Smitty wasn’t a trench Guru

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I don’t recall 2013 having that many injuries other than Bakers typical problems.  That dude couldn’t stay healthy.

The problem was the Holmes and Konz just sucked.  Total swing and miss by everyone.  

One thing that puzzled me was Schrader was on the roster but didn’t get any regular season snaps until Holmes was lost for the season in 14.

Guess Smitty wasn’t a trench Guru

13 was about complete team injuries......not only did the offensive line get hammered but that the a when Julio missed 13 games, Jackson missed multiple  games and played hurt, Roddy missed  multiple games and played hurt most of year.

it was a cluster fudge.

we had mostly avoided those kind of crippling injuries until this year

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep, and I think the Dolphins or Lions could get them. Dolphins and Lions are the two most inconsistent teams in football, they could win or lose any game.

Dolphins definitely are streaky as ****..Lions are down with some key playmakers so not sure.

5 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

The only time I ever cheer for the Saints it's against the Cowboys......

Same here and everyone around me was shocked to see me rooting for Boys! Eeeks!

But had to do it....

F.saints!! They finally got exposed.