slickgadawg

Francouer replaces Simpson on Braves telecasts next season

13 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

interesting

" You’d think that with all of the excitement on the field that happened when it came to the 2018 Atlanta Braves, these guys would at least try to come off as if they enjoyed the game instead of treating it like it was a job. Instead, we had Joe Simpson repeatedly putting the franchise’s television presentation in a poor light and it sure seemed like his dreariness brought Chip down a peg as well. If you’re so worried about making sure that the game is accessible and fun to kids, casual fans and newcomers to the sport who just happen to flip onto your channel for something to watch on a lazy Summer evening, having your two hosts claim that everything was better in the past and the sport basically sucks now is probably the quickest way to turn away the aforementioned demographic. "

https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/11/29/18118258/atlanta-braves-tv-radio-broadcast-fox-sports-south-jeff-francoeur-chip-caray-joe-simpson

On 1/17/2019 at 0:45 AM, dmite said:

Maybe Chip is next?

I never liked Chip either.  He comes off as fake and pompous.  LOVE, ABSOLUTELY LOVE his dad Skip.  Its like they are polar opposites...

11 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I never liked Chip either.  He comes off as fake and pompous.  LOVE, ABSOLUTELY LOVE his dad Skip.  Its like they are polar opposites...

Chip to me understands history of baseball very well, but he doesn’t understand how it’s played and strategies.  I don’t know if he plays dumb to get Joe to talk to a subject or what.  Chip also annoys me with homerun calls all the time and cliche language, like he’s trying to sound smart. 

14 hours ago, jidady said:

If these promos are a hint of what's to come, I've died and gone to the Bad Place.

Hopefully they're not. Hopefully just stupid promos.