Kung Fu Kenny

Damontae Kazee: I struggle to slow down

70 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Depends on cuts and free agency. Hopefully we don't have to count on rooks to play major snaps. 

Fix the roster in free agency. Draft BPA beasts only. From now on. We'll be stacked. Trust me.

I feel what you’re saying, but we lack in both lines. Time to thinker up a bit on those lines. 

Sidecar Falcon and atljbo like this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I read the whole thing. If I said much more it would be redundant. I keep repeating the same thing

Kazee was still a ball hawk at corner in college, albeit outside it is just a natural ability for him.  While Rico will never be that player, what he did provide was a TON of stability / consistency on the back end. Maybe that will be Kazee next year with an extra year of experience and a healthier defense around him but for now along with a lot of turnovers there are a lot of explosive plays that go for points given up as well.

10 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I feel what you’re saying, but we lack in both lines. Time to thinker up a bit on those lines. 

Need to take a sledge hammer to both lines. Free agency, trades and draft.

There's still a fair amount of trench warfare goin on in this watered down league.

Not much though.

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

He is better than I imagined. It’s a thing. If you keep hearing something enough, you start repeating it. Rico doesn’t do half of what is repeated on this board

Well sheep repeat. Best to.research before repeating

18 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

It happened really early in the season so more recovery time and many of these ligament and tendon injuries aren’t nearly the setback they were years ago.

that's true. my nephew had a similar injury in high school and after rehabbing for about 11 months he came back faster. and that's at the high school level, think about what type of doctors are treating Rico

3 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

that's true. my nephew had a similar injury in high school and after rehabbing for about 11 months he came back faster. and that's at the high school level, think about what type of doctors are treating Rico

The good thing is because it happened so early, he's got plenty of time to heal overall. He and Neal should be more than ready to go next year. With Kazee balling, it's going to be fun.

raysnill1 likes this

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bro. Don't slow down. Just refine your tackling. This is the Goody era. You can't really maim players these days. It's a flag football league now. There's no doubt in my mind you would have been a frkn beast back in the real league. Very Scott Case like with bad intentions. Corner with elite ball skills that can bring pain when necessary. Can switch to safety in a pinch. Got blasted on TATF last year when I said you could immediately upgrade Rico Suave'. Overall an excellent job subbing for him this year. Made plenty plays. Won't forget. Make a couple more plays and go to a Pro Bowl. There's a spot for you on my roster. Trust me.

Yeah if kazee makes a couple more int he will definitely be going..him matt and julio probably the only ones going this year honestly 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

I would take 11 kazee’s on my team any day of the week. He has that passion for the game which is something you cannot teach.

Watching the cowboys beat the Saints last night. I was really impressed by how physical and violent there defensive line was. We have a couple guys who play that way but we need more of them on our line. You need guys that play with bad intentions on defense.

raysnill1 likes this

On 11/29/2018 at 5:58 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Depends on cuts and free agency. Hopefully we don't have to count on rooks to play major snaps. 

Fix the roster in free agency. Draft BPA beasts only. From now on. We'll be stacked. Trust me.

Oh, I trust you. You've been on a winning streak for awhile now.

On 11/29/2018 at 11:53 AM, Knight of God said:

Why NB when he’s far better at FS??? 

On 11/29/2018 at 0:08 PM, vel said:

Versatility. I agree he's a better FS, but Rico is good and he's going to be back. Letting Kazee play closer to the line without having to think about the FS responsibilities should let him ball hawk more in certain games. Much better than Poole and if they cut Alford, no other CB is a nickel guy. 

@Vandy

According to Kazee he prefers playing Corner. Look at the last question that Kelsey asked him.

Vandy likes this

On 11/29/2018 at 1:22 PM, Knight of God said:

That’s the ONLY reason I can think of

And because he doesn't allow big plays and is the better commincator bro. Kazee is the ball hawk we need at corner. Rico is the brains we need at safety. 

On 12/1/2018 at 3:50 PM, Vandy said:

I hear ya Cole...my thing is Rico coming back at full speed. Achilles injuries are tricky. 

Not anymore. Having torn mine recently, I feel like my repaired Achilles is stronger than my intact one. The only issue I've got is strength, but I'm also not a full time athlete with the time to get my full strength back. Remember, we said the same for Grimes years ago and he's still going. With a full season and offseason, I think Rico will be just fine. 

Better pass rush should make his job easier as well...