Kung Fu Kenny

Damontae Kazee: I struggle to slow down

70 posts in this topic

Just now, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

What game are they showing??

apparently the titans play the 4pm game this week and cbs has only one game this week--fox has double header so we get stuck with titans at 4 and no 1pm cbs game.

 

its ridiculous--i don't live in tennessee and when i did live in chattanooga i was still closer to the georgia dome than whatever stadium the titans play in...no big deal i just got off the phone with directv and they just game me sunday ticket for free for the rest of the year.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jgsbirds1 said:

apparently the titans play the 4pm game this week and cbs has only one game this week--fox has double header so we get stuck with titans at 4 and no 1pm cbs game.

 

its ridiculous--i don't live in tennessee and when i did live in chattanooga i was still closer to the georgia dome than whatever stadium the titans play in...no big deal i just got off the phone with directv and they just game me sunday ticket for free for the rest of the year.

It pays to pick up the phone.  Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It happened really early in the season so more recovery time and many of these ligament and tendon injuries aren’t nearly the setback they were years ago.

From experience I can tell you Achilles is perhaps the exception. It's been 10 years since I had Achilles surgery and I've never felt the same.. had to stop playing basketball because it would swell even years after the procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That’s the ONLY reason I can think of

Rico has much better eye discipline. Kazee is a play maker, but it’s clear as day he will give up more big plays than Rico. No reason to not sure up the back end while also giving Kazee the ability to ballhawk. Added to that his aggressive style could be a huge benefit closer to the line of scrimmage with teams running more bubble screens and getting balls into space for their playmakers he could blow those plays up before they even get started. 

Halcon-1 and atljbo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

Versatility. I agree he's a better FS, but Rico is good and he's going to be back. Letting Kazee play closer to the line without having to think about the FS responsibilities should let him ball hawk more in certain games. Much better than Poole and if they cut Alford, no other CB is a nickel guy. 

When Rico played nickel, he was phenomenal. One of the best there I've ever seen. I'm thinking the opposite of what you are tbh. Rico at nickel, Kazee at FS. 

But either option is fine. Rico was looking good this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only real surprise bright spot of the season. AND his talent was evident in pre season. We REALLY need to take pre season more seriously going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

 

 

Bro. Don't slow down. Just refine your tackling. This is the Goody era. You can't really maim players these days. It's a flag football league now. There's no doubt in my mind you would have been a frkn beast back in the real league. Very Scott Case like with bad intentions. Corner with elite ball skills that can bring pain when necessary. Can switch to safety in a pinch. Got blasted on TATF last year when I said you could immediately upgrade Rico Suave'. Overall an excellent job subbing for him this year. Made plenty plays. Won't forget. Make a couple more plays and go to a Pro Bowl. There's a spot for you on my roster. Trust me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rico is a much better NB actually. Kazee should stay at FS with a mixture of Neal shifting to LBer as a big nickel and Rico at SS, as well as Rico at NB in base. Need that ballhawking. Kazee wont be relied on as much to make tackles when Neal is healthy.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

From experience I can tell you Achilles is perhaps the exception. It's been 10 years since I had Achilles surgery and I've never felt the same.. had to stop playing basketball because it would swell even years after the procedure.

Depends entirely on your body. Brent Grimes tore his and people though he'd be trash because he relied so heavily on his leaping ability. He was a pro bowler for the next two seasons and out jumped Calvin Johnson in man coverage.

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

From experience I can tell you Achilles is perhaps the exception. It's been 10 years since I had Achilles surgery and I've never felt the same.. had to stop playing basketball because it would swell even years after the procedure.

I get that’s the hardest one to bounce back from, but in recent years players seem to be coming back better than ever from them. The technology today and the money they have for docs and rehab methods compared you you and I make it a different story. Not to mention rehab becomes their full time job after surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IA Falcon07 said:

Rico has much better eye discipline. Kazee is a play maker, but it’s clear as day he will give up more big plays than Rico. No reason to not sure up the back end while also giving Kazee the ability to ballhawk. Added to that his aggressive style could be a huge benefit closer to the line of scrimmage with teams running more bubble screens and getting balls into space for their playmakers he could blow those plays up before they even get started. 

NB gives you less of a chance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

If we get anything other than a lineman in the first three rounds I am not taking this team seriously 

If we pick top 5 it may be the right time to draft a QB per some around here :bang:

Knight of God likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

NB gives you less of a chance...

That’s incredibly generic. Poole has missed numerous opportunities on interceptions this season because he didn’t trust his intincts the way Kazee does. He’d have ample opportunity to buzz under outside routes in the cover 3 zones and crossing routes inside pending the play designs. Also neglecting what I mentioned as far as being able to use his aggressiveness more when he’s not the last line of defense to get in the back field, blow up screens, and occasionally blitz.

Bigger question becomes is Kazee getting an extra 2-3 picks a year worth also giving up an extra 7+ points a game? 

At the end of the day I like both Kazee and Rico on the field over Poole is a plus, but think Rico on the back end limits big plays and easy scores and getting Kazee on the field in almost any capacity will increase take aways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

That’s incredibly generic. Poole has missed numerous opportunities on interceptions this season because he didn’t trust his intincts the way Kazee does. He’d have ample opportunity to buzz under outside routes in the cover 3 zones and crossing routes inside pending the play designs. Also neglecting what I mentioned as far as being able to use his aggressiveness more when he’s not the last line of defense to get in the back field, blow up screens, and occasionally blitz.

Bigger question becomes is Kazee getting an extra 2-3 picks a year worth also giving up an extra 7+ points a game? 

At the end of the day I like both Kazee and Rico on the field over Poole is a plus, but think Rico on the back end limits big plays and easy scores and getting Kazee on the field in almost any capacity will increase take aways. 

Not generic, reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Not generic, reality.

Funny that you read one sentence and didn’t even both to read the rest. Oh well, times have changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

Funny that you read one sentence and didn’t even both to read the rest. Oh well, times have changed. 

I read the whole thing. If I said much more it would be redundant. I keep repeating the same thing

Monolith2001 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peyton said:

Yeah man I can't imagine why people want to put this ball hawk at nickel.  This dude looks like Atlanta's Ed Reed to me.

He is better than I imagined. It’s a thing. If you keep hearing something enough, you start repeating it. Rico doesn’t do half of what is repeated on this board

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

If we get anything other than a lineman in the first three rounds I am not taking this team seriously 

Depends on cuts and free agency. Hopefully we don't have to count on rooks to play major snaps. 

Fix the roster in free agency. Draft BPA beasts only. From now on. We'll be stacked. Trust me.

Halcon-1 and Knight of God like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now