Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

ESPN AND THE POLLS TRYING TO GET OHIO STATE INTO PLAYOFFS

23 posts in this topic

This crap is a joke. I've known for years that Ohio State is one of ESPN's darlings.  Its bad enough that they jumped Ohio State waay back up into the polls, they are now dissecting how they can get them into the final four.  I'm looking for some shenanigans in the SEC championship game. They want Bama to win in the worst way. ESPN has HEAVY influence on the polls. The better the viewership, the better the money they can pay out....

Edited by slickgadawg
Porter Osborne Jr likes this

I'm not following. They just abused the #4 team in the country and they're still ranked behind Oklahoma and I see no way they could jump Ok unless they lose to Texas. Who else would you rank ahead of them at this point?

4 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I'm not following. They just abused the #4 team in the country and they're still ranked behind Oklahoma and I see no way they could jump Ok unless they lose to Texas. Who else would you rank ahead of them at this point?

Check back with me Sunday afternoon... I see you are from the SHOW ME state...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Check back with me Sunday afternoon... I see you are from the SHOW ME state...:lol:

-OSU has been ranked behind Oklahoma this whole time.

-They just had one of the biggest statement wins of the season and still didn't jump Oklahoma. If there was a time to jump them in the rankings it would have been this week. They could have justified it after that win over Michigan.

-Oklahoma is playing a ranked Texas team to avenge their only loss of the year while OSU plays Northwestern.

-Add in the fact that Oklahoma has a heisman trophy candidate at QB.

-I don't see OSU pulling higher ratings than that OU offense. OSU could win or get blown out in the playoffs. With OU you're almost guaranteed an exciting 4 qtr game.  

But I guess if you look past all that, I could see OSU getting in over OU. ;) I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Porter Osborne Jr and Spts1 like this

10 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

-OSU has been ranked behind Oklahoma this whole time.

-They just had one of the biggest statement wins of the season and still didn't jump Oklahoma. If there was a time to jump them in the rankings it would have been this week. They could have justified it after that win over Michigan.

-Oklahoma is playing a ranked Texas team to avenge their only loss of the year while OSU plays Northwestern.

-Add in the fact that Oklahoma has a heisman trophy candidate at QB.

-I don't see OSU pulling higher ratings than that OU offense. OSU could win or get blown out in the playoffs. With OU you're almost guaranteed an exciting 4 qtr game.  

But I guess if you look past all that, I could see OSU getting in over OU. ;) I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

If Oklahoma barely beats Texas I can see Ohio State jumping over them. ( contigent on Georgia losing to Bama in which I expect some bad calls going against Georgia).  Wait and see...

On 11/28/2018 at 1:15 PM, UAB_DAWG said:

welp...

I haven’t seen a poll released yet. Still not sure how an Oklahoma team that avenged their one loss and showed some life on defense gets left out but who knows.

2 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I haven’t seen a poll released yet. Still not sure how an Oklahoma team that avenged their one loss and showed some life on defense gets left out but who knows.

Agreed, but I think OU and ND will get run through. 

The backlash of that would happen if they’d picked us though would be enough to keep us out.

”they had their shot”.....which is a very fair argument  

95Dawg likes this

Kirk Herbstreit and ESPN pulled a surprise on me. Herbstreit and Rece Davis ACTUALLY said Georgia should be one of the four playoff teams. Now, i still say the Bowl committee will bow down to the networks and slide Ohio State into the playoffs.  They know that the fans at large dont want yet another  Georgia vs Alabama rematch. Where I applaud ESPN is their ADMITTANCE that Georgia is one of the top teams. In fact they know Georgia IS the best team. To even APPROACH that subject was very surprising on their part.  Georgia so thoroughly dominated what everyone was saying was the best team of alltime forced even them to concede how good  Georgia is....

Edited by slickgadawg

I hope the committee sends a message and puts the last team in ahead of ND to let them know they need to be in a conference with a championship. 

Hopefully bama steamrolls in all their games.. force the committee to see that 4 teams isn’t the answer.. was a great step, but needs to be more

1 hour ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I hope the committee sends a message and puts the last team in ahead of ND to let them know they need to be in a conference with a championship. 

But see. This is another MAJOR point proving that NCAA football is a business and its affiliation with colleges are almost just in name only.  Notre Dame technically IS a member of the ACC.   They worked a contract  (BUSINESS) wherein they are a member of the ACC in every sport EXCEPT football. But get this: they have a contract that says they PLAY a ACC schedule in football but they are not a MEMBER in football. :lol:

Notre Dame gets to keep all the loot they make from their tv contract with NBC and game revenue and the ACC benefits from their tv contracts having the exposure of Notre Dame being on the schedule.  Notre Dame obviously gets the benefit of avoiding the ACC championship game but STILL is a part of the ACC Bowl tie in games :lol:

Notre Dame gets to avoid getting beat down by Clemson in the ACC championship game evey year...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg
Porter Osborne Jr likes this

On 11/28/2018 at 11:26 AM, slickgadawg said:

This crap is a joke. I've known for years that Ohio State is one of ESPN's darlings.  Its bad enough that they jumped Ohio State waay back up into the polls, they are now dissecting how they can get them into the final four.  I'm looking for some shenanigans in the SEC championship game. They want Bama to win in the worst way. ESPN has HEAVY influence on the polls. The better the viewership, the better the money they can pay out....

17 hours ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Welp.....

Spts1 likes this

On 11/28/2018 at 0:26 PM, slickgadawg said:

You need to delete thread.  You weren’t even close to being right.

Carter and Spts1 like this

On 11/28/2018 at 0:26 PM, slickgadawg said:

Since you wanna post dig.. let's bring up this cute little tantrum :rolleyes:

Spts1 likes this

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Since you wanna post dig.. let's bring up this cute little tantrum :rolleyes:

I was wrong there. Good post...:(