Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I Even Bleed Red

Senat on being inactive - “Coach wanted pass rushers in the game and I said ‘Yes sir,’ and that was it.”

69 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, isproab said:

I don't know guy.  Guess we come from and live in different worlds.  I've seen too much go down in the corporate world where good hard working people get put out to pasture because they are deemed non essential.  If my boss was like "don't come in today, we don't need you, but the check is still in the mail."  That may be nice every once in a while.  However, if that is a regular occurrence, at some point you have to wonder about your standing and when the ax is coming.

Helps if you know where the boss buried the bodies.

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hey, if coach says don't worry about playing because we don't need you but the check still clears, it's a win

I'd like that the check still cleared, but I would definitely be wondering about the continuity of those checks if my services are suddenly not needed and I'm new on the job.

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hey, if coach says don't worry about playing because we don't need you but the check still clears, it's a win

I see your point but I think long term wise it isn’t a win. The better and more consistent you look, the more money you’ll make on that second contract when it comes time. 

14 minutes ago, isproab said:

I don't know guy.  Guess we come from and live in different worlds.  I've seen too much go down in the corporate world where good hard working people get put out to pasture because they are deemed non essential.  If my boss was like "don't come in today, we don't need you, but the check is still in the mail."  That may be nice every once in a while.  However, if that is a regular occurrence, at some point you have to wonder about your standing and when the ax is coming.

I don't know guy. I have zero reason to feel that way because of the simple fact that I hardly ever have any real work to do, on top of that when I do have work I knock it out. Take this week for example, I haven't done a single thing all week. We're finally running a trial at 1. Don't assume your circumstances are the same as mine.

11 minutes ago, Trick Montalban said:

I see your point but I think long term wise it isn’t a win. The better and more consistent you look, the more money you’ll make on that second contract when it comes time. 

17 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I'd like that the check still cleared, but I would definitely be wondering about the continuity of those checks if my services are suddenly not needed and I'm new on the job.

that's on the boss and his vision for you. If the boss feels you don't fit in the gameplan, what can you do about it?

Sidenote, y'all are taking that far far too serious. I put lol for a reason. We most likely will never know what the "real" reason was whether this was it or not so what's the point in trying to dissect it.

PokerSteve and Trick Montalban like this

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I don't know guy. I have zero reason to feel that way because of the simple fact that I hardly ever have any real work to do, on top of that when I do have work I knock it out. Take this week for example, I haven't done a single thing all week. We're finally running a trial at 1. Don't assume your circumstances are the same as mine.

hence the we live in different worlds.  

PokerSteve likes this

I did look back and see his snaps had been cut dramatically against Dallas.  Maybe he has hit the "rookie wall" and the coaches just don't think he is playing that well.

Just now, isproab said:

hence the we live in different worlds.  

That's why I don't take many chances trying to compare myself to others. Most times it's a fail because I don't have much in common with most people on here

12 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I did look back and see his snaps had been cut dramatically against Dallas.  Maybe he has hit the "rookie wall" and the coaches just don't think he is playing that well.

Archer mentioned this on the Falcons Audible podcast.

Senat and Smith have taken a ton more snaps then they probably planned when they drafted them.  Smith anyway.

Senat had to take a ton of snaps due to necessity and their inaction in FA.

8 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Archer mentioned this on the Falcons Audible podcast.

Senat and Smith have taken a ton more snaps then they probably planned when they drafted them.  Smith anyway.

Senat had to take a ton of snaps due to necessity and their inaction in FA.

This is a lame assessment.

Why draft the guy if you don’t think he can ultimately handle a high workload on a consistent basis?

This team is a complete mess.  It starts at the top with its poor decision making, vision and attitude.

4 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

This is a lame assessment.

Why draft the guy if you don’t think he can ultimately handle a high workload on a consistent basis?

This team is a complete mess.  It starts at the top with its poor decision making, vision and attitude.

It happens though.

Kids don't come out of college ready to work a 12 hour day.

7 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

If Senat had hit the rookie wall, wasn't looking good in film breakdowns, or was a disciplinary move, so be it.

If it was purely a strategic move, it was spectacularly stupid.

I am going to go with stupid, because it has been a lot of that going on with this coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

heck yeah. wish my boss would say don't worry about coming in today, you'll still get paid for your normal hours. I wouldn't argue at all lol

So...you wish you could start at CB for the Falcons?

A lot of stupid is what's been mentioned in this thread.

I can't believe how so easily manipulated and fooled fans take a quote from a player.My god if you don't have the whole back round why comment.You just add to the problem and make yourself look stupid.

Commenting without all the information = TATF and then jump to conclusions.

You want to talk stupid well there it is.

I can't buy him being out for disciplinary reasons...his reply to the situation alone makes that less likely.  I think it is what it is...he wanted more pass rushers and let's be real Senat has not shown that skillset.  He has been unmovable which has paid dividends.   DQ bet on our pass rushers (lol) and rolled snake eyes in both the pass and run game.

vitaman and Flying Falcon like this