Cole World

DB Jamal Peters

11 posts in this topic

Jamal Peters plays CB for Miss St., but if we draft him I'll convert him to SS to back-up Neal.

6-2

If we get a 4th and a 5th Compensatory pick I'll use one on him.

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

Jamal Peters plays CB for Miss St., but if we draft him I'll convert him to SS to back-up Neal.

6-2

If we get a 4th and a 5th Compensatory pick I'll use one on him.

Why move him? He looks like a pretty good CB. I'd love to see him and Neal on the field at the same time. I'd hate to see someone get hit by both of them though.

Yo_Lover and Cole World like this

10 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

Why move him? He looks like a pretty good CB. I'd love to see him and Neal on the field at the same time. I'd hate to see someone get hit by both of them though.

Yes I suppose. I was basing my decision on Tru, Alford, Oliver, and Kazee/Allen being here and playing corner which would leave Peters out of the rotation.

I guess if Oliver continue to show improvement the rest of the season, and we feel confident in his ability to start we could draft Peters and cut Alford after as a June 1st designee.

5 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Don't see too many corners converting to SS, particularly in a scheme like ours where our SS is essentially a hybird LB.

Yeah true but we almost got to witness it this season with Kazee/Allen whomever was the SS before Allen went down. 

Edit: No to mention Peters has size on both of them.

Edited by Cole World

At 6-foot-2 and 218 pounds, Jamal Peters has a combination of size, length, and athleticism that will have scouts drooling. Peters can match up with big, physical WR at the next level.

Excels in man coverage and knows how to use his length effectively. Tracks the ball down the field and has the speed to recover, make a play on the pass. He can close explosively on underneath routes and cover a large are in zone coverages.

Peters has natural ball skills. Locates the football downfield. Uses length and speed to close separation in final steps, use long arms to swat passes away. Effective at rerouting receiver at the line, forcing them to the sideline. Can push wide receivers off route in vertical coverage, using good body position.