Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sidecar Falcon

Ravens plan to start Lamar Jackson vs. Falcons on Sunday

19 posts in this topic

Lamar Jackson is getting another chance to start at quarterback.

The Ravens plan to start the rookie against the Falcons on Sunday, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported, per sources informed of the situation.

Joe Flacco has not been medically cleared from his hip injury, Garafolo added. There's a chance that could change in the coming days, but the current plan is for Jackson to start for a third consecutive week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000993382/article/ravens-plan-to-start-lamar-jackson-vs-falcons-on-sunday

Just now, shock said:

Going to make watching the game live a lot more fun. Here’s hoping Debo makes his debut back from injury as well. 

We need a designated QB spy on Jackson at all times. I think it should be either Debo or Beasley. 

2 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Great, I was hoping for Flacco. It's not going to be fun watch our defense chasing him around and missing tackles.

Flacco would have been a tougher matchup. If we can shut down the run game, that’ll force Jackson to throw, which is his weakness. The downside is that we’ll have to completely sell out to the defending the run, in order to do so.

Jackson has a tendency of throwing low/loose balls that can/have been tipped at the LOS for turnovers. He usually makes one (maybe two reads) before he takes off running. Our DBs suck, so I’m hoping that they can guard their player long enough to force Jackson into making mistakes.  

Would rather have gone against Flacco --- I think. 
With Jackson starting now, I hope our offense can have some long, sustained drives and let our defense rest ---- they're gonna need it, after chasing the QB all day!  

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Flacco would have been a tougher matchup. If we can shut down the run game, that’ll force Jackson to throw, which is his weakness. The downside is that we’ll have to completely sell out to the defending the run, in order to do so.

Jackson has a tendency of throwing low/loose balls that can/have been tipped at the LOS for turnovers. He usually makes one (maybe two reads) before he takes off running. Our DBs suck, so I’m hoping that they can guard their player long enough to force Jackson into making mistakes.  

I am not so sure man. I was watching the Ravens last couple of games and I think the Ravens look more energized with Jackson at the helm. I am telling you, I think he will do enough passing that we will have to be honest and not be fooled by the rumors that he can't throw. His speed is going to surprise our defense and he is very elusive. I was watching the way he had the Bengals and Raiders defenses on edge chasing him around in the backfield. Our defense can't get to pocket passers and you know mobile QB's normally give us fits. But I hope your right, we need a win.

3 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I am not so sure man. I was watching the Ravens last couple of games and I think the Ravens look more energized with Jackson at the helm. I am telling you, I think he will do enough passing that we will have to be honest and not be fooled by the rumors that he can't throw. His speed is going to surprise our defense and he is very elusive. I was watching the way he had the Bengals and Raiders defenses on edge chasing him around in the backfield. Our defense can't get to pocket passers and you know mobile QB's normally give us fits. But I hope your right, we need a win.

I actually feel we struggle more with pocket QBs the last few years than with mobile QBs. Either way our defense is no good and it will be a struggle.

Sidecar Falcon and FalconinPA like this

4 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I actually feel we struggle more with pocket QBs the last few years than with mobile QBs. Either way our defense is no good and it will be a struggle.

You make be right over the last few years, but for a while we struggled with them. Let's pray our defense will be prepared.

17 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I live in MD so I’ve been able to see every snap he has taken. He’s extremely athletic and dangerous on the run. He’s going to make plays with his legs, that’s for certain. I doubt we get any significant pressure on him while he’s passing. Thankfully he’s extremely raw in the pass game.

He hasn’t broke 200 yards passing yet. Last game Andrews accounted for 74 of his 178 passing yards. His WRs are all cast offs from other teams. His most dangerous ones are smaller and fast. I expect a good amount of John Brown this game.

Our DBs will need to cover long enough for our dline to just get their hands up to potentially block his passes to . He usually dumps off to TEs if he doesn’t go down field. I expect us to get beaten deep a few times this game. Personally I would rather us get into a shootout with them than a TOP battle. If we can keep our defense semi-fresh, we just need to bide our time until he makes a mistake. 

FalconinPA likes this

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25395321/michael-vick-advice-baltimore-ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-proceed-caution

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Michael Vick believes Lamar Jackson has a chance to end his career with the most rushing yards of any NFL quarterback.

But Vick, who set the standard for running quarterbacks in the league, did offer some advice to the Baltimore Ravens rookie quarterback: "Proceed with caution."......

thought i would just add this. Quick read.

thought it was interesting on what vicks thoughts are on a couple QBs.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I live in MD so I’ve been able to see every snap he’s taken. He’s extremely athletic and dangerous on the run. He’s going to make plays with his legs, that’s for certain. I doubt we get any significant pressure on him while he’s passing. Thankfully he’s extremely raw in the pass game.

He hasn’t broke 200 yards passing yet. Last game Andrews account for 74 of his 178 passing yards. His WRs are all cast offs from other teams. His most dangerous ones are smaller and fast. I expect a good amount of John Brown this game.

Our DBs will need to cover long enough for our dline to just get their hands up to potentially block his passes to . He usually dumps off to TEs if he doesn’t go down field. I expect us to get beaten deep a few times this game. Personally I would rather us get into a shootout with them than a TOP battle. If we can keep our defense semi-fresh, we just need to bide our time until he makes a mistake. 

Good post. In the last game I think he had a nice fifty yard pass to Brown that was nullified by a penalty. But yes I hope we can force him into making rookie turnovers and mistakes early. I did see that he had a few passes blocked and he loves throwing that side arm pass.

2 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Good post. In the last game I think he had a nice fifty yard pass to Brown that was nullified by a penalty. But yes I hope we can force him into making rookie turnovers and mistakes early. I did see that he had a few passes blocked and he loves throwing that side arm pass.

Thank you. He throws a few loose balls with no zip on them. They tend to wobble a bit. This is usually his shorter passes. He and Edwards are a tough running combo to stop. 

FalconinPA likes this

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

We need a designated QB spy on Jackson at all times. I think it should be either Debo or Beasley. 

I think we should rotate a spy on Jackson and keep em guessing. Debo, Dre, Beasley, Irvin, Poole, Foye, you name it. If we shut him down they have no run game. Pass game either.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I think we should rotate a spy on Jackson and keep em guessing. Debo, Dre, Beasley, Irvin, Poole, Foye, you name it. If we shut him down they have no run game. Pass game either.

My only worry with a rotation is someone could mess up and forget their assignment, god knows our defense is trash. With a designated spy that would minimize that risk but leave us open to be more predictable on defense. I do like the idea of Foye, Debo, and Beasley rotating spy duties though. Both have their pros and cons. 

He have the athletes to spy him. For some reason i think we matchup good with Baltimore defensively......but that doesn't mean we will execute, and with that being said, I can see LJ making a few LB(Duke) and DBs(#29) look stupid on Sunday.