Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biscuits&Gravy

Baltimore @ ATL....

126 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I hear you man. I became this way in the late 80's as a teen. This team murders any optimism that I get. Now I just watch with very low expectations until they prove otherwise.

Late 80's I was still pissing in my diaper. But yea, i'm the same

FalconinPA likes this

9 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

For what it's worth, the Ravens fanbase has some of the sexiest women alive.

Well it must stop at the line to Pennsylvania. There are pretty women here, but most, I will leave it at that

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

Just now, FalconinPA said:

Well it must stop at the line to Pennsylvania. There are pretty women here, but most, I will leave it at that

Haha, maybe it's just the ones I saw when I was there, and the ones that travel here for games.  Or I'm a magnet for the hot ones?  That's the ticket!

FalconinPA and PokerSteve like this

On 11/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, Dr Long Shot said:

This is a terrible matchup for us on paper on offense and defense. If our offense had trouble scoring against the Browns, Cowboys, and Saints... well, Baltimore is better than them on defense by a decent margin so no reason to expect us to break out of our slump on that side of the field. And on defense there really isn't much to say; every matchup is a bad matchup for us.

No problemo, we pull our two most pathetic OL and bring in two mid-level scrubs to replace them. Bam! We run the ball for 250 yds/5 TD's, throw for another 3 or 4 TD's, then pray we can block that 18-yard FG attempt they'll have to win the game with one tick left.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

For what it's worth, the Ravens fanbase has some of the sexiest women alive.

Ehhhhhh, not really. Some are good looking but you usually see the girls from Dundalk. Plus there are so many cases of syphilis. 

2 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

I hear you man. I became this way in the late 80's as a teen. This team murders any optimism that I get. Now I just watch with very low expectations until they prove otherwise.

We all bit in 2016. All of us. We were definitely fooled

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

We all bit in 2016. All of us. We were definitely fooled

Yes, I went all in when we destroyed Green Bay in the NFC Championship game. I was excited but still cautious. You know the rest. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Just now, FalconinPA said:

Yes, I went all in when we destroyed Green Bay in the NFC Championship game. I was excited but still cautious. You know the rest. 

They’ll do it again. Either next season, or 2020, they will have a great year, go 12-4, and look so promising. We will get excited, and they will stomp on our hearts. It’s like telling yourself you’ll never trust the drug addict in your life again, but the second you give in just a little, they let you down. That’s the Atlanta Falcons 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

They’ll do it again. Either next season, or 2020, they will have a great year, go 12-4, and look so promising. We will get excited, and they will stomp on our hearts. It’s like telling yourself you’ll never trust the drug addict in your life again, but the second you give in just a little, they let you down. That’s the Atlanta Falcons 

Am I hearing you right? I remember you being more of the optimistic people on these boards, not that being optimistic is bad either

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Late 80's I was still pissing in my diaper. But yea, i'm the same

lol

The crazy thing is, I starting following the Falcons in the 70’s and never looked back AND I’m from Chicago (born and raised).

ya_boi_j likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Am I hearing you right? I remember you being more of the optimistic people on these boards, not that being optimistic is bad either

I definitely lean more towards the side of optimism than I do on negativity. I don’t like having a defeatist attitude. But I don’t say things that are overly radical. I think I’m rational towards the team and see things as a whole. For instance, I won’t say things like “Trufant is complete garbage.” I think there’s more to it. Has he been a disappointment this season? Of course. But he’s not a lost cause either.

FalconinPA likes this

1 minute ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

lol

The crazy thing is, I starting following the Falcons in the 70’s and never looked back AND I’m from Chicago (born and raised).

I'll never understand why you guys from places like that torture yourself watching this team for so long lol

Biscuits&Gravy likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I'll never understand why you guys from places like that torture yourself watching this team for so long lol

LMAO!!!

I was (I think) 8, maybe 7 years old. 

I didn’t know better -lol

at that time I thought the helmet and logo was bad ***. I also was the kind of kid that would do the opposite of everyone else (so imagine I’m in Chicago watching the Falcons play the Bears and the stadium is packed with Bears fans and here is this kid cheering for the Falcons) let’s just say, I embarrassed my Uncles ( they are season ticket holders and it was the last time they took me) lmao 

ya_boi_j likes this

6 minutes ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

LMAO!!!

I was (I think) 8, maybe 7 years old. 

I didn’t know better -lol

at that time I thought the helmet and logo was bad ***. I also was the kind of kid that would do the opposite of everyone else (so imagine I’m in Chicago watching the Falcons play the Bears and the stadium is packed with Bears fans and here is this kid cheering for the Falcons) let’s just say, I embarrassed my Uncles ( they are season ticket holders and it was the last time they took me) lmao 

:lol::lol::lol:

17 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I definitely lean more towards the side of optimism than I do on negativity. I don’t like having a defeatist attitude. But I don’t say things that are overly radical. I think I’m rational towards the team and see things as a whole. For instance, I won’t say things like “Trufant is complete garbage.” I think there’s more to it. Has he been a disappointment this season? Of course. But he’s not a lost cause either.

yeah, I think you are one of the better posters on this board for sure. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

I'm going to the game (My first at the Benz) with my boys for their first ever NFL game, so obviously I want a win, but don't care if they win another one after this.....maybe a losing season will open some eyes at the very top and get some changes rolling in.