Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biscuits&Gravy

Baltimore @ ATL....

126 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

With it being announced that Lamar Jackson is starting, I think we have a better chance of winning if....

we put a Spy on LJ, stop the run and force LJ to pass (Kazee will be all over those passes/ I say two picks if we can force him to throw a lot).

protect Ryan and DQ manages the time better , we should get a win.

(I know that’s asking a lot but it’s about time these falcons show up and play some football)

^ This. If Debo is back I think he or Beasley should spy him. Let Kazee hawk any tipped balls. 

Biscuits&Gravy likes this

3 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

^ This. If Debo is back I think he or Beasley should spy him. Let Kazee hawk any tipped balls. 

Especially if Debo is back! I can see Kazee having his best game this season.

1 hour ago, Pay the Zebra said:

This is a bad matchup. The Ravens aren't a great team overall but their defense is stingy. They don't commit penalities or get burned often.

Ravens 24

Falcons 20

I thought it was too but I think we have a good chance of beating them. Take full advantage of them starting Lamar Jackson. As I have mentioned before, put a spy on him, shut the run down and if we do a better job of protecting Ryan we got this W.

We can't run, no pass blocking, the defense is like flex tape on a broken water pipe, and we cannot stop rushing QBs.  This is a bad match up for us.  Their DL will be on Ice like white on rice. 

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Playoff wins DQ 3 Smitty 1. I'll take DQ any day.

I'm not saying Smitty is better. I'm saying DQ is not good at fixing things that need to be fixed. First 5 seasons with Smitty, we never lost 3 in a row. 

With DQ, we had a 6 game losing streak with a bye in-between in 2015.  3 game losing streak with a bye in-between in 2017. And now in 2018, a 3 game losing streak earlier, and possible 3+ game losing streak. DQ is doing something wrong with preparation in the week fixing the issues. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Let’s  just say the Falcons get the L and the D looks horrendous (like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off)

Will Marquand Manuel get fired or do you think all moves will happen after the final game of the season? 

Or is DQ calling plays now or will he for this game?

Also... would like to hear more score predictions.

153C70FB-52F8-4DBF-A4CA-45055EE7D56E.jpeg

Just reading through all of these colored shade comments, I can  just imagine the reaction if Jackson rushes for 100+ yards and puts on a passing clinic. Board is due for an epic meltdown

FalconinPA likes this

We ALWAYS make new/rookie QB's look like Tom Brady. He will probably destroy us. Our coaches simply can't coach well when they have no film on a guy. It is pretty sad how our fundamental schemes can't account for something we don't have a ton of tape on.

So another massacre from a team with a decent defense and we make Jackson look like Brady/Vick all in one.

Lamar Jackson wont even have to do much on Sunday. Alex Collins is going to drop a fat turd on this defense. He’s a hard nose runner with really good speed and vision..which should make this sorry defense fold. 

28 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Just reading through all of these colored shade comments, I can  just imagine the reaction if Jackson rushes for 100+ yards and puts on a passing clinic. Board is due for an epic meltdown

I honestly might enjoy that more than I should. I love watching LJ play.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

I honestly might enjoy that more than I should. I love watching LJ play.

If I was a fan of scrambling QB's I would say the same

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If I was a fan of scrambling QB's I would say the same

Their definitely not my ideal type of QB if I were to choose but ever since LJs highschool tapes went viral I’ve been a fan. He’d be a defenses worst nightmare if he ever pans close to Watsons passing ability and gets a legit weapon like Nuk.

ya_boi_j and FalconinPA like this

20 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Their definitely not my ideal type of QB if I were to choose but ever since LJs highschool tapes went viral I’ve been a fan. He’d be a defenses worst nightmare if he ever pans close to Watsons passing ability and gets a legit weapon like Nuk.

I agree

ya_boi_j and Jerz #Quinning like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

+1

ya_boi_j likes this

27 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Yeah I agree. I don't remember if I said it in this thread or not. If he improves as a passer and manages to stay healthy, he's gonna be everything Vick and RG3 wanted to be. At least RG3. I can't honestly say Vick truly wanted to be a passer

Jerz #Quinning likes this

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah I agree. I don't remember if I said it in this thread or not. If he improves as a passer and manages to stay healthy, he's gonna be everything Vick and RG3 wanted to be. At least RG3. I can't honestly say Vick truly wanted to be a passer

Who knows what Vick wanted to be smh. Every time I think about what Vick could have been with that talent I get pissed. I was never crazy about him but seeing talent like that go to waste is lame.

Biscuits&Gravy and ya_boi_j like this

While I hope the Falcons win, I've accepted that the season is lost.  A loss will not sting to me because it just means we get a higher draft pick.  

1 minute ago, Mescalito said:

While I hope the Falcons win, I've accepted that the season is lost.  A loss will not sting to me because it just means we get a higher draft pick.  

I got a co worker who's still getting bummed out about losing. I'm like dude, you're a Falcons, Hawks and GT fan, this should be normal for you. Man up

52 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I got a co worker who's still getting bummed out about losing. I'm like dude, you're a Falcons, Hawks and GT fan, this should be normal for you. Man up

I was like your co worker for many years and it wasn’t until this season (unfortunately) that I realized that it is what it is. That we should not be suprised in the way they play or the way they coach, etc..

i will always be committed to them but will need to expect these types of ups and downs.

hopefully one day they will pleasantly surprise all of us and win the SB.

1 minute ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

I was like your co worker for many years and it wasn’t until this season (unfortunately) that I realized that it is what it is. That we should not be suprised in the way they play or the way they coach, etc..

i will always be committed to them but will need to expect these types of ups and downs.

hopefully one day they will pleasantly surprise all of us and win the SB.

I've been the way I am since 24-2. I will never in my life get my hopes up for this team again. My optimism is shot dead

FalconinPA likes this

Last time I went to a game vs the Ravens, I saw how those fans travel.  It was a Thursday night game, and those ************* are NUTS.  Even had a few fights and people vomiting in the Dome, which I wasn't expecting at all from that matchup.  As for this game, we're boned if Jackson starts.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I've been the way I am since 24-2. I will never in my life get my hopes up for this team again. My optimism is shot dead

I will continue to watch the games but have lowered my expectations.

I just don’t put all of my energy into them as I use too. 

ya_boi_j likes this

The off season is very long and seems to get longer each year. Win or lose appreciate the football season. Not watching doesn't make free agency or the draft come around sooner.

On a different note, the Hawks actually won a game the other day! Did anyone see that?

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I hear you man. I became this way in the late 80's as a teen. This team murders any optimism that I get. Now I just watch with very low expectations until they prove otherwise.

ya_boi_j likes this