Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biscuits&Gravy

Baltimore @ ATL....

126 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Hate on Smitty all you want but multiple losses in a row were uncommon with Smitty. Whenever we get in a deep hole with DQ, the team seems to fold. 

So were playoff wins.

We need to come out with some wrinkles and get up early on that defense.

Then throw some more wrinkles at em in the second half.

If we can I think we can control their offense and turn em over. 

We need this win plus the next eight to get what we want.

Ravens defense is decent, but I think it’s a bit overrated. Taking a look at their schedule they have played. 

Steelers x 2, Bengals x 2, Browns, Bills, Broncos, Titans, Saints, Panthers, & Raiders.

They currently stand at 5-5, losing to the Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Saints, and Panthers. The Ravens offense is one dimensional right now with Jackson. They run a lot with minimal passing.

I believe that if we stack the box and sell out against the run, we may have a shot. I doubt we get any real pressure on Jackson while passing, so he’ll make a few big throws during the game because our DBs are bad. However it beats the alternative of letting them control the clock and tire out our defense with runs.

Jackson has a habit of throwing low/loose balls that can be tipped at the LOS. If we can get a few turnovers like the previous team has with top passes, it’ll set us up for at least good field position  

Biscuits&Gravy likes this

#1 defense?

Perfect opportunity for the Falcon Oline to rise to the occasion and then strike fear into the hearts of the rest of the league.

45 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Ravens defense is decent, but I think it’s a bit overrated. Taking a look at their schedule they have played. 

Steelers x 2, Bengals x 2, Browns, Bills, Broncos, Titans, Saints, Panthers, & Raiders.

They currently stand at 5-5, losing to the Steelers, Bengals, Browns, Saints, and Panthers. The Ravens offense is one dimensional right now with Jackson. They run a lot with minimal passing.

I believe that if we stack the box and sell out against the run, we may have a shot. I doubt we get any real pressure on Jackson while passing, so he’ll make a few big throws during the game because our DBs are bad. However it beats the alternative of letting them control the clock and tire out our defense with runs.

Jackson has a habit of throwing low/loose balls that can be tipped at the LOS. If we can get a few turnovers like the previous team has with top passes, it’ll set us up for at least good field position  

Totally agree.

i can see Kazee getting at least one pick if not two. 

Hopefully the coaches and players took advantage of these extra days between games and got their  S**t together.

Sidecar Falcon and PokerSteve like this

I'm sure Quinn and his awesome coaching staff will come up with a great scheme and play calling to get us a win (purple)

Surely we won't continue to the same things over and over and over again. 

38 minutes ago, Biscuits&Gravy said:

Totally agree.

i can see Kazee getting at least one pick if not two. 

Hopefully the coaches and players took advantage of these extra days between games and got their  S**t together.

If Debo is back, he should be able to make an impact with broken plays. I hope the coaching staff gets their $hit together as well. I’m willing to let them attempt to beat us in the pass game rather than letting them gash us in the run game. Beasley might be the unsung hero in this game if they put him as a designated QB spy. 

Biscuits&Gravy likes this

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

We'll be fine. 

We have the toss-sweep.

It usually loses 5 yards, against the Ravens I think 7 yard losses should be in order 

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

There are only 7 teams in the NFL that have been worse at stopping the run than the Falcons.

This is where the attrition on the dline really catches up to them.

35 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

If Debo is back, he should be able to make an impact with broken plays. I hope the coaching staff gets their $hit together as well. I’m willing to let them attempt to beat us in the pass game rather than letting them gash us in the run game. Beasley might be the unsung hero in this game if they put him as a designated QB spy. 

Or Irvin might finally show up ;) 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

3 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Hate on Smitty all you want but multiple losses in a row were uncommon with Smitty. Whenever we get in a deep hole with DQ, the team seems to fold. 

To Quinn's defense, Hthis will be his only "losing" season, and he and TD have drafted better early in this regime with lower picks than "The Smith & TD" era.

Abraham was HOF bonafide pass-rusher, and he loved doing it. Smith inherited Abraham.

He is better than Beasley, Takk, and the others.

Turner was better. The O-Line was better overall.

Tony Gonzalez, Roddy, and Julio (was more of a  "homerun threat" )Michael Jenkins and Douglass at WR.

What a shame: Terrell Suggs is better than any and everyone on The Falcons entire Defensive Line. Suggs is better than McKinley and Beasley

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

There are only 7 teams in the NFL that have been worse at stopping the run than the Falcons.

This is where the attrition on the dline really catches up to them.

Agreed. It’s still the best game plan against a run heavy team. I think we get burned a few times but based on what I’ve seen from Jackson this season it may be enough to get the win. 

Its ok guys, you can always count on group hugs after the loss by your one and only

Mr. Home Depot. (Clock hits 00:00)

AB: Come here you Quinn (tight hug)

5 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

They sure do.

The #2 pass defense in the league....

1 team has thrown for over 300 yards against them.... oddly enough it was the Browns.

Every good passing team has scored 20+ on them outside of 1 game against the Steelers. 

This is a bad matchup. The Ravens aren't a great team overall but their defense is stingy. They don't commit penalities or get burned often.

Ravens 24

Falcons 20

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We need to come out with some wrinkles and get up early on that defense.

Then throw some more wrinkles at em in the second half.

If we can I think we can control their offense and turn em over. 

We need this win plus the next eight to get what we want.

**** man.. I had you all wrong.. 

9 hours ago, high impact said:

With the Falcons ya just have to hold your breath. If they come out with all that fire like in the Browns game then they are done. If Quinn comes out thinking all is good to go then they are done.

Oh and lets not forget the Falcons are playing a rookie QB with 2 starts to his name. Lamar Jackson will be putting on a show for over 300 yards in the air and maybe 50 plus on the ground. I am getting a bad feeling about this game. 

I sure hope I am wrong and that the light comes on for our team. Maybe this is the game that they start the turn around and taking pride in each other and playing as a unit and stop being the problem. 

We always make rookie and back up qbs look elite 

7 hours ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

Playoff wins DQ 3 Smitty 1. I'll take DQ any day.

With it being announced that Lamar Jackson is starting, I think we have a better chance of winning if....

we put a Spy on LJ, stop the run and force LJ to pass (Kazee will be all over those passes/ I say two picks if we can force him to throw a lot).

protect Ryan and DQ manages the time better , we should get a win.

(I know that’s asking a lot but it’s about time these falcons show up and play some football)