Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biscuits&Gravy

Baltimore @ ATL....

126 posts in this topic

Who wins?

Baltimore leads the series 3-2.

10/19/14 ATL 7 @ BAL 29 W

11/11/10 BAL 21 @ ATL 26 L

11/19/06 ATL 10 @ BAL 24 W

11/03/02 BAL17 @ ATL20 L

10/03/99 BAL 19 @ ATL 13 W/OT

Im on the fence on this game. I am leaning towards Falcons getting the W but I don’t think it’s going to be easy.

i just hope in these extra days of rest and/or preparation for Sunday’s game, we can get our act together and get that W!

i also don’t know much about Baltimore but I do know the games (this season) we should’ve won but we didn’t. 

So is this again one of those games?

I’ll go with ATL winning in OT by a FG.

27-24

whats your prediction?

With the Falcons ya just have to hold your breath. If they come out with all that fire like in the Browns game then they are done. If Quinn comes out thinking all is good to go then they are done.

Oh and lets not forget the Falcons are playing a rookie QB with 2 starts to his name. Lamar Jackson will be putting on a show for over 300 yards in the air and maybe 50 plus on the ground. I am getting a bad feeling about this game. 

I sure hope I am wrong and that the light comes on for our team. Maybe this is the game that they start the turn around and taking pride in each other and playing as a unit and stop being the problem. 

PokerSteve likes this

That front 7 is gonna eat our o-line and kill Matt. This might be the game that Matt throws multiple picks. Our defense about to be running around like headless chickens trying to get Lamar Jackson. I’m expecting a blowout if anything, much less a win at this point. 

papachaz, Rgunzz and PokerSteve like this

#1 defense in the NFL?

It's going to be a long day for the Falcons.

The Falcons offense has looked good feasting on bad defenses but lately the defenses have gotten better and the offense has come down to Earth.

But it's OK.  We drafted a WR in the first round so he can run routes while Matt is getting hit before he can make it to the 2nd read...

Two words.  **** Show

The AFC has been a house of horrors for the Falcons lately, especially at home.

We are 0-7 vs. the AFC North going back to 2014, and could get swept again this year in 2018. We were 2-1-1 vs the AFC North in 2002, 2-2 in 2006, and 3-1 in 2010.

We have lost 9 of our last 10 AFC games since the Chargers loss in 2016. That includes the Patriots loss in the Super Bowl too.

We are 1-10 at home vs the AFC since 2013, 1-6 under Dan Quinn. His only win was 2015 against the Houston Texans, and since we lost to the Colts with a backup QB we are on a 6 game losing skid at home vs. the AFC. That’s the worst record among any NFC team against AFC opponents at home the past 6 seasons.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-5-early-odds-patriots-open-as-huge-favorites-colts-get-crack-at-josh-mcdaniels/

The greatest lock in sports over the past two years has been betting against the Falcons when they play an AFC team. Since Week 7 of 2016, the Falcons have gone 1-6 straight-up against AFC teams and 0-7 ATS, which includes their loss to the Bengals on Sunday. If you need a bigger sample size, the Falcons are 5-16 ATS against the AFC since the beginning of the 2013 season.

Now 0-9 against the spread after the Steelers and Browns and 5-18 since 2013. Think Lamar Jackson starting instead of Flacco is going to make those chances any better for us? Not to mention the Ravens have the #1 total and scoring D too. 

10 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

The AFC has been a house of horrors for the Falcons lately, especially at home.

We are 0-7 vs. the AFC North going back to 2014, and could get swept again this year in 2018. We were 2-1-1 vs the AFC North in 2002, 2-2 in 2006, and 3-1 in 2010.

We have lost 9 of our last 10 AFC games since the Chargers loss in 2016. That includes the Patriots loss in the Super Bowl too.

We are 1-10 at home vs the AFC since 2013, 1-6 under Dan Quinn. His only win was 2015 against the Houston Texans, and since we lost to the Colts with a backup QB we are on a 6 game losing skid at home vs. the AFC. That’s the worst record among any NFC team against AFC opponents at home the past 6 seasons.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-5-early-odds-patriots-open-as-huge-favorites-colts-get-crack-at-josh-mcdaniels/

The greatest lock in sports over the past two years has been betting against the Falcons when they play an AFC team. Since Week 7 of 2016, the Falcons have gone 1-6 straight-up against AFC teams and 0-7 ATS, which includes their loss to the Bengals on Sunday. If you need a bigger sample size, the Falcons are 5-16 ATS against the AFC since the beginning of the 2013 season.

Now 0-9 against the spread after the Steelers and Browns and 5-18 since 2013. Think Lamar Jackson starting instead of Flacco is going to make those chances any better for us? Not to mention the Ravens have the #1 total and scoring D too. 

Good info for me but not for the falcons :(  wow it’s going to be tougher then I thought. 

14 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

#1 defense in the NFL?

It's going to be a long day for the Falcons.

The Falcons offense has looked good feasting on bad defenses but lately the defenses have gotten better and the offense has come down to Earth.

But it's OK.  We drafted a WR in the first round so he can run routes while Matt is getting hit before he can make it to the 2nd read...

Two words.  **** Show

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Your correct, Baltimore has the # 1 D.

Baltimore (18 points a game allowed)

Buffalo

Minnesota 

18 minutes ago, octoslash said:

We'll be fine. 

We have the toss-sweep.

I lol'd, +1

On a serious note, we've decent shot of winning bc we're well rested with Jones back. Our OL will magically play improved. 

octoslash likes this

They will watch the Browns tape and run a high school offense. Our Defense will look lost like normal while Lamar will run for 100+ and as a team they will have 200+ rush yards. 

But the Ravens struggle against passing offenses so we will score as well.

Falcons 24
Ravens 21

Found this USA Today article-

The home team usually gets spotted three points if the oddsmakers believe the teams are even.

The Falcons are not very good though, so they’ve opened as three-point underdogs for this week’s game against the Ravens, even though they’re playing at Mercedes-Benz Stadium, per the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook.

Fans who have been following Atlanta closely this season should not be terribly surprised by this. The Falcons have lost three games in a row. While few people expected them to beat the Saints in New Orleans, they also dropped winnable games against Dallas and Cleveland the previous two weeks.

One factor that could shift the odds is the status of middle linebacker Deion Jones. He has sat out the last two games despite being activated from the injured reserve list. If he plays, it would give Atlanta’s defense a tremendous boost where it’s needed most.

The last time these teams met was in October of 2014 in Baltimore. The Ravens stomped the Falcons 29-7 in that game, thanks in part to posting five sacks on Matt Ryan.

Baltimore has won three of five all-time meetings.

(Jones will be a boost for D but this is going to be more about our OL protecting Ryan. If we can protect Ryan then we get the W.)

18 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

They will watch the Browns tape and run a high school offense. Our Defense will look lost like normal while Lamar will run for 100+ and as a team they will have 200+ rush yards. 

But the Ravens struggle against passing offenses so we will score as well.

Falcons 24
Ravens 21

They sure do.

The #2 pass defense in the league....

1 team has thrown for over 300 yards against them.... oddly enough it was the Browns.

24 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Yep, Lamar Jackson will break some type of record and be the star of the NFL for the next week. 

This is a terrible matchup for us on paper on offense and defense. If our offense had trouble scoring against the Browns, Cowboys, and Saints... well, Baltimore is better than them on defense by a decent margin so no reason to expect us to break out of our slump on that side of the field. And on defense there really isn't much to say; every matchup is a bad matchup for us.

Biscuits&Gravy likes this

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

This is a terrible matchup for us on paper on offense and defense. If our offense had trouble scoring against the Browns, Cowboys, and Saints... well, Baltimore is better than them on defense by a decent margin so no reason to expect us to break out of our slump on that side of the field. And on defense there really isn't much to say; every matchup is a bad matchup for us.

I agree. I don't think it matters but I hope they start Flacco over Jackson. We lose either way but Jackson's running ability will spell instant doom for us. If we can't pass on their defense which we should be able too, it will be a really long day. 

5 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I agree. I don't think it matters but I hope they start Flacco over Jackson. We lose either way but Jackson's running ability will spell instant doom for us. If we can't pass on their defense which we should be able too, it will be a really long day. 

In retrospect Falcons have had a pretty grueling schedule this year. Even a completely healthy team would probably not have more than 6 wins right now IMHO. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

a rookie is starting this game. We already know the rest

I found this. 

We aren’t even in the top 10 but I still agree we don’t do well against Rookie QBs. At least we aren’t in the top 10.

NFL’s worst records against rookie QBs since 2011?

Bucs 1-10
Jaguars 5-9
Browns 6-10
Vikings 5-6
Raiders 3-3
Bills 7-7
49ers 6-5
Redskins 8-6
Chiefs 4-3
Titans 9-6
Eagles 6-4

(USA Today)