datchrisb1

Fletcher Cox Jr

17 posts in this topic

I've been telling my ppls Simmons remind me of Fletcher.... Ive seen all his Miss State games the last 2 years just to watch him play.

 

Can we feel comfortable after his pre college issue is the only question.

atlbaby likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a big fan but his arrest and DV charge are hard to ignore. Doubt the Falcons consider him unless nobody else makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

I'm a big fan but his arrest and DV charge are hard to ignore. Doubt the Falcons consider him unless nobody else makes sense. 

Normally, charges like this would be an automatic write off for me. But I did some digging, and I think he's actually a good person who made a terrible mistake.

Apparently, the woman in the video was insulting his dead nephews that he was very close to. He always has them in his thoughts. Shoot, if someone was insulting my dead family, I'd have a hard time restraining myself if I was his age. Not saying what he did was justified. But he was 18. Peyton Manning exposed himself and harassed a female trainer when he was 19 - I'd argue that was worse, since he wasn't even goaded into it.

He's kept his nose clean, he's intelligent, and he's got a warrior's heart. I would take him in an instant. And when the Falcons do their due diligence, I hope they would too.

atlbaby and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Normally, charges like this would be an automatic write off for me. But I did some digging, and I think he's actually a good person who made a terrible mistake.

Apparently, the woman in the video was insulting his dead nephews that he was very close to. He always has them in his thoughts. Shoot, if someone was insulting my dead family, I'd have a hard time restraining myself if I was his age. Not saying what he did was justified. But he was 18. Peyton Manning exposed himself and harassed a female trainer when he was 19 - I'd argue that was worse, since he wasn't even goaded into it.

He's kept his nose clean, he's intelligent, and he's got a warrior's heart. I would take him in an instant. And when the Falcons do their due diligence, I hope they would too.

We'll see. I agree with you. I just think they tried this with Shembo recently and got burned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prince Shembo situation is much different than Jeffrey Simmons. I graduated from MSU when Simmons enter his freshman year. That incident was not as bad as it seems. The woman on the video was beaten up his cousin or sister so he jumped in. He was defending his family. Ever since he got to State, he has been a stellar student athlete. He is the leader of that defense. Everyone on the team respect and response to him. Simmons is a nasty and physical player. He is somewhere between Chris Jones and Fletcher Cox.

g-dawg and atlbaby like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vel said:

We'll see. I agree with you. I just think they tried this with Shembo recently and got burned. 

True. Joe Mixon was in the same boat as well and he has been relatively clean ever since. Just depends on the person. Shembo was a little more of a headcase though. 

vel likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

True. Joe Mixon was in the same boat as well and he has been relatively clean ever since. Just depends on the person. Shembo was a little more of a headcase though. 

Wonder what the impact of more current cases popping up will have on past cases. It sounds like he had a bad moment while he was young and being antagonized and has kept his head on straight since. Add Kareem Hunt to the growing list as of today though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, lju713 said:

This is who i want us to draft.

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After further review I am now all the way on the Simmons train. He is strong with his bull rush but also has a good swim move and he recognizes plays fast. He is exactly what we need on the DL. And I no longer think we will draft an O lineman 1st rd, especially not high where we'll be picking. But if Andre Dillard falls to our 2nd pick we turn that card in ASAP. The other names I'm interested in are Shane Lemieux (if he declares), Tytus Howard, and Chuma Edoga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to get more on the Derrick Brown train. I just think he might be the better fit to go with Grady because yes he is less up field, less penetrating, but he is more stout against the run and controlling of the line of scrimmage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now