Really miss FB Dimarco

GABLACKBIRD

15 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Still don’t know why we let him go. Unless he just really wanted to leave for some reason, would giving him 3 mil a year really hurt us? 

Other teams will take pieces of success (2016). The Bills must have thought that he was a big missing piece, and that they were on the verge of something spectacular. They paid a lot of money for a FB.

The staff and regime have to do a better job of replacing players like that.

Teams are going ot signing players away to show their fanbase that they are trying to build something from a "hot organization of the moment" The Bills did that "Look! We signed the FB of The young Falcons!"

Falcons signed Dan Quinn because he was a cog from The Seahawks who were the hot team, and they had the best defense in The World.

Before that, Gus Bradley was their Defensive Coordinator, and The Jaguars signed him as Head Coach..

This is a typical Thomas Dimitroff move, got to save a  couple million when you have one of the best FBs in the game that is clearing lanes for your running game.  Oh lets get Derrick Coleman, oh lets get Ricky Ortiz.  HA.  Who are those guys again?

Thats right they have to make room to pay Matt Ryan and Julio Jones to lose key players on the team.  Give me the entire 2016 roster and coaching staff over any of this crap they put together.

Edited by R_The_Great

On 11/27/2018 at 3:04 AM, FalconJim said:

I've always said, this will go down as one of the biggest blunders (personnel-wise) EVER for the Falcons!  Our run game has never looked the same, especially, down near the goal line... 

What makes this even more frustrating/bizarre is that the Falcons has Jalston Fowler in camp, but never gave any consideration to evaluating him since they were so high on Ortiz.

10 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

What makes this even more frustrating/bizarre is that the Falcons has Jalston Fowler in camp, but never gave any consideration to evaluating him since they were so high on Ortiz.

Surely they were both adequately evaluated, but for whatever reason, Ortiz won.  
I'd have to research it, but I wonder if Fowler got on with another team --- and if not, maybe we could bring him back in and give him a second chance....it's a cinch, Ortiz ain't gettin' the job done! 

I think this is one of those things we all agree one. DiMarco was a very effective player for this team. I hate that we let him go. I know he is a fullback, but he was an excellent one and I always felt like he was good for at least a few 1st downs a game.