Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falcons007

No BS look at Falcons CB.

51 posts in this topic

Here is the look at CB in coverage. 

Alford has been trash. He is the worst in NFL giving up highest QB rating in coverage. If the teams have to drive down to win, throw where Alford is for the win.

QB Rating:

Alford: 141

Oliver :128

Poole: 106

Trufant:103

if Trufant hadn’t dropped those interceptions, he would easily be the best CB allowing lowest QB rating. 

Targets/Receptions/Yards/TD

Alford : 53/36/647/5 TD

Trufant: 60/42/470/3 TD

Poole: 49/33/342/4 TD

Oliver: 18/12/136/3 TD. 

Oliver has been disappointing, giving up most TD/Snaps. It’s expected that he is a rookie but he is getting beat like a drum. Trufant has least yards/snap and Alford has most yards/snap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Wow, that's a lot of garbage in our secondary.

This makes me wonder what if anything will happen this off-season.  Something/someone has to change.

FalconinPA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

This makes me wonder what if anything will happen this off-season.  Something/someone has to change.

Still think it's more of a DLine and bad injury replacement problem than the corners. They aint world beaters but they are way better than they played this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Here is the look at CB in coverage. 

Alford has been trash. He is the worst in NFL giving up highest QB rating in coverage. If the teams have to drive down to win, throw where Alford is for the win.

QB Rating:

Alford: 141

Oliver :128

Poole: 106

Trufant:103

if Trufant hadn’t dropped those interceptions, he would easily be the best CB allowing lowest QB rating. 

Targets/Receptions/Yards/TD

Alford : 53/36/647/5 TD

Trufant: 60/42/470/3 TD

Poole: 49/33/342/4 TD

Oliver: 18/12/136/3 TD. 

Oliver has been disappointing, giving up most TD/Snaps. It’s expected that he is a rookie but he is getting beat like a drum. Trufant has least yards/snap and Alford has most yards/snap. 

An awesome defensive front will make your secondary look outstanding! I have no idea how this is still debatable! 

red falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Still think it's more of a DLine and bad injury replacement problem than the corners. They aint world beaters but they are way better than they played this year.

This. Losing both safeties and Debo hurt. The poor DL play has made it worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Still think it's more of a DLine and bad injury replacement problem than the corners. They aint world beaters but they are way better than they played this year.

It could be DLine but it’s not like the Falcons has great pass rush before. The whole D took a step back.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trufant is suppose to be our "lockdown" however, everytime I see him, he backs away 10 fkin yards from the receiver before the snap. Why the f does he do this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Still think it's more of a DLine and bad injury replacement problem than the corners. They aint world beaters but they are way better than they played this year.

Agreed. Injuries to the safeties, poor coverage from the LB's and weak dline play have put a strain on the CB's. 

But still no excuse for them to play 10 yrds off their assignment either.

falcons007 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shock said:

Oliver has barely played at all. Only been targeted 18 times total, and some of you are ready to give up on him. GTFO 

Who is giving up on him? He is no where near ready as some want him to be. 

MD-FalconFan13 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Still think it's more of a DLine and bad injury replacement problem than the corners. They aint world beaters but they are way better than they played this year.

All the CBs were taken out of their comfort zone, having to cover longer than years past. That little extra bit of time makes all the difference.

Why did opposing QBs have more time to throw? The DL stands out here, our DEs let us down big time this year, along with there not being enough push from the interior line. What is funny is that's where we had the least injuries.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I lost interest in the thread on the basis that the OP is aiming the negativity at Alford. You can believe that Trufant's only flaws are dropped interceptions if you like. Half of those were bad throws by the QB. 

Lol. Alford has been trash. Most of Kazee’s interceptions were bad throws. Heck most of the interceptions are bad throws league wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

Yeah, most downs these guys are expected to cover for 3+ seconds.

Wel honestly it is the opposite.... Teams don't have to wait that long because we place a soft Zone coverage and so far off that the qb rarely needs hold the ball at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I lost interest in the thread on the basis that the OP is aiming the negativity at Alford. You can believe that Trufant's only flaws are dropped interceptions if you like. Half of those were bad throws by the QB. 

Not Tru's only flaws.....but his perception would be vastly different.

Like Kazee.....he has given up a ton of big plays.....but they get overlooked because he leads the league in picks.

falcons007 and Faithful Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites