Another bad stat for the OLine

Sun Tzu 7

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

QB Hits

Guess who is #1 in the league

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT 

And to clarify this is when YOUR QB is getting blasted.

That's right you guessed it.  No other QB has gotten hit more than Matt Ryan

Plus we can't run the ball. Forget about converting a fourth and six inches. The OLine needs to be fixed. DLine too. Need rest.

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

It reflects the team's inability to pound the rock and gain short yardage. 

Yeah but the scheme for the most part attacks the edge.

The stat is very misleading.

Mind you in the playoffs last year against Donald and co and the Rams. Sark dialled inside zone and we finished them off with it so yeah to me it's just another stat I don't really take that much notice of.

9 hours ago, HOYLE said:

Note to Sark and Matt Ryan: They are going to blitz us until we make somebody pay for doing it. Even throwing at their gonads would be better than going into the fetal position.

Do you watch the games?  They don't need to blitz.  A 3 man rush is enough to generate pressure on Ryan.  This line is atrocious.

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yeah but the scheme for the most part attacks the edge.

The stat is very misleading.

Mind you in the playoffs last year against Donald and co and the Rams. Sark dialled inside zone and we finished them off with it so yeah to me it's just another stat I don't really take that much notice of.

The stat isn’t misleading at all. It simply proves that the Falcons have the least amount of first downs when running up the middle. It means that they are not good at it. It means that in a 3rd and inches situation they haven’t had success running up the middle and/or haven’t tried to. This is not a good thing. 

Yeah, no money to bring in free agent O-Linemen. So if they don't draft any then will see the same next year and again the next. I don't trust the players coming back from injury as well. I know a draft pick will have a learning curve. You got to start putting it together or it will never get fixed. If you turn your head and look the other way then expect the same result. 

13 minutes ago, high impact said:

Yeah, no money to bring in free agent O-Linemen. So if they don't draft any then will see the same next year and again the next. I don't trust the players coming back from injury as well. I know a draft pick will have a learning curve. You got to start putting it together or it will never get fixed. If you turn your head and look the other way then expect the same result. 

That’s why they’re going to have to make several tough cuts next season.  Like Alford and Sanu along with Reed, Shelby, Levitre, Bryant, and Maybe Schrader

To be honest they need to restructure Schrader and keep him as a backup at least.  2013 showed us what happens when you just give the job to guys that haven’t earned it

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hahaha that's not a reflective stat to a team that predominantly runs outside zone and runs a lot of PA.

One way or the other, futile finesse football is coming to an end with the Falcons. I think after the Thanksgiving fiasco of the Aints pushing our lines around, even Blank has seen enough. It is going to be a welcome change watching a draft focused on getting bigger and stronger in the lines.

6 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Hit the most, zero running game, inept at time play calling, offensive line that would would I could register a QB pressure against....QB leads the league in passing.

But, yeah Ryan is the reason for the failures of this team. Gimme a fricken break.

Yea, but Ryan is only good because he throws at Julio Jones. If he was Aaron Rodgers the team would never have a losing season regardless of the talent around him, because "real" QBs like Breese, Mahomes and Rodgers don't need competent o-lines, running games and defenses to get wins. They carry their teams to deep playoff runs despite whatever talent sorrounds them.

Besides Mahomes can throw it farther more effortlessly therefore we can conclude Ryan doesn't have the arm to be an elite QB in this league. 

And regardless of all of that it's also common sense that  you don't need a franchise QB to win 'ships. Tampa Bay won a championship 20 years ago without having a franchise QB on their roster, so that proves the best strategy to build a team is not paying your MVP winning  4x pro bowl QB and using that money to sign amazing free agents, which are super easy to find and sign in free agency. 

1 minute ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Yea, but Ryan is only good because he throws at Julio Jones. If he was Aaron Rodgers the team would never have a losing season regardless of the talent around him, because "real" QBs like Breese, Mahomes and Rodgers don't need competent o-lines, running games and defenses to get wins. They carry their teams to deep playoff runs despite whatever talent sorrounds them.

Besides Mahomes can throw it farther more effortlessly therefore we can conclude Ryan doesn't have the arm to be an elite QB in this league. 

And regardless of all of that it's also common sense that  you don't need a franchise QB to win 'ships. Tampa Bay won a championship 20 years ago without having a franchise QB on their roster, so that proves the best strategy to build a team is not paying your MVP winning  4x pro bowl QB and using that money to sign amazing free agents, which are super easy to find and sign in free agency. 

tommyboy-sarcasm.jpg