For you consideration : Give Brian Hill some carries this week?

Geneaut

Give him some carries. See what he has to offer. We don't know if Freeman will get healthy and be the same and Coleman just ain't got it. In fact, we will probably be able to resign Coleman dirt cheap for a weapon. We need a RB though, we need more that a spotty weapon. We still don't know about Ito fully. So give Hill some heavy loads.

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

Time to kick the tires on him versus if he was any good he'd already be getting carries?

It wouldn't hurt!  I mean, what have we got to lose?!?!?  Besides, I'd be curious to see if he's any better than Ito, who's shown flashes of being pretty decent this year. 
And, I know we're set at wide receiver, but I'd still like to see Russell Gage get a few touches, in case one of our starters goes down... 

11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I'm all for that. .My question is... WHO the heck is Brian Hill? :lol:

Just in case you're serious --- He's a RB from Wyoming --- 6'1", 219 lbs. (which is 4" taller and 24 lbs. heavier than Ito Smith).  He has 2 yrs. NFL experience, and he's just 23 yrs. old. 
I'm all for winning games too, so I wouldn't be for losing a game just to see what an obscure RB could do....but I see no harm in giving him a few carries on 1st down and see if he can find a crease in this not-so-good O-line we have...  

1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Give him some carries. See what he has to offer. We don't know if Freeman will get healthy and be the same and Coleman just ain't got it. In fact, we will probably be able to resign Coleman dirt cheap for a weapon. We need a RB though, we need more that a spotty weapon. We still don't know about Ito fully. So give Hill some heavy loads.

what do you have against coleman??. I may talk about Freeman but i never discredit or downplay his ability like you do constantly 

On 11/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, caponine said:

what do you have against coleman??. I may talk about Freeman but i never discredit or downplay his ability like you do constantly�

Not down playing nothing. I like Coleman, as a backup, not as our primary back. He is, what he is. Dude has speed, but he's just not a great RB. Everyone pretty much Sees it at this point, except you. I know you're a big Cole fan, nothing wrong with that. When your players only positive runs are always accompanied by the phrase "what big hole for Coleman" , you got to see it .  The oline hasn't been good, no doubt, but Coleman has missed alot of lanes because his first one wasn't there. He goes down to easy on the littlest contact.  I want to keep him on this team, he's a great weapon, but we need a good back ahead of him. People who were big advocates for Coleman, have started to see it. Dave Archer has even began to notice it, he's missing lanes that Free would hit. We miss those tough yards. Coleman's success has always been overrated by all his big runs. You should be happy, this should allow us to keep him. 

5 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Not down playing nothing. I like Coleman, as a backup, not as our primary back. He is, what he is. Dude has speed, but he's just not a great RB. Everyone pretty much Sees it at this point, except you. I know you're a big Cole fan, nothing wrong with that. When your players only positive runs are always accompanied by the phrase "what big hole for Coleman" , you got to see it .  The oline hasn't been good, no doubt, but Coleman has missed alot of lanes because his first one wasn't there. He goes down to easy on the littlest contact.  I want to keep him on this team, he's a great weapon, but we need a good back ahead of him. People who were big advocates for Coleman, have started to see it. Dave Archer has even began to notice it, he's missing lanes that Free would hit. We miss those tough yards. Coleman's success has always been overrated by all his big runs. You should be happy, this should allow us to keep him. 

No doubt , i told Vandy he does have bad reads sometimes but we cant all put it on him. I agree earlier in the season however that there were holes he just didnt see

On 11/26/2018 at 2:11 PM, octoslash said:

The guy is not NFL caliber.

Until we're mathematically eliminated, experimentation is not the way to stay alive. 

No one is trying to stay alive. We are done. I agree with giving hill some carries. It couldn't hurt. It's not like we are going to get less yards than we are now.

I thought he was also doing really well in the spring with another team (Cinci?).

17 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

No one is trying to stay alive. We are done. I agree with giving hill some carries. It couldn't hurt. It's not like we are going to get less yards than we are now.

I thought he was also doing really well in the spring with another team (Cinci?).

I bet everyone at the Branch is trying to stay alive. The only ones in tank mode are TATF mocker fockers that wanna start mockin players that'll likely need two or three years of development.