Sven

After today, we draft at #7. Who do you take?

103 posts in this topic

According to people on twitter and Tankathon, we draft at #7 right now. Which player would you take at #7? If you want, include who you'd draft in the second round. Personally, I'm partial to Quinnen Williams, and he might be there at #7. Either way, we need a dominating presence on the OL or DL, just like every year.

papachaz likes this

Christian Wilkins would be amazing! Ed Oliver if he drops he’s maybe the greatest DT to come out past 10-15 years, maybe in the same sentence as Suh. Derrick Brown from Auburn would also be fine. Maybe 5-6 DT go top 10 lol. 

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama 

Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn 

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Zach Allen, DE/DT, Boston College

Raekwon Davis, DE/DT, Alabama

Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan

All these DT might be top 15 picks insane!

Edited by Falcon Blitz
Smiler11 and Vandy like this

I would take Quinnen Williams with that pick, if he isn't available I would go with Greedy Williams out of LSU. Greedy will be gone y the seventh pick though

14 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

I would take Quinnen Williams with that pick, if he isn't available I would go with Greedy Williams out of LSU. Greedy will be gone y the seventh pick though

Was Greedy playing they gave up 74 to Miss St? 

12 minutes ago, Falcon Blitz said:

This might be one of the weakest OLine drafts in recent memory. There’s only 1-2 of the projected 1st round. 

Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

Cody Ford, G, Oklahoma

I honestly don't keep up with prospects at all

Ed Oliver.

3-DT Rotation or

Move Beasley back to SOLB, and trade one of the other OLBs.

3rd down? 5-man D-Line.

1 hour ago, Falcon Blitz said:

Was Greedy playing they gave up 74 to Miss St? 

Lol i was thinking the same thing that has to drop the stock to #7 pick for us. He would be nice to replace Alford

1 hour ago, Falcon Blitz said:

This might be one of the weakest OLine drafts in recent memory. There’s only 1-2 of the projected 1st round. 

Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss

Cody Ford, G, Oklahoma

What about Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama or has he dropped?

I want Quennin Williams or Ed Oliver

Cole World likes this

Well if they follow the same path as the past two years. The following is what I see the Falcons picking.

1st round QB

2nd round RB

3rd round PK

4th round FB

5th round C

6th round DT

7th round G

Until this organization drafts players to fill the true needs of this team we will continue to see the same poop on the field. 

They need to fix both lines and for sure most any position on defense could use an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, high impact said:

Well if they follow the same path as the past two years. The following is what I see the Falcons picking.

1st round QB

2nd round RB

3rd round PK

4th round FB

5th round C

6th round DT

7th round G

Until this organization drafts players to fill the true needs of this team we will continue to see the same poop on the field. 

They need to fix both lines and for sure most any position on defense could use an upgrade. 

We’ve gone OL/DL in the 1st round in 3 of the last 5 years. 

vel, Vandy, kiwifalcon and 3 others like this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Whoever the best offensive lineman is

Like others have said, the lineman class is weak this year. 7th would be a reach for most if not all of them. DT is deep with tons of first round talent. Gotta get one of those guys that fit us. I’m looking at Quinnen williams, Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins, and Jeffrey Simmons. One of them has to be there. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Like others have said, the lineman class isn’t weak this year. 7th would be a reach for most if not all of them. DT is deep with tons of first round talent. Gotta get one of those guys that fit us. I’m looking at Quinnen williams, Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins, and Jeffrey Simmons. One of them has to be there. 

Don't take anything I say about the draft serious at all. I don't keep up with incoming prospects. Only look certain guys up when the Falcons show interest

kschreck likes this

Should be the best offensive lineman available, but since this year is garbage for offensive line it should be the best defensive lineman available that isn’t from Clemson.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Dline. O-Line. D-Line. O-Line. D-Line. O-Line.

Don't draft anything but uglies up front.

Spend the 7th rounder on the biggest blocking FB/TE/H-back on the board. Preferably one who eats raw meat, and who draws crayon pictures with lots of fire and swords. Grab a few in FA also.

Edited by Geneaut
celtiksage and Spliff like this

14 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

We’ve gone OL/DL in the 1st round in 3 of the last 5 years. 

2014 was not under Quinn, so I do not count that year. That year was Jake Mathews at number 1. I want to see more like a 1st or 2nd that can start day one. They have only drafted 1 O-Lineman in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft the past 5 years that being Mathews, if you want to count the years before Quinn. So this has helped in the downfall of the offense. 

So we should go Guard or anyone to help the O-Line in the first two. Unless they go DT. 

First 3 should look like this.

Round 1 OL/DT

Round 2 DT/OL

Round 3 OL/DT

13 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Ed Oliver, Quinnen, Greedy, Devin White or even that OLB from Florida.

I’d definitely consider Devin White.  If this season has shown anything it’s that we can still use some playmaking linebackers.  

Vosean Joseph out of Florida is a breast, too.  I think he falls to the 2nd because of the premier defensive line depth that will take up most of the 1st round.  In which case I’d be hard pressed to draft the best defensive lineman in the 1st and then him in the 2nd.