IndiscreetGeek

Imagine if the Falcons got this kind of support...

225 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, falconsfansrus said:

I am curious why would you purchase a ticket, take the time to drive to the stadium, put up with traffic and opt to watch the game on a TV screen at the stadium. Seems you would have a better experience at home...You can pause the feed to go tp the bathroom, have your favorite food ,drinks,  sit back on your recliner and enjoy the game...

The concourse experience is way better than the home or in seat experience. 

Vandy likes this

20 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Very true because I know fans who don’t visit these boards and right now that’s the sentiment about not using injuries as an excuse.  There are plenty of falcons fans who still support but it shouldn’t make you less of a fan when you are disappointed with the product.  Some people need to take the homer shades off because this team is broken.  

With a capital B

blkbigdog35 likes this

17 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Again, Quinn did away with the majority of community programs the players used to participate in.. Those of you that arnt in the Atlanta area probably will never know or miss them.. But it does have a impact locally.. M Smith actually did a very good job with community programs with the players. 

I hate to rain on your parade, but our fanbase overall has never been great. We have some great loyal fans, I know, because I am one of them. Compared to others though, we're at the bottom.

13 minutes ago, US-41 Falcon said:

United tickets cost anywhere from 25-100 dollars.

Falcons tickets cost 80-500 dollars. 

This isn't rocket science. 

Arthur Blank had to reduce Ticket Prices as low as $5 for some seats. We still had empty seats. That was when the Michael Vick Experience was going on.

7 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Arthur Blank had to reduce Ticket Prices as low as $5 for some seats. We still had empty seats. That was when the Michael Vick Experience was going on.

He has a point, though.

It's post-economic scare on top of being a mixed city without predominant roots as Falcons fans. Many people living here aren't locals born and raised. It's filled with transplants. Same thing goes for Braves fans country.

Faithful Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He has a point, though.

It's post-economic scare on top of being a mixed city without predominant roots as Falcons fans. Many people living here aren't locals born and raised. It's filled with transplants. Same thing goes for Braves fans country.

I never bought into the theory of people not being born and raised here. Just based on the people that I deal with, most who moved here still support the Falcons or wants them to be successful. The haters are the natives.

12 hours ago, mqg96 said:

If the 2013 Seahawks had fans like Atlanta they don't beat the 49ers in that NFC Championship, heck, with the way a few of their games went that year, they probably would have been 12-4 or 11-5 instead of 13-3 and have to settle for a wildcard again. Maybe if the 2012 Falcons had fans like Seattle or New Orleans the outcome of our NFC Championship game is different, and in 3 consecutive years from 2011-2013 whenever the 49ers were in the NFC Championship, the 2011 Giants and 2013 Seahawks won Super Bowls after beating them. 

And ironically enough, they immediately did the same thing by demolishing the Stick, moving to Santa Clara, and pricing out their blue collar fans with PSL's.

However in Santa Clara, at least there's a far less chance of getting stabbed compared to the Stick, which was right in the middle of the ghetto.

12 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

Last time I checked, it had been an awfully long time since a Falcons home game got blacked out.

2007, but it helps seem that long since the NFL essentially ended the blackout restrictions in 2014.

2 hours ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I was at the 2012 Divisional game against the Seahawks...the crowd was loud af.  Look at the 2016 NFCCG, the crowd was berserk.  Not sure what you’re talking about.

The Falcons crowd was going to be at it's loudest ever for the FINAL game ever in the Georgia Dome. That's expected for the final game of any stadium. As for the 2012 game against the Seahawks or 49ers, I can see those crowds being electric, but Seattle and New Orleans having proven during the postseason that their crowd is much more intimidating for road opponents. If you're stadium is already good at loud crowds in the regular season, then you're only much better in the postseason. Atlanta's average crowd during the regular season may translate into a loud crowd during the postseason but no where near the level of a Seattle, Kansas City, New Orleans, Philadelphia, etc. 

Iron Saint likes this

19 hours ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

Doesn't matter... Look at the Packers and the Raiders and the Browns and the Bills. Those teams are all horrible, yet their fans support them no matter what.

Hate to bring them up, but look at the Saints. The fans always show up. They may wear paper bags but at least they're there.

The first time I went to a Falcons Aints game in the Super Dome, I saw what a home field advantage looks like.  I might be a Falcon, but I ain’t blind. 

12 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Yep after 50 + years of pro sports in 3 pro leagues a combined 150+ seasons our city has 1 championship. Yet some want to blame that on the fans while our new Soccer team has standing room only and a stadium that about explodes every play. Seems to me if you put a competent and exciting product on the field our city will respond. If you put crap on the field we won't. Or if you spend 50 years disappointing this city again and again we eventually learn our lesson.

People need to stop blaming the fans for the ineptitude of ATL sports.

I disagree in one point- Soccer has the most educated, affluent, diverse, and young demographic. It is the appeal of Soccer which crosses so many age groups including the young folks. 

For instance, the average demo for World Cup on TV was 38. The average demo for Baseball is 62, NFL 50s, NBA and Hockey in the late 40s. 

You see that diverse demographic in the Atlanta United games. 

vitaman likes this

14 hours ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

I don't believe that. We've been a solid football team for the last 4 years now. Superbowl appearance. Always a contender. It's just this last year where things kinda fell apart.

Not ready to quit on these dudes yet.

Ill tell you what I am quitting on though. Arguing with bitter 60-70 year olds.

Heres where the collectively the fan base gets blamed for losing, the fans that see the team 4 hours a week. Not the coaches management, owner or players that are around each other daily from July on. Sorry but the Falcons lost in 2012 NFC Championship game because Harry Douglas tripped over his own deek, not because somebody wasnt yelling loud enough 

This thread has told me just about everything I needed to know lol...

And where did I ever say that they lose because y'all don't show up...

I believe the topic was "Imagine if the Falcons got this kind of support". But since some of you want to make it about the fans causing losses, let me ask you this. Have you ever played ball? **** not even football, just any sport at all.

You ever had anyone cheer for you? Call your name? Tell you you did well?

Did that ever make you run slower, or not try and make a block or dive for a ball or hit someone a little harder? I'm guessing it did the opposite...

To think that we as fans don't have an impact on the players minds is ridiculous.

Why do you think Dan Quinn is always begging people to show up and get loud? Or why Mr. Blank funneled noise into the dome...

I get it, some of you are beyond jaded, but I've got 28 years with this team too. I been here for a lot of bad too. But if you're that tired, just stop watching altogether. I think a lot of you enjoy arguing like chicks more than football itself.

Edited by IndiscreetGeek

5 hours ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

This thread has told me just about everything I needed to know lol...

And where did I ever say that they lose because y'all don't show up...

I believe the topic was "Imagine if the Falcons got this kind of support". But since some of you want to make it about the fans causing losses, let me ask you this. Have you ever played ball? **** not even football, just any sport at all.

You ever had anyone cheer for you? Call your name? Tell you you did well?

Did that ever make you run slower, or not try and make a block or dive for a ball or hit someone a little harder? I'm guessing it did the opposite...

To think that we as fans don't have an impact on the players minds is ridiculous.

Why do you think Dan Quinn is always begging people to show up and get loud? Or why Mr. Blank funneled noise into the dome...

I get it, some of you are beyond jaded, but I've got 28 years with this team too. I been here for a lot of bad too. But if you're that tired, just stop watching altogether. I think a lot of you enjoy arguing like chicks more than football itself.

You can't compare what we did to what they're doing. They get paid, we didn't. We also had parents in the stands at every home game and the support was basically mandatory. Your entire thought process is off balance as a mo fo. If you think fans need to be at the home games, you need to go out of your way and make time to attend every home game yourself. Can't tell everyone else what to do if you aren't doing it.

GhostofGritz likes this

18 hours ago, mqg96 said:

For the last time, I don't want to hear about the "college football town" excuse when Louisiana, Florida, or even the Carolinas never use that excuse. LSU has 2 national titles (SEC football town) along with the Saints Super Bowl ring and they always show up and the New Orleans Pelicans in the NBA are more successful than the Hawks at the moment. The Carolina Panthers have only been around since 1995 and their fans show up (in fact their franchise did a lot more in a short period than the Falcons). Florida (not counting the Miami area) has a lot of championships from the Gators and the Super Bowl from Tampa Bay. What's the excuse? 

Way to dodge the bulk of the point and only select what you wanted.

You're wrong. Your point is flawed. You're just trolling at this point.

12 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I hate to rain on your parade, but our fanbase overall has never been great. We have some great loyal fans, I know, because I am one of them. Compared to others though, we're at the bottom.

And what reason has this team given it's fanbase to be great? We literally went an entire decade with losing seasons in the 80's, until 2009 we NEVER had back to back winning seasons. Until last year we never had back to back seasons where we had playoff wins.

The only thing consistent about this team is how inconsistent they are. You can't expect to build a loyal fanbase like that.

GhostofGritz likes this

12 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He has a point, though.

Given this teams history it is not exactly a benefit to have full knowledge and experience of it's history. If anything someone un familiar with our history might view this team in a better light.

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The concourse experience is way better than the home or in seat experience. 

Can't you pay to do that outside of gameday though? I thought I saw someone say that once before

On 11/26/2018 at 7:04 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Everyone doesn't do that though. Some people just wanna sit back and enjoy the game and not lose their voice. Especially not an entire game. Every time I go to a game I'm literally screamed out after the first quarter. **** they can't hear me anyway so why waste my vocals :lol::lol:

Not only that but consider everytime it is 3rd down, there is a conversion. Long and/or short are consistently converted. Well, 4th downs as well if we hold them on 3rd down.

ya_boi_j likes this