IndiscreetGeek

Imagine if the Falcons got this kind of support...

225 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

A team with constant turnover of players and franchise players that are out of touch with fans will never have a following like that.. Quinn killed the majority of community programs the players used to participate in.. What would you expect 

Doesn't matter... Look at the Packers and the Raiders and the Browns and the Bills. Those teams are all horrible, yet their fans support them no matter what.

Hate to bring them up, but look at the Saints. The fans always show up. They may wear paper bags but at least they're there.

3 minutes ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

Doesn't matter... Look at the Packers and the Raiders and the Browns and the Bills. Those teams are all horrible, yet their fans support them no matter what.

Hate to bring them up, but look at the Saints. The fans always show up. They may wear paper bags but at least they're there.

Again, Quinn did away with the majority of community programs the players used to participate in.. Those of you that arnt in the Atlanta area probably will never know or miss them.. But it does have a impact locally.. M Smith actually did a very good job with community programs with the players. 

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this

Okay so explain this to me then, are all those people in that stadium there because the United players are involved in the community? Or is it just that more people in Atlanta love soccer over football?

What is it? Cause that stadium is packed to the gills and rockin. The same stadium the Falcons play in to a half empty crowd every other week.

Edited by IndiscreetGeek

I’ve been to multiple United and Falcons games. Biggest difference is what the PSL/season tickets did to the blue collar Falcon fan... It completely cut them out. The Falcons games are sold out, but a ton of those PSL’s were purchased by huge corporations, that then turn around and give their tickets to customers/employees who aren’t necessarily Falcons fan. Most of them choose to walk around and watch the game from one of the many restaurant/bars the stadium has to offer. Most of these “fans” never make it to their seats.

Many of these United fans are indeed Falcons fans. It’s just a lot cheaper to attend a United game. Plus waaaaaaay better atmosphere!

GreggT, MisterC, Drew4719 and 25 others like this

4 minutes ago, hotlanta said:

I’ve been to multiple United and Falcons games. Biggest difference is what the PSL/season tickets did to the blue collar Falcon fan... It completely cut them out. The Falcons games are sold out, but a ton of those PSL’s were purchased by huge corporations, that then turn around and give their tickets to customers/employees who aren’t necessarily Falcons fan. Most of them choose to walk around and watch the game from one of the many restaurant/bars the stadium has to offer. Most of these “fans” never make it to their seats.

Many of these United fans are indeed Falcons fans. It’s just a lot cheaper to attend a United game. Plus waaaaaaay better atmosphere!

Ok, that makes sense... Sucks about the PSLs. I've noticed on TV that no one is ever in their seats for Falcons games.

hotlanta likes this

1 hour ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

Ok, that makes sense... Sucks about the PSLs. I've noticed on TV that no one is ever in their seats for Falcons games.

I mean don’t get me wrong, the PSL isn’t the problem solely. They’re still plenty of Falcons fans walking around and not in their seats during the games... Why someone would pay admission to stand around and watch a game on one of the TV’s in the lounge area, jumbotron or bar; I may never understand, but it’s not my money and they can do as they please.

Edited by hotlanta

37 minutes ago, hotlanta said:

I mean don’t get me wrong, the PSL isn’t the problem solely. They’re still plenty of Falcons fans walking around and not in their seats during the games... Why someone would pay admission to stand around and watch a game on one of the TV’s in the lounge area, jumbotron or bar; I may never understand, but it’s not my money and they can do as they please.

What I'm trying to figure out is why those fans choose to do that. More interested in the party than the game? Every one of those United fans were in their seats.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Imagine if the Falcons didn't have a history of epic failure and bad management.

Atl fans will support teams that don't waste our time and eventually deliver.

28-3 wasn't our fault stop blaming the fans for Falcon failures.

Bruh, no one has ever blamed you or any other Falcons fan for the ****show that was 28-3. I blame PSLs more than anything for the lack of vocal fan support at home games.

I know, "but muh victim complex." A strawman is still a strawman.

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Imagine if the Falcons didn't have a history of epic failure and bad management.

So basically its give me a championship then I'll support you...

This is why we get a bad rap. Typical.

TNFalcon1 and Falconsfan567 like this

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

They are the cities only hope for bringing a championship to the city of Atlanta 

No matter how hard you wish to banish yourself to purgatory that's just not true... The Falcons are a great football team. They just got destroyed by injuries...

And no, no amount of coaching would have helped Jordan Richards and Duke Riley become what Keanu Neal and Deion Jones are.

Like literally everyone on the team got hurt this year.

Edited by IndiscreetGeek
The Peregrine likes this

10 minutes ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

No matter how hard you wish to banish yourself to purgatory that's just not true... The Falcons are a great football team. They just got destroyed by injuries...

And no, no amount of coaching would have helped Jordan Richards and Duke Riley become what Keanu Neal and Deion Jones are.

Like literally everyone on the team got hurt this year.

I'm not trying to do anything. The United is all the city has. Injuries are not an excuse. The coaches should have done their job better because the injury burdened Falcons were in every single game except a couple. Unfortunately the Falcons always, always fall short regardless, injuries or not. You don't have to accept it or like me saying it but they've done nothing but prove that over and over and over and over again. It's just what they do.

The Hawks are ***.

The Braves are getting close

5 hours ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

Okay so explain this to me then, are all those people in that stadium there because the United players are involved in the community? Or is it just that more people in Atlanta love soccer over football?

What is it? Cause that stadium is packed to the gills and rockin. The same stadium the Falcons play in to a half empty crowd every other week.

If more people in Atlanta love soccer more than football then that's just sad 

5 hours ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

3 hours ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

What I'm trying to figure out is why those fans choose to do that. More interested in the party than the game? Every one of those United fans were in their seats.

6 minutes ago, UK13 said:

If more people in Atlanta love soccer more than football then that's just sad 

A few things you both need to consider.

People actually travel from great distances to watch the United play, it's not just people in Atlanta. Heck I work with a Latino who takes off work to attend every home game and we are in LaGrange. Not an example of a great distance but he has friends from outside of Atlanta that goes too

Most of the crowd is Latino. Latino's love soccer and support the **** out of it. You get a few celebrities and rappers here and there but for the most part the crowd is mostly Latino filled.

Soccer is more popular and draws crowds no matter the venue. Those games will stay filled even if it was in the middle of Alabama. The Falcons won't get that type of crowd until they win a game that matters. There are very few loyal fan bases around the league. For the most part the NFL is filled with fair weather fans. Same as the NBA. Not everyone wants to blow money on a ****** product. That's just the way it goes. Heck if a Hawks game sells out, it's only to see a superstar

4 minutes ago, Falcon Blitz said:

Falcons soldout to corporate, real fans can’t afford to attend games. I went to cowboys game half of the people were just sitting down texting and eating chicken tenders I begged them to get up on 3rd down on Defense and make some noise. 

Everyone doesn't do that though. Some people just wanna sit back and enjoy the game and not lose their voice. Especially not an entire game. Every time I go to a game I'm literally screamed out after the first quarter. **** they can't hear me anyway so why waste my vocals :lol::lol:

Falcon Blitz and Geneaut like this

It's the 2nd year of the United's existence. They are a powerful, young team that has a dynamic roster, and for an MLS team, a lot of offense.

Hey, I obviously love the Falcons. I always will. But let's be honest. The Falcons have invented ways to disappoint their fans over the years.

The disparity in attendance and excitement of those attending both sports makes complete sense to me.

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Team and fan spirit matters. You see movements, protests, or prayers together as a collective group it affects the atmosphere of things. That's what I believe in. That's what God created us for. You go to UGA games you never see an opposing opponent fill up their stadium and you never see empty seats. They always show up and the crowd is always noisy unlike the Falcons building. Once again, I don't want to hear any excuses about "oh it's the south where pro sports don't matter much" when that's not the case for the Saints in New Orleans which is the south too or the Carolina Panthers who's only been around since 1995 yet their fans always show up 100% too. With the rate our fanbase is going with the lack of spirit we may be the last franchise out of 32 teams to win a Super Bowl. 

Edited by mqg96
IndiscreetGeek likes this

If the 2013 Seahawks had fans like Atlanta they don't beat the 49ers in that NFC Championship, heck, with the way a few of their games went that year, they probably would have been 12-4 or 11-5 instead of 13-3 and have to settle for a wildcard again. Maybe if the 2012 Falcons had fans like Seattle or New Orleans the outcome of our NFC Championship game is different, and in 3 consecutive years from 2011-2013 whenever the 49ers were in the NFC Championship, the 2011 Giants and 2013 Seahawks won Super Bowls after beating them. 

Edited by mqg96
IndiscreetGeek likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm not trying to do anything. The United is all the city has. Injuries are not an excuse. The coaches should have done their job better because the injury burdened Falcons were in every single game except a couple. Unfortunately the Falcons always, always fall short regardless, injuries or not. You don't have to accept it or like me saying it but they've done nothing but prove that over and over and over and over again. It's just what they do.

The Hawks are ***.

The Braves are getting close

Ok so just give up on em? That's the spirit!

4 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Team and fan spirit matters. You see movements, protests, or prayers together as a collective group it affects the atmosphere of things. That's what I believe in. That's what God created us for. You go to UGA games you never see an opposing opponent fill up their stadium and you never see empty seats. They always show up and the crowd is always noising unlike the Falcons building. Once again, I don't want to hear any excuses about "oh it's the south where pro sports don't matter much" when that's not the case for the Saints in New Orleans which is the south too or the Carolina Panthers who's only been around since 1995 yet their fans always show up 100% too. With the rate our fanbase is going with the lack of spirit we may be the last franchise out of 32 teams to win a Super Bowl. 

That's what I'm saying... Its impossible to not want to play harder for a fan base that's with you no matter what.

mqg96 likes this