DAN QUINN = MEDIOCRITY

GABLACKBIRD

9 minutes ago, GABLACKBIRD said:

We are stuck with  him one more year maybe two. His philosophies and time management are signs of a coach way in over his head. But i also have to blame Dimitroff and the whole front office for going cheap. Get Tony Dungy in here and give him a shot at building the offense and defense right.

Tony Dungy couldn't build can offense for crap. I'd take him in a heartbeat to build a defense though.

Well, the Same Coach had no losing season to date- this year is a toss up. 

The team will make some drastic changes this offseason- they know that the OL needs major upgrade to help Matt Ryan and the running game. This will be priority #1 for the Falcons. 

Defense has some holes, But they are only 2-3 players away from having a great defense with returning players from injury. 

The truth over the last decade is this: Matt Ryan's elite ability has made multiple coaches past and present look good for as long as he could. Invariably, the cumulative incompetence of those coaches overwhelm his best effort and we end up where we sit today. Sadly, knowing the nature of this owner, it will likely continue until the day Matt retires.

32 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/11/25/18110905/the-falcons-will-never-win-a-super-bowl-until-these-systemic-cultural

I still want to share this fan post on the Falcoholic with everyone. I highly recommend checking it out. 

The man speaks the truth. The ironic thing is, it's a sentiment shared by many media folks in the long decades I've followed them. It is a disease which has permeated this franchise, particularly since the day Leeman was shown the door. 

20 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Well, the Same Coach had no losing season to date- this year is a toss up. 

The team will make some drastic changes this offseason- they know that the OL needs major upgrade to help Matt Ryan and the running game. This will be priority #1 for the Falcons. 

Defense has some holes, But they are only 2-3 players away from having a great defense with returning players from injury. 

Things remain to be seen. The thing is that they find and get the right players, not settle for injury riddled castoffs and 3rd tier players to fill holes. That screams mediocrity and the fans are just tired of the same lackluster, uninspired football.

1 hour ago, GABLACKBIRD said:

We are stuck with  him one more year maybe two. His philosophies and time management are signs of a coach way in over his head. But i also have to blame Dimitroff and the whole front office for going cheap. Get Tony Dungy in here and give him a shot at building the offense and defense right.

Great post 

34 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Things remain to be seen. The thing is that they find and get the right players, not settle for injury riddled castoffs and 3rd tier players to fill holes. That screams mediocrity and the fans are just tired of the same lackluster, uninspired football.

Yeah we need some real players. They need to stop thinking they can turn these nobodies into some bodies. Fusco,  McClain, Shelby, Richards, Schraeder, Schweitzer, Poole, Beadles, Sambrailo, Riley.

46 minutes ago, E. T. said:

With that embarrassing effort against the Saints, the Falcons lost a ton of fans. Many more stinkers like that one and they'll lose a whole lot more. Watching this team do stupid things is not an entertaining way to spend an afternoon.

29 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

With that embarrassing effort against the Saints, the Falcons lost a ton of fans. Many more stinkers like that one and they'll lose a whole lot more. Watching this team do stupid things is not an entertaining way to spend an afternoon.

If one crappy season /game is the reason the Falcons lose fans, then they weren't really fans to begin with. Browns, Saints, Steelers, and Packers fans show up every week whether the team is winning or not.

5 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

If one crappy season /game is the reason the Falcons lose fans, then they weren't really fans to begin with. Browns, Saints, Steelers, and Packers fans show up every week whether the team is winning or not.

I'm talking about the recent fans who bought in with the Falcons 2016 run when they had the most exciting offense in the league. This 2018 team is not a product that will hold the loyalty of casual fans in a town like Atlanta with a lot of transplants and so many other entertainment options.

3 hours ago, GABLACKBIRD said:

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Quinn is very hands off. He wants his OC and DC to go out do their jobs. Shanny did for one year. Everyone else? Not so much. 

Either way both coordinators have enough excuses to keep their jobs one more year.

I agree.....if Im the COACH.

At some point,  I take over ....and say enough of this ****!

Get with serious business or your arse is benched! 

He lacks ACCOUNTABILITY & FAILS to take ONUS on himself. 

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

I agree.....if Im the COACH.

At some point,  I take over ....and say enough of this ****!

Get with serious business or your arse is benched! 

He lacks ACCOUNTABILITY & FAILS to take ONUS on himself. 

Right.

Way too much trust in his coordinators to get it done. I am sure they do but it doesn't feel like there is a cohessive game plan for the entire team each week. New England and New Orleans do that. 

Just now, Jesus said:

Right.

Way too much trust in his coordinators to get it done. I am sure they do but it doesn't feel like there is a cohessive game plan for the entire team each week. New England and New Orleans do that. 

How surgically Saints planned vs Falcons on short week....I was very impressed. Never heard or saw  those WRs who made plays after plays.