Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UGABOZ

Sunday Game Thread!

220 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Meanwhile I'm watching the Atlanta United game and I've never seen Mercedes Benz stadium that packed during a Falcons game

Someone on Twitter said United own MBS, the Falcons just rent it. The Falcons have to put a better product that’s worth what they’re charging on the field fast. Half priced food will only take you so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Well seeing we are in a Falcons Message board, I like to think its ok to bring up the Falcons.  Again, do the Browns have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Alex Mack, Calvin Ridley?  Yeah a rookie Nick Chubb is really impressive and Mayfield is starting to figure things out.  Are those 2 better than a 10 year vet in Ryan and Coleman and Smith?  Browns offensive line better?  We took their best center. How about that Browns defense?  They have Takk, Beasley, Jarrett?  They have Bruce Irvin?  

Oh yeah that Kitchens guy calling plays for the Browns, how come he is successful with them and Sark is struggling yet again?

I respect your frustrations about Sarkisian even though a lot of people on here don't, however, I will say that this year compared to last year Sarkisian hasn't gotten any worse. PPG are up from last season. This may hurt for you to admit, but Shanahan in 2016 is not as successful with this current 2018 O-line. Given the banged up O-line we've had all year, Sark has improved a little bit. That's just the truth. In 2016 our O-line stayed healthy the entire season all the way until the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl which is rare for any NFL team who only plays 16 regular season games period.

This year we lost Levitre after the Panthers which killed our O-line and losing Fusco didn't help our depth either. Ryan Schraeder is not playing at the level he was 2 years ago. Combine all of those factors together, and you'll see that Matt Ryan is not having much time to throw and he's getting sacked a lot more often than he did 2 years ago. Did I also forget, we haven't had the Freeman and Coleman combo fully 100% since 2016 either? Since last season Freeman hasn't been the same ever since (that big contract was not the smartest decision by the front office).

I do agree that Sark doesn't know how to utilize Freeman and Coleman like Shanahan did especially when they were used as receivers a lot and not just coming from the backfield. Up until the Browns game the offense averaged a lot more PPG whenever it was just Coleman in there instead of Freeman & Coleman together, but again, Freeman hasn't been 100% since our Super Bowl season. As much as I hate to say it we CANNOT get rid of Sark after this year. I don't want Matt Ryan going through ANOTHER offensive coordinator change. He needs to have chemistry with Sark longer than any other OC he's had his whole career. I want Sark to be the first of Matt Ryan's OC's to not get a head coaching job and just stay with the Falcons the rest of his career. 

TheTrue7 and 175_Ranger_Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Well seeing we are in a Falcons Message board, I like to think its ok to bring up the Falcons.  Again, do the Browns have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Alex Mack, Calvin Ridley?  Yeah a rookie Nick Chubb is really impressive and Mayfield is starting to figure things out.  Are those 2 better than a 10 year vet in Ryan and Coleman and Smith?  Browns offensive line better?  We took their best center. How about that Browns defense?  They have Takk, Beasley, Jarrett?  They have Bruce Irvin?  

Oh yeah that Kitchens guy calling plays for the Browns, how come he is successful with them and Sark is struggling yet again?

Lol I’m looking at the title of the thread again and it’s clearly about todays games. Not the Falcons. Cry that river to someone else. I can’t contain your tears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, E. T. said:

Yes he has, but he's passed my expectations. Training camp might get a little interesting next year.

Car-Sea tied 3-3

Kazee at FS Allen in the slot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hear what Mayfield said postgame on why he kept his interaction with Hue Jackson brief? We need that type of leadership on this team instead of the same "execution" and "brotherhood" mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stizz said:

Anyone hear what Mayfield said postgame on why he kept his interaction with Hue Jackson brief? We need that type of leadership on this team instead of the same "execution" and "brotherhood" mess.

What did he say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

WOW!! Big Ben picked in the end zone and the Broncos are gonna win!!

What a dumb ****!!! 

Dont we love Matt Ryan now more than eva...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Big Ben has won 2 Super Bowls and this message board told me that he's elite because of that.

 

Ill be first one to say....hes ELITE irrespective of that bonehead throw he made.

That type of throw just cant happen.

Next we he will bounce back vs Chargers. Steelers somehow just know when to win BIG at pivotal must win scenarios.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stizz said:

 

Love this guys bad arse attitude! 

Thats how it should be ...play with chip on your shoulder every effin time.

He was #1 overall pick and most disrespected coming out of drafts by scouts.

Hes gonna prove lot of them wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Ill be first one to say....hes ELITE irrespective of that bonehead throw he made.

That type of throw just cant happen.

Next we he will bounce back vs Chargers. Steelers somehow just know when to win BIG at pivotal must win scenarios.

 

Love that pick! Now I can get on all the Steeler fans at work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Ill be first one to say....hes ELITE irrespective of that bonehead throw he made.

That type of throw just cant happen.

Next we he will bounce back vs Chargers. Steelers somehow just know when to win BIG at pivotal must win scenarios.

Really??? Big Ben has always been overrated and the Steelers haven't done squat since their last Super Bowl win. Routinely waste more talent than any other team in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stizz said:

Anyone hear what Mayfield said postgame on why he kept his interaction with Hue Jackson brief? We need that type of leadership on this team instead of the same "execution" and "brotherhood" mess.

I like his honesty. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stizz said:

Anyone hear what Mayfield said postgame on why he kept his interaction with Hue Jackson brief? We need that type of leadership on this team instead of the same "execution" and "brotherhood" mess.

I agree, Baker Mayfield brings leadership and altitude to that team.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Really??? Big Ben has always been overrated and the Steelers haven't done squat since their last Super Bowl win. Routinely waste more talent than any other team in the NFL.

I will toast to this

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Aaron Rodgers has lost his last 7 consecutive road starts.   Did not know that.  

If they don't end it tonight, their next road game will be against the Bears (probably L) but Dec 23 they have a road game against the Jets so it shouldn't reach 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

You mean you don't need Julio Jones, Matt Ryan, Alex Mack and all the great players the falcons have to win?  I thought all you needed was Steve Sarkisian, and your off to the super bowl.  Browns are winning games with nobodies and Falcons are losing games with all the talent and Steve Sarkisian

Nobodies?! Baker Mayfield was the #1 overall pick. Chubb was a 2nd rnd pick. Myles Garrett is another #1 overall pick. There's talent all over that roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

If they don't end it tonight, their next road game will be against the Bears (probably L) but Dec 23 they have a road game against the Jets so it shouldn't reach 10.

The Vikings kicking game is making the break of the streak more likely.  It looked like gb was offsides on that last fg attempt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites