Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXVIII-III

Embrace The Suck

15 posts in this topic

The team sure is doing a great job of that. I won’t change my sn until the suck stops being embraced. This is just pathetic. It feels like we built a billion dollar “Mercedes  Benz” dome for the Saints to win the SB in. 

More than anything I’m disturbed by the inaction of making moves to bring in talent to offset the injuries. This was the year to go all in. 

This was THE year to go all in and win a SB at home. Sure woulda been nice...

I don't know if this example works but let me give it a go:

Imagine: Kevin Durant,  Stephen curry, and Drymond green, only play offense and sit out for defense. And klay Thompson,  drymond green , Kevin Durant only play defense and sit for offense. What I am getting at is we are missing pegs. On both side of the team then how do you expect our "tent" to stay intact.

I dont think we realize how big of a loss this us. Its irreplaceable. Like missing Kevin Durant,  Thompson and drymond green for the year. How will the warriors fare with only curry?

List of players injured again:

Freeman

Allen

Neal

Jones

Levitre 

Fusco

I see them as pillars of both sides. I say 2019 last chance. If it's anything like repeat, fire everyone.

PokerSteve likes this

5 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

I don't know if this example works but let me give it a go:

Imagine: Kevin Durant,  Stephen curry, and Drymond green, only play offense and sit out for defense. And klay Thompson,  drymond green , Kevin Durant only play defense and sit for offense. What I am getting at is we are missing pegs. On both side of the team then how do you expect our "tent" to stay intact.

I dont think we realize how big of a loss this us. Its irreplaceable. Like missing Kevin Durant,  Thompson and drymond green for the year. How will the warriors fare with only curry?

I have a better theory. Ty Lue as the head coach for LeBron's Cavs wins an NBA Title. Two years later, not to mention in the finals this past season. He's fired after about 10 games. My point, a coach getting credit for what his players do is just a figment of a good coach.

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I have a better theory. Ty Lue as the head coach for LeBron's Cavs wins an NBA Title. Two years later, not to mention in the finals this past season. He's fired after about 10 games. My point, a coach getting credit for what his players do is just a figment of a good coach.

Could be. I'd like to see what we can do fully healthy on both sides, again I know it's not guaranteed to he 100% healthy but they deserve 2019 to prove it and I think they will.

Faithful Falcon likes this

18 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

Could be. I'd like to see what we can do fully healthy on both sides, again I know it's not guaranteed to he 100% healthy but they deserve 2019 to prove it and I think they will.

We pretty much saw that in 2016. We always talk about 28-3 in the Super Bowl, or Freeman's missed block, or we should have run the ball. The myth about that game is that the defense played well. I will say it was a good effort, but our personnel is not built to withstand long drives. If the Offense is on the field for 7-8 minutes, something is seriously wrong.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, 28-3 said:

The team sure is doing a great job of that. I won’t change my sn until the suck stops being embraced. This is just pathetic. It feels like we built a billion dollar “Mercedes  Benz” dome for the Saints to win the SB in. 

More than anything I’m disturbed by the inaction of making moves to bring in talent to offset the injuries. This was the year to go all in. 

This was THE year to go all in and win a SB at home. Sure woulda been nice...

I feel your pain, man --- but I don't think anybody is embracing the "suck" (as you call it) --- not the players, the coaches, management or the owner, and certainly not me. 
I guess sometimes it takes a season like this to get a team's attention when the injuries start piling up, and more how to deal with it next time.  I mean, before all that happened, we were gonna be world beaters, and might have --- but --- the Football Gods said, hold your horses there slick --- nobody has ever played a SB in their own house, EVER!!!  So what makes you think you're gonna do it?  It ain't happening.....and they were right, barring a miracle, it AIN'T HAPPENING ---  
So yea, it sucks....but I don't have to embrace it...  

14 hours ago, 28-3 said:

We could have easily packaged Vic and picks for Mack. That move alone would have been huge for this year.

No way we could've given Mack the money he wanted without losing Debo, Neal, and Grady

13 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

Why don't we go with this slogan next year?  

#Don'tSuck

Sets the bar too high. This team doesn't react well to overly high expectations like that. :rolleyes:

Tmodel66 and rounz like this

14 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

That's an extreme comparison though. The GS one was also, but at least it made some kind of sense. Lue was a place holder by definition. He provided absolutely nothing to be honest. Quinn at the very least has given us some great, young talent.