Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

Tennessee at Vanderbilt Game Thread "Battle for the bowl"

13 posts in this topic

whoever wins gets a bowl game and well over 20 practices.. the loser goes home.  So far it's 7 to 0 vandy. 

wow..  if vandy wins and knocks the vols out of playing for a bowl game that fan base is going to implode.. they are quite angry on volnation and volquest. 

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

wow..  if vandy wins and knocks the vols out of playing for a bowl game that fan base is going to implode.. they are quite angry on volnation and volquest. 

They have to give Pruitt more than 1yr to turn it around.

g-dawg likes this

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

It looked like they had turned the corner after us but the wheels have fallen off the last two weeks.

g-dawg likes this

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

That bunch is probably hoping the game gets closer so they can come up with moral victories  like Florida about not getting totally blown out lol

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

I watched some of the lopsided losses all the way through this season, such as Florida, Georgia, Alabama, but quit watching this one early in the 4th quarter. Horrible way to go into the off season. Pruitt needs multiple years to fix this mess.

I guess part of the problem over the years is that when you have fools like Jimmy Cheek, Mike Hamilton & Dave Hart in charge, they'll hire idiots every bit as useless as they are, like Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley & Butch Jones, who then leave the program in shambles. For what it's worth, a Derek Dooley or Butch Jones coached team likely would've probably finished 3-9.

Another thing I thought about again tonight is that Jimmy Haslam ran the Cleveland Browns even more into the ground than they already were. He, along with the rest of his family, are doing the same to UT Football. They were probably the ones who forced Mike Hamilton to fire Fulmer, which kinda got the ball rolling on this stretch of awfulness. But at least the basketball team should do well this year....

g-dawg likes this

3 minutes ago, eddiesauto said:

I watched some of the lopsided losses all the way through this season, such as Florida, Georgia, Alabama, but quit watching this one early in the 4th quarter. Horrible way to go into the off season. Pruitt needs multiple years to fix this mess.

I guess part of the problem over the years is that when you have fools like Jimmy Cheek, Mike Hamilton & Dave Hart in charge, they'll hire idiots every bit as useless as they are, like Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley & Butch Jones, who then leave the program in shambles. For what it's worth, a Derek Dooley or Butch Jones coached team likely would've probably finished 3-9.

Another thing I thought about again tonight is that Jimmy Haslam ran the Cleveland Browns even more into the ground than they already were. He, along with the rest of his family, are doing the same to UT Football. They were probably the ones who forced Mike Hamilton to fire Fulmer, which kinda got the ball rolling on this stretch of awfulness. But at least the basketball team should do well this year....

Agreed that the last two weeks have been a disappointment after righting the ship but I have been overall impressed with Pruitt’s rookie year as head coach.  He got off to a rocky start personally but seems to be growing into the job nicely and getting control of his temper - won’t say something in a press conference that will hurt his team either.

Pruitt hired a good staff and as long as recruiting continues to improve, he will eventually get UT to 8-10 wins most years.

eddiesauto likes this

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I'll take your word on that man. I definitely don't doubt it at all, especially volnation. I avoid that site as much as possible because I don't need that kind of negativity in my life :D

Carter likes this