A-TowN.-

First Two Picks

10 posts in this topic

At this time, I know we can't get the best DT and my favorite player in the draft, Quinnen Williams from Alabama. I also really like Deionte Thompson and Devin White, but I don't think their positions are as pressing of a need as OL and DL. LB is definitely looking shoddy this year due to Deion Jones being out, but when we get him back, I think we will be fine there. Wouldn't hurt to get some help at LB & CB though.

As of now my first two picks would be:

1st round - Dalton Risner, OL Kansas State

2nd round - Jerry Tillery, DT Notre Dame

Who do you guys have in mind?

datchrisb1 likes this

I like DE Jachai Polite from Florida, but I’m biased bc I’m a Gator fan.  If you put on the tape you’d see why, but I agree we need another aggressive DT

A-TowN.- likes this

28 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I like DE Jachai Polite from Florida, but I’m biased bc I’m a Gator fan.  If you put on the tape you’d see why, but I agree we need another aggressive DT

Yeah he’s get incredible get off and bend ability. He’s my second rated edge rusher after Bosa. I love his upside.

This is a good DL class. 

KCFalcon22 likes this

I love Risner. He's a guy you could plug and play him at C, G or RT. Long term I like him at center. That said I'm not sure he goes as high as some think and I don't think teams will view him as a LT. I liken him to Cody Whitehair who most thought would go in the first and fell to pick 56. 

Rashan Gary is another who I think could be a great fit here with his versatility to play end in our base package and slide inside in nickel. Another is Jeffery Simmons.

Mack Wilson and Devin White are special linebacker prospects in my eyes, but with the emergence of Foye I'm just not sure spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on a linebacker is wise. Khalil Hodge is a mid-late round guy making waves right now.

RB and WR for are both needs. Coleman is likely gone and Freeman who knows if he'll get back to his best. Hardy is a FA, Sanu could be a cap casualty (I'd personally keep him for 1 more year) and Julio is on the wrong side of 30 now with ongoing contract dispute. I like 2 Ohio State guys... Mike Weber and Parris Campbell. Anthony Johnson out of Buffalo is another and I like the 2 Ole Miss wideouts.

A-TowN.- likes this

6 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I love Risner. He's a guy you could plug and play him at C, G or RT. Long term I like him at center. That said I'm not sure he goes as high as some think and I don't think teams will view him as a LT. I liken him to Cody Whitehair who most thought would go in the first and fell to pick 56. 

Rashan Gary is another who I think could be a great fit here with his versatility to play end in our base package and slide inside in nickel. Another is Jeffery Simmons.

Mack Wilson and Devin White are special linebacker prospects in my eyes, but with the emergence of Foye I'm just not sure spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on a linebacker is wise. Khalil Hodge is a mid-late round guy making waves right now.

RB and WR for are both needs. Coleman is likely gone and Freeman who knows if he'll get back to his best. Hardy is a FA, Sanu could be a cap casualty (I'd personally keep him for 1 more year) and Julio is on the wrong side of 30 now with ongoing contract dispute. I like 2 Ohio State guys... Mike Weber and Parris Campbell. Anthony Johnson out of Buffalo is another and I like the 2 Ole Miss wideouts.

Agreed with the needs. I would also add CB and maybe another TE. This is a pretty deep OL and DL class, along with WR and TE. I would love Simmons in the first and an OL in the second though. 

Rashan Gary has had a few rough games now and was totally non-existent vs Ohio State. There’s about 8 other DL I’d take over him right now. 

Love Parris Campbell and Weber. KJ Hill Jr. is a beast for Ohio State as well. This is a deep WR class, and I like the two Ole Miss players as well, but I think they both go in the top two rounds. 

It’s hard to gauge who’s the best RB. I need to watch more film, but I really like Miles Sanders, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, and Damien Harris among other names. 

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

Agreed with the needs. I would also add CB and maybe another TE. This is a pretty deep OL and DL class, along with WR and TE. I would love Simmons in the first and an OL in the second though. 

Rashan Gary has had a few rough games now and was totally non-existent vs Ohio State. There’s about 8 other DL I’d take over him right now. 

Love Parris Campbell and Weber. KJ Hill Jr. is a beast for Ohio State as well. This is a deep WR class, and I like the two Ole Miss players as well, but I think they both go in the top two rounds. 

It’s hard to gauge who’s the best RB. I need to watch more film, but I really like Miles Sanders, David Montgomery, Darrell Henderson, and Damien Harris among other names. 

As far as RB I like Miles Sanders too, but the guy I really want is Jordan Scarlett.

Check out @BenFennell_NFL’s Tweet:

http://www.secsports.com/video/24910429/jordan-scarlett

The 2 guys who recruited Scarlett were Brian White and Travaris Robinson. Both were with DQ at FL.

Edited by ike barn87987
A-TowN.- likes this

45 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

As far as RB I like Miles Sanders too, but the guy I really want is Jordan Scarlett.

Check out @BenFennell_NFL’s Tweet:

http://www.secsports.com/video/24910429/jordan-scarlett

The 2 guys who recruited Scarlett were Brian White and Travaris Robinson. Both were with DQ at FL.

Scarlett is another good one. Has pretty nice balance. I’ll have to watch some of his older games. 

If you like tough runners with good balance and burst, check out David Montgomery. I think he will be a good one. He’s a 3 down back with decent vision, great footwork, and solid burst. Hard to bring down on first contact. Nice pass protector too.

Smiler11 likes this

On 11/25/2018 at 1:51 PM, A-TowN.- said:

Scarlett is another good one. Has pretty nice balance. I’ll have to watch some of his older games. 

If you like tough runners with good balance and burst, check out David Montgomery. I think he will be a good one. He’s a 3 down back with decent vision, great footwork, and solid burst. Hard to bring down on first contact. Nice pass protector too.

Love Montgomery. The NFL today is about getting people in space. And this guy has the thing you need from a running back, the ability to make people miss.