Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

octoslash

Question Completely Off Football But I'm Curious

62 posts in this topic

Just now, octoslash said:

Whoa.  I bet you don't live in a refrigerator box!

Lol. I had a cat as a kid named that. Back before I was married I would tell drunk girls that was my name to start convo. Lol. My name is Scott really though. 

octoslash likes this

16 minutes ago, octoslash said:

At least it's totally dignified. 

Hey, I worked for a British-owned company for several years.  The word 'randy' over there means 'horny'...anyone who's watched an Austin Powers film knows that. 

But the owners of the company, when they came here to audit things and inspect, etc, had a big problem even saying hello to me because they were so bothered that a man could have the name 'Randy'.  I was their shipping manager and they avoided me like I was covered in sewage or something. 

Europeans have a funny habit of being insecure and snotty at the same time.  lol

Now that’s funny

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

I give you props for doing something different than beating dead horses.  I like my internet identity too much to merge it with my real identity but my initials are ABC (thanks mom and dad).  Due to one knucklehead friend many who years ago (when videogame arcades were a thing) called me call me Alphabet which got shortened to "AB" (ay-bee) and has spread to most friends.   "AB" works as a bridge.

Hi Kevin.

I told my mother I chose my sons name because it was the name of an Old Testament prophet.... 

She said "well i chose your name because it means 'sits at the right hand of God', buy that really didn't work out."

Apparently the woman doesn't even appreciate how pious I am now...all because of a few mistakes I made between the ages of 14 and 40.

octoslash likes this

22 minutes ago, Rubbertuckie said:

Lol. I had a cat as a kid named that. Back before I was married I would tell drunk girls that was my name to start convo. Lol. My name is Scott really though. 

Classic cat name.

I'm praised in my family for coming up with great pet  names.  A few:

CATS

Bugs (his legs looked exactly like the bunny's)

Peter Feeter (no idea why)

Pay-Bubba (see above)

Trixie

Shades

Slick

Brunswick

Pinky

Eady

-

DOGS

Skipper

Weenie (yeah she was a dachshund)

Maxie  (big hairy sheep dog that used to chew gum!)

Dog  (I never got around to really naming her.  Solid black german shepherd, beautiful animal who broke my heart when she stepped in front of a school bus)

Tiny (a giant german shepherd)

5 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I told my mother I chose my sons name because it was the name of an Old Testament prophet.... 

She said "well i chose your name because it means 'sits at the right hand of God', buy that really didn't work out."

Apparently the woman doesn't even appreciate how pious I am now...all because of a few mistakes I made between the ages of 14 and 40.

HeII, that's only 26 years...

Dave.  My parents picked my middle name after the starting QB for the falcons the year I was born.  Saved me from getting the family middle name.

36 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Henry. I hate that #######. All my ninjas call me Jr. Anytime I hear Henry is when I’m in trouble with my wife or mom. 

Not gonna lie man. There’s been 1 or 2 occasions where I’ve thought about quoting a post of yours and starting it with “Henry, listen” just to mess with you. Lol

ya_boi_j likes this

12 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Do you spell it like that?

It's like that on my birth certificate, so I just rolled with it. 

Back in the early 60's when I was born natural childbirth really wasn't an in thing, so I blame it on the meds my mom was on....

I blame a lot of things on the meds my mom was on..

4 minutes ago, shc said:

Dave.  My parents picked my middle name after the starting QB for the falcons the year I was born.  Saved me from getting the family middle name.

?? What's the family middle name? 

Belvedere? 

(Just kidding Scotty)

Rubbertuckie likes this

1 minute ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Back in the early 60's when I was born natural childbirth really wasn't an in thing, so I blame it on the meds my mom was on....

I know what you mean.

I blame a lot of things on your mom's meds too. 

:ninja: 

TheUsualStuff likes this

Just now, TheUsualStuff said:

My biological father was an idiot, that didnt even require meds. But I wasnt born until the very early 80s. My first marriage was to a woman born of serious flower children, so much that I can't even say her name or it will lead back to me. My idea of hippies was so much cooler than it turned out to be. 

TheUsualStuff likes this