Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconFanSince1970

Let's Take A Quick Look At The 2019 Roster

70 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

It will be very interesting and quite pivotal. I mentioned that this spring. TATF said STFU you're old and stupid. I didn't see the injuries comin but I definitely saw the 2019 cap situation and our fast and fiscal OLine and DLine way before camp started. 

I was worried too. Not as vocal as you were, but I got brushed off that “Quinn the ‘DL guru’ knows what he’s doing”. All I knew was after losing Poe, we had nobody to eat doubleteams for Jarrett and keep our skinny-*** LBers clean. 

With Top tier draft picks, it’s a great opportunity if they hit 2-3 of them right. They still have a lot of good young talent, we could get good real quick with a good draft combined with a stronger free agent offseason. How Dimi handles Julio and Jarrett contracts will be delicate, as well as determining where freeman is health- wise. We missed free more than anyone in here cares to admit. 

But like I said, first priority is cleaning up the coaching staff. It’s embarrassing how fundamentally bad our D has looked out there. Manuel looks in over his head, and after a good start Sark has too the last 3 weeks. And frankly, Quinn’s message seems to have grown stale. He needs to get his own head out of his *** and rediscover why we brought him in here in the 1st place. 

Rant over, Selah.

falcons007 likes this

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Why are people so intent on cutting Bryant? Dude is one of the clutchest players in the league. If you want to make a ST cut to save money, get rid of Bosher.

Alford is pretty much a goner as well.

Ice Bryant was the only one I struggled with on my cut list, but I think it's time to part ways. Buddy is 43 years old. He missed six games in 2015 with a quad and missed three more this year with a hammy. Go back and watch the super slo mo of his hammy on the game winner against the Sucs. Rubbery. His body is breaking down and he's carrying a $4.2M cap hit. I'd give Tevecchio a shot and take the $2M in cap relief. We need to get out of FG mode anyway.

You're right about Bosher though. He had injuries last year and sucked monkey balls. He's floating around the bottom of the league this year in gross yards, net yards and punts inside the 20. He leads the league in punts blocked with that one, two, three, giddy up, dance move on his get off. Yeah bro I'd probably cut that mo fo too and get $2M more in cap relief. Good call.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

It will be very interesting and quite pivotal. I mentioned that this spring. TATF said STFU you're old and stupid. I didn't see the injuries comin but I definitely saw the 2019 cap situation and our fast and fiscal OLine and DLine way before camp started. 

I was pissed at not getting help on DL. This D is missing Poe, they could have made play for Michael Bennett.

FalconFanSince1970 and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

I was worried too. Not as vocal as you were, but I got brushed off that “Quinn the ‘DL guru’ knew what he was doing”. All I knew was after losing Poe, we had nobody to eat doubleteams for Jarrett and keep our skinny-*** LBers clean. 

With Top tier draft picks, it’s a great opportunity if they hit 2-3 of them right. They still have a lot of good young talent, we could get good real quick with a good draft combined with a stronger free agent offseason. How Dimi handles Julio and Jarrett contracts will be delicate, as well as determining where freeman is health- wise. We missed free more than anyone in here cares to admit. 

But like I said, first priority is cleaning up the coaching staff. Manuel looks in over his head, and after a good start Sark has too the last 3 weeks. And frankly, Quinn’s message seems to have grown stale. He needs to get his own head out of his *** and rediscover why we brought him in here in the 1st place. 

Rant over, Selah.

You were very vocal on Poe. Most were clueless and many to this day say we don't miss him. Dude was standing interior linemen up and two gapping us to the 9th best run defense. Our vertically challenged, lightweight one gappers are getting crushed by just about every team. Even our best DT Grady Jarrett. 

This offseason Dimi needs to delay extensions, spend in free agency, resist trading picks and nail a draft like 2016. His window is closing fast and will slam shut if we don't bounce back next year. Quinn's too. 

We definitely missed Free this year. He is highly underrated by Madden boys here on TATF that prefer the speed of Teco who couldn't find a hole with a freakin GPS road map.

Last year it was sorry as player execution. This year it was injuries and sorry as coaching. Dimi definitely underestimated the readiness of his coaches in 2018. With a Bowl in our backyard :angry:. Heads should roll but the brotherhood is too strong. They'll probably just sweep this one under the rug after a couple Kumbaya sessions.

falcons007, Sun Tzu 7 and Vandy like this

34 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We definitely missed Free this year. He is highly underrated by Madden boys here on TATF that prefer the speed of Teco who couldn’t find a hole with a freakin GPS road map.  

Last year it was sorry as player execution. This year it was injuries and sorry as coaching. Dimi definitely underestimated the readiness of his coaches in 2018. With a Bowl in our backyard :angry:. Heads should roll but the brotherhood is too strong. They'll probably just sweep this one under the rug after a couple kumbaya sessions. 

LMAO!!!

2 hours ago, stizz said:

We're at #8 right now and we'll almost definitely lose next week. TB and CLE winning today and some favorable matchups next week and I think we'll continue to slide.,

The draft position will change several times before the end of the season but I think we'll end up in the 11-15 range. TATF wants to tank but I doubt any one at The Branch is in tank mode. We're just two games off the second wild card spot trailing SEA, CAR and WAS. We own head to head against CAR and WAS who are on losing streaks. SEA still has KC and MIN. Anything can happen. Only TATF has quit.

kiwifalcon likes this

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The draft position will change several times before the end of the season but I think we'll end up in the 11-15 range. TATF wants to tank but I doubt any one at The Branch is in tank mode. We're just two games off the second wild card spot trailing SEA, CAR and WAS. We own head to head against CAR and WAS who are on losing streaks. SEA still has KC and MIN. Anything can happen. Only TATF has quit.

It is pretty amazing that there is a glimmer of hope.....but there is

27 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We're at seven losses man. We aren't getting into the playoffs. I think DQ is smart enough to accept that as he's never publically made statements about personnel changes the way he did about the line. He knows that he can draft really well. He needs to play that to his strengths and get the team ready for next year. I feel way more confident about next year than I did heading into what became the Super Bowl year. We needed way more on offense back then.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

There's still a lot of football left to be played, plus injury questions to be answered. At this point I'd go something like:

• CAP CUTS - Beasley, Shredder, Fusco, Reed and Ice Bryant to free up $27M and get to $54M. Use it to solidify both lines. Key to a Bowl
  • WALKERS - Teco, Levitre, Schaub, McClain, Hardy, Shelby, Wreh Wilson, Carter, Richards, Paulsen, Bethel, Sambrailo, Tandy, Beadles
  • EXTENSIONS - We need to push our key extensions to 2020. Julio, Debo, Dre and Hoop. Sorry but that's the cap state Dimi has us in
  • RE-SIGN- Jarrett, Irvin, Garland, Poole, Hall, Ish, Tavecchio and Means. Can get em with a $16M hit if we backload Grady. Leaves $38M
  • FREE AGENTS - Throw a $32M year one cap at Iupati, Saffold, James, Ford, Logan and Bridgewater if available. If not, similar players
  • DRAFT - We'll likely be drafting in the 11-15 range. The cream will be gone. Go BPA in every round at DE, DT, OG/C, OT, CB, LB, RB or TE
  • COACHING - Fire a few, improve in game adjustments, clock management and situational decisions. Change both schemes up a little. A lot

Could end up with a roster like this which should be an improvement:

• QB – Matt Ryan, Teddy Bridgewater
  • WR – Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage, Marvin Hall
  • RB – Devonta Freeman, Ito Smith, Brian Hill, Ricky Ortiz, Draft Pick
  • TE – Austin Hooper, Eric Saubert, Draft Pick
  • OC – Alex Mack, Ben Garland
  • OG – Mike Iupati, Roger Saffold, Wes Schweitzer, Draft Pick
  • OT – Jake Matthews, Ja'Wuan James, Matt Gono, Draft Pick
  • DE – Dee Ford, Takkarist McKinley, Bruce Irvin, Steven Means, Draft Pick
  • DT – Grady Jarrett, Bennie Logan, Jack Crawford, Deadrin Senat, Draft Pick
  • LB – Deion Jones, De’Vondre Campbell, Foyesade Oluokun, Kemal Ishmael, Duke Riley, Draft Pick
  • CB – Desmond Trufant, Robert Alford, Isaiah Oliver, Brian Poole, Draft Pick
  • FS – Ricardo Allen, Damontae Kazee
  • SS – Keanu Neal, Sharrod Neasman
  • K – Giorgio Tavecchio
  • P – Matt Bosher
  • LS – Josh Harris

Lupati is done and Bridgewater will go to a team where he at least has a chance to start

Stafford could be a good get..he can play guard or tackle  but is a little older so his contract may not be as pricey as some others.

32 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Lupati is done and Bridgewater will go to a team where he at least has a chance to start

Stafford could be a good get..he can play guard or tackle  but is a little older so his contract may not be as pricey as some others.

I watched a couple ARI plays today. Iupati didn't look done. If he is we need the next best OG on the market. Can't risk starting a rook that will need two or three years to find his sea legs. Garland and Schweitzer can't deal with the interior as beaters you have to face to get what we want.

Bridgewater might get a shot to start for a QB needy team like TB but he might be interested in a couple mil to carry a clipboard for Ryan like the one he's carrying for Brees this year. He's only 26 years old and could be a much better back up than Schaub at a lower hit.

58 minutes ago, stizz said:

We're at seven losses man. We aren't getting into the playoffs. I think DQ is smart enough to accept that as he's never publically made statements about personnel changes the way he did about the line. He knows that he can draft really well. He needs to play that to his strengths and get the team ready for next year. I feel way more confident about next year than I did heading into what became the Super Bowl year. We needed way more on offense back then.

TD has many more swings and misses on the oline that hits.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

We're at seven losses and will likely have to win out to get in. Not impossible. Especially with three losing teams on the schedule, one winning team on a three game losing streak and the other winning team coming in our building Sunday. I bet Quinn is trying to win out. He definitely aint workin on tankin strategies. Trust me. In his four seasons with us he's ripped off a five and a six game winning streak. Definitely possible in this watered down 2018 NFL Flag Football League.

kiwifalcon likes this

I watched a couple ARI plays today. Iupati didn't look done. If he is we need the next best OG on the market. Can't risk starting a rook that will need two or three years to find his sea legs. Garland and Schweitzer can't deal with the interior as beaters you have to face to get what we want.

Bridgewater might get a shot to start for a QB needy team like TB but he might be interested in a couple mil to carry a clipboard for Ryan like the one he's carrying for Brees this year. He's only 26 years old and could be a much better back up than Schaub at a lower hit.

I have not watched many cardinal games but I did live in Arizona for the previous 4 seasons prior to this year and I will probably be there for next year....I can tell you that he got his *** beat last year....he looked done...it was widely suspected that he was going to get cut this past offseason.

We can handle a rookie LG of he comes from a similar system ....playing between Matthews and Mack would make a learning curve smaller.

Same can be said for a rookie RG if we can get a good solid veteran RT.

Cut Beasley since he's the most expensive and the most useless... Keep Grady Jarrett, Teco and Poole.

Try for Lagarette Blount if he can come cheap for short yardage/goal line muscle and draft pure beef. OT, OG, DT DE best available.

1 hour ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

Cut Beasley since he's the most expensive and the most useless... Keep Grady Jarrett, Teco and Poole.

Try for Lagarette Blount if he can come cheap for short yardage/goal line muscle and draft pure beef. OT, OG, DT DE best available.

Poole has no ball skills and lost his ability to tackle this year. We need to upgrade our secondary and not remain status quo.

We're at seven losses and will likely have to win out to get in. Not impossible. Especially with three losing teams on the schedule, one winning team on a three game losing streak and the other winning team coming in our building Sunday. I bet Quinn is trying to win out. He definitely aint workin on tankin strategies. Trust me. In his four seasons with us he's ripped off a five and a six game winning streak. Definitely possible in this watered down 2018 NFL Flag Football League.

We'd have to win out and have everyone in front of us lose out. This isn't a playoff ready team man. Get the top 10 pick and watch the magic Quinn can work with 9 draft picks.

Thankfully, I think Lamar shuts that door on the season when he runs for 150 on us.

1 hour ago, stizz said:

Poole has no ball skills and lost his ability to tackle this year. We need to upgrade our secondary and not remain status quo.

I think without leaders like Debo and Rico he may look lost. I'd give him another chance when they're back before I write him off.

On 11/23/2018 at 8:33 PM, theDIRTYcode said:

Our defensive and offensive lines will be in shambles next year. That's about all I know. We need 2 guards, a replacement for Mack, a pass rusher, at least one DT, a **** ton of money to keep the other one....and we could we use another line backer. 

It's bad.

I think LB should be set in regards to starters...Debo, Campbell, and probably Oluokon would be starters...but we use nickel more than 4-3 anyways. We could always draft a 4th-7th round LB to complement, and thats if we cut Riley anyways(could always keep him around for spec teams if he is a good locker room guy).

I think the funniest thing is that WRs are sitting at our projected 11 and 43 draft slots.

I sure hope our GM isn't reading this thread and highlighting them.